Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adept Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lumos Rayn
I have been playing a adept for about 5mths now
and i need help on what adep ts are capable of since i have seen nothing that i could my magic to help myself so i need help frown.gif
Critias
QUOTE (The English Language)

Help, I'm being raped!

Slow down, take your time, use a full sentence or two, and ask specifically what it is you want help with. Adepts are "capable of" an awful lot. What exactly is it you want to know? Advice on what powers to get, advice on how to spend karma, what?
Bodak
If you have the SR3 book and/or Magic in the Shadows you should be able to find plenty of information on adepts' capabilities in there. If you're playing 4th edition there will be information on adepts in either or both its books. Which books do you have? What has your character been up to for the past five months?
Lumos Rayn
i'm running SR4
Ryu
You started playing an adept 5 month ago.

Wich powers did you choose?
Dog
(Edit: Before eidolon ruined my fun by correcting a typo in the thread title, it was asking for help with an "Adpet")

Dear consumer,

Thank you for purchasing your adpet™, the latest in our line of media-drones. Normally, your adpet should provide fuzzy companionship while providing you with up-to-the-minute information on the newest products and services.

By your description, your adpet™ is experiencing a problem called "run-on." A very rare bug, it causes your adpet to spout unending, unpunctuated, relatively meaningless sentences.

We suggest you reboot your adpet's™ software. If this fails to correct the problem, please return your adpet™ to the nearest distribution center and we will be happy to replace it with another adpet™ or, if one is not available, offer you a free upgrade to a shopbot™.

Good luck. We wish you many months of successful shopping with a faithful adpet at your side!

Sincerely,

Friendtech Industries smile.gif
Proud makers of adpet™, shopbot™, and new newshound™ companion drones.

Protagonist
eek.gif

You win the matrix!
Konsaki
@Dog
+4 Karma for RP and innovative thinking.
Synner
QUOTE (Lumos Rayn @ Oct 13 2006, 11:34 AM)
i'm running SR4

Besides the core book, a significant amount of rules on adepts, initiation, adept-specific metamagics, adept Ways, magical groups, and a host of new (or updated) powers can be found in the Street Magic sourcebook. Depending on your particular adept's focus and how much karma he's racked up there are a lot of options open to you. It would be helpful to have some character information to provide suggestions.
lorechaser
1. Agreed on the general theme of "Sentences" and "logical constructions."

2. In general, an adept wants to max out their magic, and their primary skills. If you've been playing for 5 months, your skills are likely at their cap. So you're going to want to focus on increasing your magic, and thus, your adept powers.

Ask your GM about a cash to karma conversion first.

Then look at the section on initiation, if you haven't already. Normal magic caps at 6. Initiated mages cap at 6+grade. So you can spend the karma to init a couple times, then buy your magic up to 8. You can then pick powers to fill in those new magic points.

Synner
QUOTE (lorechaser)
2. In general, an adept wants to max out their magic, and their primary skills. If you've been playing for 5 months, your skills are likely at their cap.

That's a pretty big assumption since you can only start with one skill at the cap and the costs of raising any others from 4 to 6 aren't insignificant...
fistandantilus4.0
In general, an adept is someone that gets magical bonuses to a skill, or other abilities that you can't normally get, like running up walls. So decide what is is you want to be good at, look at the powers list, and go from there.

That being said, in the future, try giving a little more details in your questions. Just "I'm an adept and need help" is pretty open ended. It'll make for quicker answers, and less threads where the first few posts are "huh, what is it precisely you're asking" followed by a bunch of sarcastic comments. We usually try to reserve sarcastic comments until after the question is answered. wink.gif
lorechaser
QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (lorechaser @ Oct 16 2006, 03:02 PM)
2. In general, an adept wants to max out their magic, and their primary skills.  If you've been playing for 5 months, your skills are likely at their cap.

That's a pretty big assumption since you can only start with one skill at the cap and the costs of raising any others from 4 to 6 aren't insignificant...

True. I was using cap more in the metaphorical "You probably don't want to pour too much more karma in to them" sense than a true rank 9.

And the general point was that Adepts need to focus on magic. wink.gif
eidolon
Thread title corrected.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (eidolon)
Thread title corrected.

Can you fix the question too?
eidolon
Don't be so obtuse.
Dog
QUOTE (eidolon)
Thread title corrected.

Corrected?! Now I just look like a nut.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (eidolon)
Don't be so obtuse.

Sorry.

I will then be explicit, and wonder why you do not exercise your Mod powers to fix the typographical errors in all posts subject lines rather then this particular one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012