Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle's New Governor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
fistandantilus4.0
Who would you vote for?

Julius Strouthers, the current governor, and the first dwarf born in Seattle all those years ago *sniffle*. Strouthers is rumored to have been a fixer a decode or two back, a self made man. He's coming down hard on Lone Star lately for their inability to catch a serial killer. Former COO of Thomas Lake Mining and Oil. A family man, born and raised in Seattle.

Kenneth Brackhaven, a former presidential candidate, and figure head of the Humanis Policlub. A local and wealthy businessman, also locally born and raised. Kenneth knows how to do business, and finished second in the presidential race and President Dunkelzhan. Owns and runs his own class A corp Brackhaven investments.

Josephine Dzhugashvili is a graduate of the JFK School of Goverment, a Pulitzer-prize winner her book The Corporate Politician, and favors secession from the UCAS. She is reportedly friendly with the NAN nations, and believes something is seriously wrong with the UCAS. She has the support of three AAA corps (Aztechnology, Evo, Horizon), and may be associated with Rowena O'Malley if the rumors are true.

Soooooo...... vote away! (and tell us why)
Mistwalker
Voted for Josephine Dzhugashvili.
Just to shake things up. I don't believe that the succession will happen, but it could get more stuff/nuyen out of UCAS to fix a few things in Seattle. Besides, it will be fun to watch all the news people try and pronounce her name.

Besides, being SINless, my vote means nothing.
Hmm... I wonder what rating of fake SIN I would need to be able to vote? biggrin.gif
fool
just a tip, this thread has been done before about two or three weeks ago.
That being said, I think I may have changed my vote since that time.
fistandantilus4.0
I didn't see anything in the last few pages, although granted I didn't do a search. Suppose I should have known better. The Governor's race has become a big thing in our games very quickly, so I'm seeing what the general opinion is like.
PBTHHHHT
Brackhaven! He's a man who looks after us humans. Humanis Unite!

*No, I'm not that sort of person, but I do like giving the Humanis a voice in all these forums just for flavour. Devil's Advocate silly.gif
fool

you must of voted twice.
the guv's race has been central in my campaign too.
PBTHHHHT
I only have one account and I did not vote twice. So that means somebody else also voted for Brackhaven... eeek!
fistandantilus4.0
I'm wondering why they bothered maknig an incumbent that was pretty much deisgned to step aside. It reminds me of the '57 race. There were a few interesting characters, but it was mostly background people (I mean really, like anyone was going to vote for Booth), Brackhaven the "bad guy", and Dunkelzhan.

Seems like they're doing the same thing here. I would be very suprised if Brackhaven actually won. It would make for a very interesting Seattle.
Mistwalker
With all the metahuman runners around, I am sure that someone would get ticked off enought to take him out.

He is a politician, not a military dictator like Saito, hence more accessable, specially for someone who didn't care if they got away after the hit.
fistandantilus4.0
That would be awesome.

Just think of the potential for runs:Humanis leader becomes Governor of Seattle. It could be a Night of Rage all over again. Then someone assassinates the governor. UCAS steps in to establish martial law, Josephine puts up a fight, siting that the UCAS is already being too heavy handed in Seattle. Who really assassinated the Governor? The metahumans, to fight for their rights? The UCAS goverment, for an excuse to step in and whip Seattle in to line? The mafia, to get "their candidate in place?

How old is Brakky now anyways?
I believe it's mentioned somewhere in SuperTuesday in the run concerning him. Guess by the pic in RH that he got leonization treatments.
Mistwalker
Or it could be his elf blood
grin
he got his ears trimmed back when he was a baby.
biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Nope, he was born human. Today's Kenny Brackhaven was adopted when the original was born an ork and daddy brackhaven got rid of him in favor of a human.
Mistwalker
Oh, I know about the switch at birth
but who knows if an enemy of daddy did another switch
biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
That run in the GM screen booklet where you have to help out a politico who's being black mailed, we did that, and it was Brackhaven. The Blackmail was him with various metahuman prostitutes in 'dominance' positions. Yeah, we destroyed those. Most of those. The rest are in a safety deposit box just in case. Made for an interesting game, helping out the guy that you knew was scum, because he might be helpful later. Even more fun because my character is in the mafia, so that leaves other options open as well.
warrior_allanon
Strouthers:

Sometimes its better to deal with the evil you know rather than something new.
Fortune
Kid Stealth for Governor!
Dranem
Okay, who voted other?

I went for Strouthers, power to the people!
Besides, who wants to go for Brackhaven? I couldn't be president, so now he wants to be governer? While I'm sure this is a humbling attempt at staying in governement, I see it as a weak comeback.

Can't trust a woman who wants to mold Seattle into NAN... if there's a problem with the UCAS, then I think Seattle should vote for independance, not trade one government for another.
blakkie
The Great Devlin Krass, Mayor of Seattle!

I understand his campaign slogan is "A hooker in every public washroom."
Oracle
I second that. Krass for Governor!!!
DragginSPADE
I voted for Josephine simply because of the the massive number of shadowruns that would be spawned from Seattle attempting to seceed. IMHO that would be more interesting that putting Brackhaven in the big seat, although that would certainly create runs as well.
Voting for the dwarf is basically a vote to keep things the same as I see it.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune)
Kid Stealth for Governor!

nice

I think I'll change my vote
Cheops
I voted for Brackhaven. When there's a lot of instability in the world and people are worried about what's going to happen they fall back into conservatism to steady themselves. Not the way I'd vote but the way I think a lot of people would vote in SR Seattle.
Ancient History
Does my vote count?
Mistwalker
Sure, go ahead

grin
but you really should let us know if the vote is rigged. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Only if you vote (and tell us why. the public needs to know)
Jack Kain
If your a friend to the shadows vote Dwarf
Caine Hazen
AH rigged teh elections!!!! oh NOES!!!

Wait, how is this different from any election we've had yet in the SR universe wink.gif???
fool
FastJack for Guv.
he's got the best chance of fixing the elections to get in anyway
another great option would be a replay of california election where the results were erased by a hacker gang.
Steak and Spirits
Well, against my better Judgement, I voted for Julius Strouthers, despite the fact that in the Genesis version of Shadowrun, he operated out of the Matchstick, which had a 150 =Y= cover charge every time I walked in and out of the door.

Talk about overhead for Shadowrun Payouts, from a mid-level Johnson! If any of you remember, Mortimer Reed was a much more realistic Mid-Level Johnson.

But, in the end, Julius Strouthers did an excellent job of providing me with a contact that could break me into the Hollywood correction facility, which means he understands, and is able to work the prison system for his constituents.

And if that isn't a valuable skill for a Shadowrunner's political representation, I don't know what is.
Wakshaani
Struthers is in the pocket of the Dwarven Mafia (You heard it here first) and that crazy Seccesionist would lead to a nightmare scenario for teh city ... or do you *want* another General Saito?

Brackhaven's the only man for the job with stability, with a natiowide presence, and who knows what it'll take to get us through the storm.
Steak and Spirits
QUOTE (Wakshaani)
Brackhaven's the only man for the job with stability, with a natiowide presence, and who knows what it'll take to get us through the storm.

But can Brackhaven send you on courier runs all over Seattle, which net you as much as (or less than)Gunderson, after taking in account that you have to pay a 150 =Y= cover charge to meet with him?

...I don't think so.

Clearly Strouthers is so cool, an entire video game incorporated you paying for the priveledge of working for him.

A vote for Julius is a vote for coolness!
Fortune
QUOTE (Wakshaani)
Struthers is in the pocket of the Dwarven Mafia ...

Ah yes, the Stonecutters. biggrin.gif
Trax
Nah, that's the Lollipop Guild.
FlakJacket
Lord Torgo for Governor! smokin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Lord Torgo for Governor!

He can't be Governor ... he's still in jail! nyahnyah.gif
SL James
That hasn't stopped Lyndon LaRouche from trying.

Anyway, I would vote for Brackhaven because he's the only candidate whose background isn't completely retarded. And I'm sure as hell not going to vote for someone who shares the same last name as Josef Stalin.
Ryu
Lyndon LaRouche... being completely unable to even think clearly did not stop him from writing a book. How that one got to be proff...

But I get a bit OT. Kenneth Brackhaven as mayor would offer much shadow work AS A TARGET. So he will provide more job opportunities. YES!
Ankle Biter
I'll go with the incumbent, Dwarf Power!

I'll even catch that serial killer for him, just cos I can.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
I'll go with the incumbent, Dwarf Power!

I'll even catch that serial killer for him, just cos I can.

Rather appropriate that someone named Ankle Biter votes for the Dwarf.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Fortune)
He can't be Governor ... he's still in jail! nyahnyah.gif

And? Hire a few runner and private investigation teams to take another look at his case to find, or manufacture, the evidence to prove that he was wrongly convicted. Sue for a large chunk of cash for wrongful conviction and whatever else you can get away with, then use it to start off your campaign. So nyah! nyahnyah.gif
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Steak and Spirits)
Well, against my better Judgement, I voted for Julius Strouthers, despite the fact that in the Genesis version of Shadowrun, he operated out of the Matchstick, which had a 150 =Y= cover charge every time I walked in and out of the door.

Talk about overhead for Shadowrun Payouts, from a mid-level Johnson! If any of you remember, Mortimer Reed was a much more realistic Mid-Level Johnson.

But, in the end, Julius Strouthers did an excellent job of providing me with a contact that could break me into the Hollywood correction facility, which means he understands, and is able to work the prison system for his constituents.

And if that isn't a valuable skill for a Shadowrunner's political representation, I don't know what is.

If you got your rep up you can skip the cover charge.
Steak and Spirits
Yeah, but by then you're already running for Vigor&Jarl, or Caleb Brightmore.
Blue eyes
Hmmm well ill rather vote for Julius Strothers our incumbent possible corrupt dwarf, than vote for Dzhugashivili who's a secessionst or a racehater like Brackhaven.
ChicagosFinest
Vote Peranwhyr (i think thats how you spell it)... why not Dragons control everything else and it would be funny to see shadowrun do the same thing 2 times.
Jaid
QUOTE (Steak and Spirits)
Yeah, but by then you're already running for Vigor&Jarl, or Caleb Brightmore.

actually, i personally just skipped the johnsons entirely if it was money i was after...

just go hack some random host, steal some data, and sell it. heck, there's a terminal right next to the guy who buys the data from you =P

sure, sometimes your data was worthless, but sometimes you'd be hacking a ridiculously easy system and you'd end up with data worth 10k or more =P

(on a side note, i never really liked struthers as a johnson either... )

anyways, i vote for separation from the UCAS =P who needs them anyways? wink.gif
SL James
QUOTE (Jaid)
anyways, i vote for separation from the UCAS =P who needs them anyways? wink.gif

hahaha.

Ask Critias or mfb what happened when the risk of secession reared its head in one of my campaigns. biggrin.gif
Cheops
God, I remember what it was like back in the 90's when Quebec had a big push to seccede and what it was like here in Vancouver nearing the transfer of Hong Kong from British to Chinese rule. Wouldn't want to be a Seattle resident in Shadowrun during a credible threat of seccession.
PBTHHHHT
For some it's the time to form an underground cell to cause problems to show the citizens that the powers of Seattle cannot handle being independent. devil.gif
Charon
I'd vote Brackhaven, then Dzhugashvili and Strouthers.

Which is exactly the reverse of the orderes I'd prefer them if I were a denizen of the sixth world instead of a GM who wants the most horrible political situation possible in order to set up future runs.

Brackhaven is a few sessions away from winning a controversial election that will be contested in court in my campaign. Or I'll change my mind have the separatist in power. Either way, no chance I let a guy who wants to fix things in powers! More chaos! We need more chaos!
Steak and Spirits
Improve things? Are you kidding? He's a typical Tax&Spend liberal, precisely the reason that the downtrodden are perpetual to begin with!

I'm just voting for him because his policies will continue to seperate the elite from the poor denizens that are fooled into believing he's actually helping them. And that's totally cyberpunk material, right there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012