INT +1d6 (+3d6)

Magic 11

Combat Pool 10

Edges
Aptitude: Fiddle
Perceptive
Poor Link

Flaws
Flashbacks: Highlander style flashbacks whenever he encounters something from his past.
Dark Secret: Is Immortal due to a curse from a powerful and malicious magical being.

Initiate Grade 7

Metamagics:
Virtuoso
Adept Centering (Fiddle):Physical Skills
Adept Centering (Fiddle):Ranged Combat
Divining
Psychometry
Limited Astral Projection

Geasa: Talisman (The Golden Fiddle)

Adept Powers
Commanding Voice
Enthralling Performance
Empathic Sense
Empathic Reading 2
Imp Ability: Fiddle 8
Imp. Reflexes 2
Imp. Sense: Vision Mag 3
Imp. Sense: Improved Scent
Imp. Sense: Directional Sense
Imp. Sense: Sound Dampening
Imp. Sense: Low-Light Vision
Motion Sense
Quick Draw
Astral Perception

Active Skills
Pistols 5
Shotguns 6
Rifles 5
Unarmed Combat 3
Clubs 4
Etiquette 5
Leadership 3
Intimidation 4
Interrogation 3
Interrogation/Verbal 3/4
Biotech/First Aid 4/5
Lock Picking 3
Disguise 3
Bike 5
Car 2
Aura Reading 4
Centering 5
Divining 3
Athletics 3
Stealth 4
Wilderness Survival 6
Edged Weapons 3

Knowledge Skills
Fiddle 16
Spirits 4
The Metaplanes 3
Christian Theurgy 4
Mythology 5

History:
Sometime in the begining or middle of the 20th century the Devil (or some magical being in the guise of the Christian Devil) went down to Georgia looking for a soul to steal and he was in a bind 'cause he was way behind and was willin' to make a deal.
He came across a fiddle player named Johnny, who claimed to be the best there's ever been, and he challanged the arrogant kid to a musical duel. If Johnny won the he would get a fiddle made of solid gold but if he lost then the Devil would get his soul. The contest was epic but in the end The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat; and he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet
Johnny, however, being the arrogant moron that he was at the time, made a fatal mistake. He gloated like a sore winner and proclaimed to the Devil
"just come on back if you ever wanna try again. I done told you once, you son-of-a-bitch, I'm the best that's ever been!"
As most educated people know, if you ever meet the Devil you should have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; You must use all your well-learned politesse or he'll lay your soul to waste.
The Devil, of course, lost Johnny's soul but he took the most insidious revenge for the insult. He cursed the golden fiddle and its owner with true immortality.

Johnny would later learn that his superb fiddle skill was a result of being born near (perhaps on) a manaspike and awakening as an Adept. Over time has has devolped his powers and searched for a way to rid himself of his curse. Today, he travels the world selling his services to the higest bidder while chasing any rumer about the Devil that cursed him. He has refined his fiddling skills so that he can play with one hand and shoot with the other, taking advantage his centerng.

The Golden Fiddle
Force 7 Unique Focus

The Golden Fiddle is what its name suggests. A fiddle make entirely of 24 karet gold. Although a solid gold fiddle should be heavy and should sound terrible, the Golden Fiddle is astonishingly light and sounds better than any other fiddle in existance.

When played, it adds its force to the Fiddle test and to any centering test made with the Fiddle as a linked skill. Its use also increases the TN of the test to resist Commanding Voice and Enthralling Performance by +1 and it acts as a Force 7 Calm Pack spell with 7 successes on any nonsentient animal that hears it (including nonsentient awakened critters).

The Golden Fiddle's most unique attribute is that it grants Immunity to Age and Immunity to Death to its owner. The first power works as normal while the second power prevents the character from dying but does not prevent him from suffering wounds or give him any healing bonuses. Should the Fiddle's owner take a deadly wound he will automaticly stabalize and will not take any overflow without intervention. He may take overflow from further attacks or overdamage but his overflow moniter does not have any limit. Given time, he will recover from any wound but he does not recover any faster or any better than other body 5 humans and Johnny has the scars to prove it.

The fiddle can only be bound by Johnny and can never by severed from him. Any other character who attempts to bond the fiddle will suffer 7D damage resisted with Willpower, lose 7 karma, and fail. Should the Fiddle be seperated from Johnny he may call it back to him from anywhere in the universe via the metaplanes. The fiddle, if called, will seem to physically shift to the metaplanes in a manner not unlike the Fading critter power and reappear in Johnney's hand. This takes a complex action.

The fiddle cannot be destroyed by normal means and will never take any damage from any physical or magical attack.
Trax
Who needs a club when you can use a 24k Fiddle to do the bashing for you. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
It should be a 6S wound and a loss of 6 karma.

~J
Konsaki
Now all we need is a piano adept... eek.gif
Dog
"Fire on the mountain! Run boy, run!"

Clearly a premonition of the ghost dance.
Frag-o Delux
What about a pinball wizard? I think he'll be named Tommy.
Domino
This place continues to amaze me.
Tanka
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
It should be a 6S wound and a loss of 6 karma.

~J

Har.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
What about a pinball wizard? I think he'll be named Tommy.

He's got such a suple wrist.

Tommy
Elf
Path of the Reigh Magician Adept

Body 3
Quickness 8
Strength 3
Charisma 5
Intelligence 5
Willpower 8
Essence 6.00
Reaction 6
Init. Dice 1
Magic 8

Edges
Aptitude: Pinball
Home Gound: a one square meter area around his favorite pinball machine

Flaws
Deaf
Blind
Compulsive: Pinball

Initiate Grade 2

Active Skills
Conjuring 5
Centering 5
Sorcery 5
Athletics 4
Stealth 5

Knowledge Skills
Pinball(KNO) [19]

Metamagics
Centering (pinball)

Spells
Fast 4
Nutrition 4
Rest 4

Adept Powers
Improved Performance Skill (Pinball) 8
Magic Power 6

Tommy is a deaf, dumb, and blind kid who sure plays a mean pinball. His fast and nutrition spells, along with his costom spell Rest, allow him to keep playing pinball indefinently. So far he has been playing the same machine for just under 3 years straight and has not yet lost a single ball.

Rest
Drain (+1)M
TN4
Physical
Health

Rest refreshes the target as if he had just had a nap. For each success the target recieves rest equivilant to 1 hour of sleep.
Kagetenshi
Nothing about his mirror? frown.gif

~J
Critias
I'm just wondering how someone plays a fiddle one handed while shooting a gun with the other. Some sort of...brace? Strap system? Anti-grav device that makes it hover horizontally in the appropriate position, without his left arm to hold it in place?
Fortune
QUOTE (Critias @ Oct 24 2006, 09:31 PM)
I'm just wondering how someone plays a fiddle one handed while shooting a gun with the other.  Some sort of...brace?  Strap system?  Anti-grav device that makes it hover horizontally in the appropriate position, without his left arm to hold it in place?

Hold it with your chin and hammer the neck with your left hand, heavy metal-style, while blazing away with your Predator in the right (or the opposite for southpaws). biggrin.gif
emo samurai
Stop musclin' in on mah turf! biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Stop musclin' in on mah turf! biggrin.gif

We were making crazy characters long before you got here, pal. We just aren't as… prolific.

~J
DV8
QUOTE (Domino)
This place continues to amaze me.

Yeah, and not in a good way...
emo samurai
OOOH OOOOH! Do an emo samurai!
Kagetenshi
Emo Samurai:

Body: 0
Quickness: 0
Strength: 0
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: 0
Essence: 0.00
Reaction: 0+0d6

Edges:

Flaws:
Dead since Tokugawa Shogunate

Active Skills:
Decomposing 12

Knowledge Skills:
'80s D.C. Punk Scene: 6
Hardcore Punk: 5
Fugazi: 5

~J
emo samurai
That's Emo Samurai, not emo samurai. You didn't even make him EMO SAMURAI! You suck, Kagetenshi.
eidolon
Lolzers, "Decomposing 12".
emo samurai
"Roll 12 dice against a target number of -5. Divide 100 days by the number of successes; that is the time it takes for his flesh to rot and his skeleton to animate itself to seek vengeance against all fleshy things."
eidolon
Now that'd be AWESOME. A skeletal emo-sam, wandering around with flaming glowy eyes, on a metal-soundtracked quest to kill the oyuban that had him put six feet under.

Of course, he can't talk, so the constant pre-death screams of "what do you want (in Japanese, of course)" would only be answered by the sound of the flames licking the inside of his emo-skull.

Badass.
emo samurai
Now make stats for the emo samurai skeleton!
Kagetenshi
See above.

~J
Lindt
Goddess I love Dumpshock sometimes. This is one of those times.

Anyone who can quote CD Band and the stones back-to-back cant be all bad, even if it IS Hyzmarca.

emo samurai
An animated emo samurai would kick so much more ass, Kage. Stop shitting me.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (emo samurai)
An animated emo samurai would kick so much more ass, Kage. Stop shitting me.

You're already animated enough.
Kagetenshi
emo samurai:

Body: 1
Quickness: 1
Strength: 1
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 1
Essence: 0.00
Reaction: 1+0d6

Edges:

Flaws:
Dead since Tokugawa Shogunate

Active Skills:
Decomposing 12
Composing 6
Electric Guitar 5

Knowledge Skills:
'80s D.C. Punk Scene: 6
Hardcore Punk: 5
Fugazi: 5

~J
emo samurai
Dude, his flaming skull should be worth at LEAST 6 intimidation.
Deamon_Knight
How did Hyzmarca create an Emo Thread? My god.... If its contagious............
emo samurai
I am infecting people with AWESOME.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Deamon_Knight)
How did Hyzmarca create an Emo Thread? My god.... If its contagious............

Dude, I've been creating these kinds of characters since long before emo samurai joined.

I would like to point out The Tick, posted more than two months before emo joined.

You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!
Kagetenshi
No, this is an emo thread. Specifically, it has become entirely about e.s. Let's try to reverse that trend.

~J
toturi
[There is no emo. It is not canon, therefore it does not exist.]
Deamon_Knight
That dosen't make it stop Burning My Eyes, Toturi
toturi
I find that having a lousy graphics card that overheats works wonders when you don't want to see something.

I would also suggest closing your eyes and rubbing them very quickly.

But you do not need to follow them, they are my house rules. biggrin.gif
emo samurai
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Oct 25 2006, 09:00 PM)
No, this is an emo thread. Specifically, it has become entirely about e.s. Let's try to reverse that trend.

~J

Okay, so what wacky character shall we make next?
Angelone
Nm
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Okay, so what wacky character shall we make next?

The Acid Queen.

DMSO+LSD=fun.

~J
Tanka
...Dude...

*steal idea*
Dog
You'd be stealing it from the Dead Kennedys circa 1985-ish.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Dog)
You'd be stealing it from the Dead Kennedys circa 1985-ish.

The Who circa 1969, heathen.

It was originally a part of Tommy, the greatest Rock Opera ever. They made a frikkin movie about it with Roger Daltrey as Tommy and Tina Turner as the Acid Queen in 1975. It was the first movie ever to feature quintaphonic sound.
Dog
I'll admit ignorance on that one. I was referring to DK's song DMSO and the suggestion of mixing it with LSD to smear on the door handles of cop cars.

What happened in the Acid Queen?
Kagetenshi
The Acid Queen.

The DMSO would just be an updated delivery mechanism for the Gypsy Queen to share her gift with those who would refuse it. The Dead Kennedys had the right idea, but I took no inspiration from them.

~J
hyzmarca
In case the lyrics were not clear, Tommy was a deaf dumb and blind kid who sure played a mean pinball. However, his impairment was purely psychosomatic. His parents hired an alternative medicine practitioner (the Acid Queen) to treat his condition with doses of LSD. It doesn't actually work. He doesn't snap out of his state until an incident with a broken miror later in the opera.

Just do a Google search for Tommy.
Kagetenshi
It may not have snapped him out of his impairment, but from his personality after recovering I'd say it definitely worked.

~J
Dog
Groovy.
emo samurai
Here's an SR4 character sheet.

Yoshimi

Body 5
Strength 4
Agility 6
Reaction 9
Willpower 5
Logic 3
Intuition 5
Charisma 4
Edge 5
Magic 10

Active Skills

Hand-To-Hand(Fighting Robots) 7
Negotiation (City Hall) 4
Leadership (Inspiration for Men in Distress) 4

Initiate Grade 4
Metamagics: Somatic Control, Infusion, Attunement(CD's), Adept Centering

Adept Powers

Increase Reflexes 3
Critical Strike x 10
Killing Hands
Elemental Strike (electric)
Improved Ability Hand to Hand x 2

Background:
Her name is Yoshimi, she's a black belt in karate, working for the city, she has to discipline her body, 'cause she knows that it's demanding to defeat those evil machines. She won't let those robots eat (or defeat) you.

Those evil-natured robots, they're programmed to destroy us. She's gotta be strong to fight them, so she's taking lots of vitamins, 'cause she knows that it'd be tragic if those evil robots win.
Draconis
QUOTE (emo samurai)

Background:
Her name is Yoshimi, she's a black belt in karate, working for the city, she has to discipline her body, 'cause she knows that it's demanding to defeat those evil machines. She won't let those robots eat (or defeat) you.

Those evil-natured robots, they're programmed to destroy us. She's gotta be strong to fight them, so she's taking lots of vitamins, 'cause she knows that it'd be tragic if those evil robots win.

Domo Arigato Mrs. Roboto nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012