Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit Power Effectiveness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
gh0st.walk3r
After one member of my group has started playing a loa shaman (something to do with him being allowed to shout 'voodoo' whenever he wanted) I took an interest in Loa spirits.

The bit about not being able to materialise interested me, as from my knowledge this meant that they couldn't affect mundane people directly (then not being part of the astral and all)

But then I wondered, how do their powers work, he's used one to cast fear on a couple of ghouls, which I theorised would be possible because they are dual natured. But can they be used on mundanes? My theory is that because mundanes don't interact with the astral then they can't be affected by something soley on the astral.

Does this mean that loa are pretty much useless until they possess someone?
Dentris
Pretty much useless, yes.

Although they can still make astral recon, assense others (mundane or not) and fight astrally.
hyzmarca
Spirits have a magical link to their summoners and can always use powers on their summoners without regard to the plane that they are on. By extension, Loa also have a link to their summoners' servitors. Thus, a Loa can always use Guard, Concealment, and other beneficial powers on the summoner and can use these powers on any team members if they go through the ritual to become a servitor.
Herald of Verjigorm
Loa are capable of affecting the physical when they are possessing something. This something can be the conjurer or a devoted servitour. I don't remember if zombies get to use the spirit powers they would've had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012