Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: synapse headset
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.gizmag.com/go/5514/

i think the photo speaks for itself...
Kagetenshi
Add an eye-mounted display and dump the vertebra styling and it'd be perfect. Maybe shift the core away from the center of the back of the head so that it doesn't interfere with resting one's head against something.

~J
eidolon
Meh. I'm with Kage on dumping the styling. It's ridiculous looking. And as far as the device itself, I use a Plantronics 510 Voyager, which does what this thing is trying to do without making me look like a rejected Star Trek Voyager audition.

E for effort, but you'd never catch me wearing one.
Kagetenshi
The Voyager doesn't provide enough anchoring to stick an eye-mounted display on, though. For single-ear audio-only, it looks fine.

~J
Bodak
He's a University of University of Bridgeport student. That's my favourite part.
Kagetenshi
A university so big, it has its own university? I like the idea.

~J
Bodak
I thought it was rather impressive.

I must be missing something though. This device is frequently referred to as a multimedia headset. With Kage's suggestion implemented it would be bimedia (conveying video and audio data) and if it had headphone-like tentacles that you shoved up your nose to provide olfactory input it would be multimedia. As it is at the moment I can only count one medium, and that's audio. It can't be that simple: if this were the case it would be referred to as a monomedium headset.

Maybe the multimedia is referring to the storage media it accepts. I didn't see slots for 5.25" and 3.5" floppies, CDs, DVDs, MDs, Jazz, Zip, BlueRay or any other assortment of storage media readers... I am intrigued as to the specifics of the multitude of media this headset boasts.
hobgoblin
multimedia is a buzzword these days...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012