Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thought Form
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
In Street Magic theres two mentions of your companions being able to assist you on astral. One mentions awakened drugs/plants. (hehe Actually used adventure with awakened coffee beans before this came out). Other is "mental doubles" created by mind of the projecting magician.

How would you stat these projections? The same as any projecting magician without any of added benifits? or somthing else?
Eryk the Red
I assume they have no stats at all and are primarily symbolic. The benefit of this is your friends can talk to you and give you advice.
Slithery D
I think you're talking about the "Friends in High Places" rule for astral quests on the SM pg. 132 sidebar.
These "spirit companions" function and behave exactly like the initiate's real world allies...

Stat them just like your real teammates, possibly modified by the metaplanar challenge you're on. For example, if facing a medieval challenge the hacker might have thief skills in place of hacking, the sammie sniper might be an expert archer instead, etc.
Demerzel
It sounds like a nice way to include the whole team on an astral quest. Well, they are not really your team, but your team gets to play them in the quest. That way noone is left out while you're trying to find out that the free spirit who's been tormenting your very existance is named Randy.
Prime Mover
Thanks Slith D guess this is the track I was on, like idea of tailoring it to suit quest setting.
Synner
QUOTE (Slithery D @ Nov 1 2006, 03:24 PM)
I think you're talking about the "Friends in High Places" rule for astral quests on the SM pg. 132 sidebar.
These "spirit companions" function and behave exactly like the initiate's real world allies...

Stat them just like your real teammates, possibly modified by the metaplanar challenge you're on. For example, if facing a medieval challenge the hacker might have thief skills in place of hacking, the sammie sniper might be an expert archer instead, etc.

That was our intent. Even though Astral Quests have traditionally been a magician's playground, this time round we wanted to make sure no one was sidelined and everyone could enjoy a jaunt across the metaplanes in some manner. Harlequin's Back is a perfect example of how an Metaplanar Quest with Friends in High Places would work.
Demonseed Elite
Keep in mind that the Friends in High Places rule is for metaplanar quests, not normal astral projection. Since metaplanar forms are based on physical stats, your companions on the metaplanar quest are statted like they usually are in the physical world. You don't need to use the astral form rules at all for stats.

It can be confusing if you use the old terminology of "astral quests." That's why I changed it to metaplanar quests in Street Magic. The quests take place in the metaplanes, not astral space.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Slithery D)

Unless your teammate happens to be Mr. Darke. In that case, his symbolic representation gets to be a shapeshifting Cthuloid tentacle monster in every metaplane. This would probably be true of any character who works for Darke's old employers or who is corrupted to an absurd degree for some other reason.

Mmmm… Tentacles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012