Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown metamagics?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
It's been speculated that GD's and IE's have initiate grades in the high double-digits. That's much higher than the amount of metamagics available to PC's. I was wondering what freaky awesome metamagics they'd know that we wouldn't. Speculation?
Ancient History
Scroll down.
Dawnshadow
Well.. lets say, for the sake of argument, that GD/IE are hermetic-style.

They summon everything under the sun.. there are a few dozen different types of spirit, so 1 per metamagic sounds about right?
Ancient History
'cept they can't summon spirits of man. Funny, that.
fistandantilus4.0
I''ve always wondered if they could summon loa spirits.
Ancient History
Correction: According to Dragons of the Sixth World, dragons cannot summon ancestor spirits of loa spirits, as they are unique to metahumanity.
hyzmarca
They can ritually summon metal elementals from the elemental plane of metal. I don't know if that requires a metamagic or not.
FrankTrollman
Note that some Metamagics were apparently just ways of using normal metamagics. So the Tupilak were Ally Spirits that possessed spirit powers such as Accident and Fear. That doesn't require a special mtamagic anymore, so apparently heir techniques became main streamed.

This is probably true for many magical techniques. Some of the tricks of Dragons are probably just normal magic that hasn't been reseached yet (like the invention of Watcher Spirits).

-Frank
emo samurai
Kind of like Banishing and Dispelling from SR1.
Bodak
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Correction: According to Dragons of the Sixth World, dragons cannot summon ancestor spirits of loa spirits, as they are unique to metahumanity.

I am guessing you mean ancestor spirits *or* loa spirits? Actually, I am hoping you meant that... I really don't want loas' ancestors turning up...
Ancient History
Um, right. Or. Cause no body wants Ghostwalker summoning Baron Samedi's molesting uncle to come possess him. That would be badwrong.
Bodak
Incoming cluster bombs detected...
jervinator
/me fish-slaps Ancient History for bad mental imagery
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012