Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clear up some dragon questions?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
whitezero
hey all just got a couple of questions on the whole Dunkelzahn Ghostwalker issue...
is ghostwalker big d's brother (icewing)? if so where can i read this info myself? also has it been stated for a fact why dunky got blowed up? was he clearing teh way for ghostwalker? and finally who or what is harlequin i know he is mentioned alot of times when refering to dragons...where can i find some hard copy of this info! help me quick before i demand more answers!!!
fistandantilus4.0
First, Ancient History's Ancient Files is a good place to start (saving him from doing his own plugging wink.gif ).

Ghostwalker is Icewing, check some ED books, and Survival of the Fittest, both are reffered to as Dollmaker, his title, and described the same way. For Dunkie's death, read the Dragon Heart Trilogy for more ... 'suspense'.
[ Spoiler ]

For where you can find these things, AH's page has the roots listed of it all. You can try the ED Blood Wood book, the ED Book of Dragons, the Dragon heart Trilogy , the SR novel Burning Bright for GW's return. SR Dragon's of the 6th World for more recent info as well.
knasser

Ancient Files is the best place to spend a little time reading. There's definitely a relationship between Dunklezahn and Ghostwing which I think is hinted at as they're being brothers, but I don't think it's confirmed for definite.

If you've played Earthdawn however, you probably have a pretty good idea that they are brothers.
fistandantilus4.0
Yup, they are, from Allwings clutch.

MountainShadow (ED) = Far Scholar = Dunkelzahn (SR)
IceWing (ED) = Dollmaker = Ghostwalker (SR)
whitezero
thanks guys i surley will do some reading im pretty sure ive got burning bright so im gonna check it out, thats by tom dowd right? about chicago? anyway thanks for the info...shadowrun is so effing rich!
TW
He meant the novel 'The burning time' by Stephen Kenson.
Snow_Fox
Well, Burning Bright is about chicago but it's the start of Bug City so it's not the book he wants.
Jame J
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
Well, Burning Bright is about chicago but it's the start of Bug City so it's not the book he wants.

And it's also out of print, so he'll have a hard time getting it.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (TW)
He meant the novel 'The burning time' by Stephen Kenson.

Thank you, yes, that's the one. I prefer Burning Bright personally. Sadly, Burning Time is the one I own. frown.gif
Companion-to-Owls
The ED dragons book is available for free online in its first edition form

http://www.dragonpaw.org/~ash/earthdawn/dragons.phtml
fistandantilus4.0
missing the Dviglnyon section (sp?) IIRC, but a good book.
PenAgain
Not missing Dvilgaynon-- She was added to the 2nd edition version as a form of "bonus content" and incentive for people who downloaded the first book to buy the new one (and to me she feels that way too- you can tell it was written by LRG staff writers, who do a fine job, but aren't quite the FASA crew). Just like the adventure hooks in the back (which deal with one of the coins of luck or somesuch, made famous for SR fans in Dunk's Will).

The 1st edition version is, for me, superior because it has LEGITMATE reasons for cataloguing Vestrivan (my favorite) and Vasdenjas... who were dead in canon when the 2nd ed version came out... and thus didn't make a lot of sense.

[Aside: Vestrivan lives, thanks to the slower continuity of Redbrick's EarthDawn Classic line. So far they've avoided adding to the post-Prelude to War metaplot, but the time will come... VESTRIVAN SHALL LIVE AGAIN!]

Regardless, the combined reading of either version of Dragons of Earthdawn and Dragons of the Sixth World makes for some mighty fine times.

--PenAgain
Grinder
QUOTE (PenAgain)
[Aside: Vestrivan lives, thanks to the slower continuity of Redbrick's EarthDawn Classic line. So far they've avoided adding to the post-Prelude to War metaplot, but the time will come... VESTRIVAN SHALL LIVE AGAIN!]

It will take some years before RB deals with the metaplot post-PtW, I guess. And it hasn't been stated yet, if they kill Vestrivan in their version of BaW (as LRG did).
PenAgain
Well, from my understanding Vestrivan lived through the original FASA draft of Barsaive at War... so I shall maintain my hope.

As far as killing Vasdenjas- I can live either way. We know at SOME point Mountainshadow/Dunk needs to become Loremaster, but they can take as long as they want, as far as I am concerned smile.gif

Hopefully by 2008 Red Brick will be putting forth their own contribution to the metaplot- or at least books that govern material (not adventures) that isn't 80% reproduction or clarification. I adore their books so far, but the holding pattern can last only so long before something starts moving in a forward direction. *optimism*

--PenAgain
And then there's the matter of RedBrick's 8th world game, Equinox...
Grinder
The plan is to collect all FASA books, put them in a few volumes (like Denizens 1&2 became the Name-giver Compendium), and while doing so check them for erros, mistakes and implausible points (it's a lot to find in the old books) and provide additional material.

After that is done with all books, there will be maybe a new metaplot-book like a campaign dealing with the war.

Equinox, well.... who knows? ED 3rd edition biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012