Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: November releases
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
Isn't Arsenal "scheduled" for this month?
BishopMcQ
I'm going to say no. While Arsenal is scheduled to come out "Real Soon Now" I don't believe it was ever specified as November.
Konsaki
IIRC, I think the German version was posted to be out in November... I could be wrong though.
Butterblume
You are (wrong, that is biggrin.gif). German Arsenal is scheduled for april 2007, according to the newsletter. Emergence should be the next one out.
The ink of the german streetmagic isn't dry yet.
Konsaki
Meh, if I was right all the time, I would be too predictable. It's good to be wrong every now and again. biggrin.gif
Synner
Emergence should indeed be our next release. Like Street Magic, Arsenal is a lot more demanding in terms of playtesting and hammering out details, so Emergence has been bumped up.
Outrunner
Guys, I hate to say this, but man, I hope your editing with Emergence is FAR better than that of your last few products. The copy of Street Magic that my friend picked up at our local store had some of the most horrendous editing errors that I've seen in a professional product in a while.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm one of the line editors for RPGobjects Darwin's world, and if I let the kind of mistakes I've seen in Street magic get into my work, I wouldn't be editing for much longer.

Please do something about getting better editors!
Chandon
Outrunner: There hasn't been a single "Page XX" reference in any of the SR4 books. The editing has been awesome.

As to when the next couple books are coming up, I have conclusive information that I got from people who would know: Febtober 39th.
Smed
I thought the editing of Street Magic looked pretty good by RPG standards. Its certainly much better than the editing on Rigger 3, (worst edited SR book ever) which among other things, had errors that were copied directly from Rigger 2.
blakkie
QUOTE (Outrunner @ Nov 9 2006, 09:23 PM)
The copy of Street Magic that my friend picked up at our local store had some of the most horrendous editing errors that I've seen in a professional product in a while.

Which ones do you find the most offensive? Something that isn't in the errata sticky thread at the top?

Sure I've come across a few mistakes, but personally after the SR4 core book I found Street Magic to have a refreshing clarity and lack of errors. I suppose it is just a relative perspective, and it not being my career to look for them. *shrug*
Jaid
QUOTE (Outrunner)
Guys, I hate to say this, but man, I hope your editing with Emergence is FAR better than that of your last few products. The copy of Street Magic that my friend picked up at our local store had some of the most horrendous editing errors that I've seen in a professional product in a while.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I'm one of the line editors for RPGobjects Darwin's world, and if I let the kind of mistakes I've seen in Street magic get into my work, I wouldn't be editing for much longer.

Please do something about getting better editors!

1) apparently they are huge editing errors that only another editor would notice then, because i don't recall noticing anything that even remotely comes close to what i would call "horrendous".

2) clearly you haven't picked up the right RPG books if you think bad editing is uncommon and would cost you your job... heck, many of them don't even seem to have been run through a spellchecker. certainly some companies do better than others (wizards is usually pretty good... though sometimes i wonder) but as a whole, poor editting seems to almost be the standard.
ChicagosFinest
Yeah because you have a constant demand to produce material. If they didnt the story world would have no consistancy.
Triggerz
I agree with Chandon and Smed. As far as I'm concerned, SM looks and feels pretty professional. The BBB could have used clearer language on a few things, but overall, I haven't seen all that many typos. If the coming books are all as well done as SM is, I'll be quite happy.
Casper
Are you guys at least at preview time yet.
Slithery D
QUOTE (Smed)
I thought the editing of Street Magic looked pretty good by RPG standards. Its certainly much better than the editing on Rigger 3, (worst edited SR book ever) which among other things, had errors that were copied directly from Rigger 2.

I don't have either Rigger book, but I absolutely refuse to believe there could be a more poorly edited SR book than System Failure. Should you provide proof to the contrary, I'll have to gouge my eyes out, so please don't.
SL James
The fact that there was a book released titled Rigger 3 Revised, which was released because of all the errors in Rigger 3 should give you a good idea about how bad that book was.

As for System Failure, the editing is the absolute least of my concerns.
Jaid
QUOTE (Slithery D)
QUOTE (Smed @ Nov 10 2006, 07:51 AM)
I thought the editing of Street Magic looked pretty good by RPG standards. Its certainly much better than the editing on Rigger 3, (worst edited SR book ever) which among other things, had  errors that were copied directly from Rigger 2.

I don't have either Rigger book, but I absolutely refuse to believe there could be a more poorly edited SR book than System Failure. Should you provide proof to the contrary, I'll have to gouge my eyes out, so please don't.

where's that spawn of fashan link when you need it? biggrin.gif

in any event, system failure isn't SR4 material. in fact, since then, we've had the SR4 BBB, the GM screen, On the Run, Street Magic, and Runner Havens. that's 5 products, 4 of which were full length books. if you haven't had any problems since system failure, i'd say they've clearly fixed whatever the problem was. perhaps someone just got violently ill or something like that... who knows. point being, it hasn't struck in SR4 (though the rigger book has yet to come out... hopefully there isn't some horrible curse on all SR rigger books causing horrible things to happen... )
Casper
I hate to go there but there was the problems with the Gm screen.

Got to love that social skill constitution
MYST1C
QUOTE (Slithery D)

You should never look into the German Target: Matrix. I originally registered at FanPro D's forums just to complain about that book!
Strange translations, typos and grammar errors everywhere, abruptly changing fonts and font sizes...
It was later confirmed that FanPro had had too much faith in the translator - the book was sent to the printers straight out of translation/layouting without any editing or proof-reading at all!
Grinder
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
You should never look into the German Target: Matrix. I originally registered at FanPro D's forums just to complain about that book!
Strange translations, typos and grammar errors everywhere, abruptly changing fonts and font sizes...
It was later confirmed that FanPro had had too much faith in the translator - the book was sent to the printers straight out of translation/layouting without any editing or proof-reading at all!

Seems they made the same error with the translated versions of Loose Alliances, SOTA:2064, SoE, SR4 BBB.... sarcastic.gif

The lastest translations ( Street Magic & Runner Havens ) are much better work, though.
stevebugge
And here is Amazon.com spreading misinformation again

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have expressed interest in books by SHADOWRUN have also ordered Augmentation (Shadowrun 4 Edition 26009) (Shadowrun Shadowrun) by Rob Boyle.  For this reason, you might like to know that this book will be released on November 27, 2006.  You can pre-order your copy at a savings of $11.90 by following the link below.

Grinder
Who knows? November, 27th, is still two weeks in the future. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012