Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WW INFILTRATOR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadow
If I am reading this right (and I could not), this gun is undetectable by MAD scanners or any other form of Magnetic detection apperatus? Plus if you use Hi-C bullets it get's even better. It carries about the same amount of ammo as the rest of the heavy pistols and does about the same amount of damage...

any drawbacks?

sidekick
well, first off... the availability and the cost.

Also, with a conceal of 5, it can still be spotted if it's in a holster. Now mind you, if it's under a long coat in a coneal holster, it will be hard to detect.

Also, you'll still only be able to carry maybe a clip at most of HI-C rounds to get by chem sniffer (15 bullets has a -3 to detect by chem sniffers, meaning that only a 7 TN to be detected.. the rules for Chem Sniffers are in the Companion pg 90).

So yes, you'll might be able to sneak in a heavy pistol into a normally secure building... but you'll only have a clip at most, meaning that if the drek hits the fan, you're SOL.
Siege
SOL?

So outta luck?

grinbig.gif

-Siege
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
That's Supah Outta Lemons, in reference to, if life doesn't give you lemons, it means that you just ran outta bullets and those guards are coming up to juice you instead.
Kagetenshi
It has also been attributed to a shortening of the saying "SOLd up the river", which has since come to mean any major misfortune.

~J
thunderchild
Hi-C rounds are cool but in my game... nigh on impossible to get unless you know an armorer who can make them.

You can have reasons for having APDS (yes officer, i know they are military rounds but I go big game hunting and DAMN Those Para-Critters can be hard to drop) but you try explaining Hi-C rounds to an officer (errrrm, yeah, damn those Paracrits and there MAD detectors..... )
Kurb
QUOTE (thunderchild)
You can have reasons for having APDS (yes officer, i know they are military rounds but I go big game hunting and DAMN Those Para-Critters can be hard to drop) but you try explaining Hi-C rounds to an officer (errrrm, yeah, damn those Paracrits and there MAD detectors..... )

Why would you stop to talk to the cops anyway? Especially with that kind of hardware.
thunderchild
QUOTE (Kurb)
QUOTE (thunderchild @ Oct 23 2003, 11:52 PM)

Why would you stop to talk to the cops anyway? Especially with that kind of hardware.

Well you wouldnt exactly pull over and say "officer wanna inspect my highly illegal weapon for highly illegal ammo?"

but what i was getting at is APDS has uses that might actualy be passable as "legal" but Hi-C ammo has only one real use, getting past MAD detectors.
Stonecougar
The trouble with that Infiltrator is you gotta be a goddamn gunsmith to put the damn thing back together, and that takes time.

What do I carry when I'm taking a flight? Two rolls of quarters. Steel toed boots. Sure, I don't have a gun, but likely, neither do they.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012