Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man & Machine book for 4th?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nerhesi
I feel a bit bad for my players who look at the base 4th ed book, as their shadowrun group becomes more and more successful, and unlike street magic, do not have some expanded-equipment sort of book. I'm curious as to the upcoming release of any such product? Maybe? possible? how long?

Also - can I possibly purchase this Man & Machine book (4th edition) and use whatever may be found in there? Is there anything horribly unbalanced about this previous-edition equipment guide or so? Guns/cyberware/bioware or otherwise?

Sam W.
Synner
The SR4 analog to Man and Machine (which is an SR3 rulebook) will be Augmentation, unfortunately, it is still in the development phase though it should follow Emergence (plotbook) and Arsenal (weapons, gear and vehicles core rulebook).

You can try to use Man and Machine and attempt to translate Essence and nuyen costs to SR4 standards, but I should warn you many of the costs (and in many cases the mechanics) have been significantly adjusted in the new edition.
jervinator
Considering the glacial pace of development and publishing, Augmentation and Arsenal are unlikely to come out anytime in the foreseeable future. Not that it's anybody's fault mind you; it's just a sad fact of life. Therefore, transferring the M&M stuff may be your best bet until 2068. :lol:

Seriously though, if you wait long enough there will be an SR4 book for everyone. The magically-active just got their's first. Be patient.
Mistwalker
Is Arsenal still slated for release before X-mas 2006?
RunnerPaul
I heard that one of the books was slated to be out "before Christmas" but curiously enough, a year was never specified. Might have been Arsenal, not sure though.
Demonseed Elite
Nerhesi? The hell? We get Percival refugees here now too? wink.gif
cybertrucker
Wow my group is successful and they are still happy in the core book. You must be giving out HUGE amounts of money for their runs if they are already bored. Gear in my games are a HUGE reward. our only augmented person just got a score on some beta level wired reflexes 1 which he was happy as hell about. Remember also just because you have the money doesnt mean you will be able to find it easily either cool.gif...

I am currently working on a run in wich i will be introducing prototype M.E.C.H.s which stands for Mechanically Enhanced Combat Hardsuits.. powerarmor anyone? Using some custom vehicle rules that I came up with for them.

Finally a way to combat mages since they cant see you through the armor suit as it is considered a vehicle... It will make elemental combat spells which seem completely overlooked 98% of the time by player spellcasters much more essential. Cant wait to see the look of our dwarven mage when his manabolt proves useless against it.

Granted in the run the MECH is a prototype that I have renraku developing in hopes of winning a military contract with the UCAS. It will take a customized Rigging Jack to be able to use. No wireless technology used in its creation to make it unhackable. Not only does the armor augment the users strength and is loaded with sensors and weapons and armor (with vehicle damage track).. it also monitors the wearer's vitals so that if he is wounded in combat the suit automatically responds with medical treatment. it can also pump the wearer full of combat drugs on demand (free action).
Grinder
QUOTE (cybertrucker)
I am currently working on a run in wich i will be introducing prototype M.E.C.H.s which stands for Mechanically Enhanced Combat Hardsuits.. powerarmor anyone? Using some custom vehicle rules that I came up with for them.

Emo Samurai will love you for that. biggrin.gif
Smed
QUOTE (jervinator)

Seriously though, if you wait long enough there will be an SR4 book for everyone. The magically-active just got their's first. Be patient.

DOn't be in too much in a rush to get all those books. Once they're all done Shadowrun 5 can't be too far behind....They have to make money selling something. smile.gif
lorechaser
Nah - once they get out all the crunch, flavor will flow like a river of milk and honey.
Nerhesi
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Nerhesi? The hell? We get Percival refugees here now too? wink.gif

Yes it's me! ;p

Arsenal was what I meant - my apologies. A book with "more weapons" basically.

Thanks guys,

Sam W.
Demonseed - PM MEH!
Nerhesi
QUOTE (cybertrucker)
Wow my group is successful and they are still happy in the core book. You must be giving out HUGE amounts of money for their runs if they are already bored. Gear in my games are a HUGE reward. our only augmented person just got a score on some beta level wired reflexes 1 which he was happy as hell about. Remember also just because you have the money doesnt mean you will be able to find it easily either cool.gif...

Finally a way to combat mages since they cant see you through the armor suit as it is considered a vehicle... It will make elemental combat spells which seem completely overlooked 98% of the time by player spellcasters much more essential. Cant wait to see the look of our dwarven mage when his manabolt proves useless against it.

Granted in the run the MECH is a prototype that I have renraku developing in hopes of winning a military contract with the UCAS. It will take a customized Rigging Jack to be able to use. No wireless technology used in its creation to make it unhackable. Not only does the armor augment the users strength and is loaded with sensors and weapons and armor (with vehicle damage track).. it also monitors the wearer's vitals so that if he is wounded in combat the suit automatically responds with medical treatment. it can also pump the wearer full of combat drugs on demand (free action).

Actually,

They're getting between 5k-20k a month - then they have to subtract lifestyle... Is that a bit crazy?

Not to mention ongoing costs during an adventure - skills that require a bunch of nuyen (disguise) - connections, greasing, etc..

They're not looking for better guns - well no - wait, they are. They are mostly looking for different guns though.

Sam W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012