Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question: Edge & BP's
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Glock-9mm
Just a quick question, When building a new PC does "Edge" get lumped into the intial BP amount allocated to Attributes? (IE: 200 BPs to be used on B,A,R,S,C,I,L,W & E)

Regards
Glock-9mm
Steak and Spirits
Nope. That 200 points is limited, currently, to just the amount spent on the core 8 attributes.
Demerzel
No it is a special attribute.
Glock-9mm
No it is a special attribute.

Cheers.

Whats the max BPs someone can send on "Special Attributes", I am having an issue finding reference to the cost in the core SR4 book.

G-9mm (NZ)
James McMurray
There is no max, other than the racial max for the attribute.
Glock-9mm
Awesome, so just to make sure I am on the right page and don't muppet this all up...

Magic, Edge & Reasonance are the 3 "SA's".
Remaining BPs can be spent on them at "no" cap except that of "Racial Max's".

G-9mm (NZ)
Demerzel
Basically yes. There is hoever an ambiguous rule somewhhere that states you can only max out one attribute, and it isn't clear if that includes the spoecial attributes.

So the question is if you can cap out Edge and Magic and up to one regular attribute, or if you cap only one attribute at all regardless of if it is a special attribute or not.
Fortune
There is no rule that I know about that prohibits doing what you describe, but it would sure cost a lot in BP. smile.gif
Glock-9mm
Basically yes. There is hoever an ambiguous rule somewhhere that states you can only max out one attribute, and it isn't clear if that includes the spoecial attributes.

So the question is if you can cap out Edge and Magic and up to one regular attribute, or if you cap only one attribute at all regardless of if it is a special attribute or not.

"Rock On!"

Cheers for the help. As for the "Max" issue I think I will just apply that to the core 8. If they "really" wanna max the Special ones out they will have the skill set of a brick and the gears of a dead fixer...

Cheers guys/gals.

Glock-9mm (NZ)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012