Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are Franktrollman's origional Ally Rules?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PlatonicPimp
OK, I admit my search Fu must be weak, but I have found many a time when Frank complains about the Ally rules being changed from his initial proposal and some f the problems that causes. As an insatiable house-ruler, I wonder what these origional proposed rules are so I may compare them. However, I cannot seem to find any of them except for the exponential Karma cost increase.

Have you posted them, Frank? If so, where? If not, can you? Will you?

Please?
FrankTrollman
I have no idea whether I can or not. I'll check.

-Frank
Smed
I'd love to see them. From your description of them in another thread, it sounds like they made it easier to get low force allies, and harder to get high force allie spirits, which would be a nice change.
emo samurai
NOOOO!!! Me wants ultra-powered allies!
Jaid
just at a guess... (i seem to recall seeing him describe them as being something along these lines... )

cost for force 1: <number>
cost to increase force <(current force + 1) * number>

that number could be almost anything, but my personal guess is that it's gonna be 5 =P

(oh, and it would be the same whether you are first creating them or improving them, iirc).
Draconis
QUOTE (Smed)
I'd love to see them. From your description of them in another thread, it sounds like they made it easier to get low force allies, and harder to get high force allie spirits, which would be a nice change.

Yep, after 4 the cost becomes possible but prohibitive.
I have enough BP to raise my ally to 3 next game. Hooray for me.
Triggerz
From another thread:
Allies:

I wasn't happy with the price given in Street Magic fr Allies. It's too expensive for entry level and too cheap for world destroying power. This one I went with my original draft:

The first Force Point is free (with the metamagic).
Each additional Force Point costs (Current Force) x 5.

With that cost, the Ally is a flat good deal at Force 1-4, which is where I want most Allies. And it costs a good chunk of change to get it into the 5-6 range (where Allies are really scary), and it's probably impractical to afford a Force of 7-9 where Allies become crazy game definingly powerful.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012