Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, what happened to Dragonslayer?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mallet
Hey all,

I just bought "Runner Havens" the other day and in the Hong Kong section someone mentions that they "miss dragonslayer" like he was dead.

Does anyone know what happened to him? Did he finally end up a tasty, flame broiled snack?
mallet
No one knows?
Ancient History
He choked on a waffle the morning after a drunken tryst with Damon (who was in metahuman form). It was very sad.
FrankTrollman
Thought: if someone stops posting to the Matrix, their Avatar is dead.

Technomancers take that pretty seriously.

-Frank
Ophis
QUOTE (Ancient History)
He choked on a waffle the morning after a drunken tryst with Damon (who was in metahuman form). It was very sad.

You sir are a sick man. Have a cookie.

[ Spoiler ]
Wakshaani
A short bit in Runner Havens has Fatima lamenting Dragonslayer's loss and that she, herself, "Is too old for this crap". Which would seem to indicate that Dragonslayer's dead and that Fatima's taking over, like Matador passed a torch earlier, only less directly.

The question, tho, is this... What happened to Dragonslayer? Did he die of natural causes? Of "Natural causes"? Did something happen during the Crash? Or did he finally decide to pick up a sword and go for it, only to have the Lof step on him?

(And if anyone has news on any other Onscreen Personality, this'd be teh place to ask or post.)
TW
I don't know if there's a backstory to his demise, but I certainly can imagine one or the other dragon seizing the moment and initiating his/her own version of the 'downcycle hunting' in the aftermath of the crash. Especially after the declaration of war on dragonkind in Loose Alliances announced by 'slayer himself. devil.gif
ChicagosFinest
I bet he died by the hands of Hestaby because of it smile.gif . Now I'm going to finish reading that tonight insted of mapping out the CZ on google Earth. biggrin.gif
Athanatos
Lol, maybe he showed up in madagascar, loaded down with explosives and ended up face to face with the biggest Great Feathered Serpent ever imagined... biggrin.gif
Athanatos
Um, he basically picked a bone with what most consider the most powerful native race lol. For some reason I see him choking on the waffle when he sees a rather large dragon/Great dragon, and brilliantly realizes what that probably means.

Oh, I forgot ... BUMP
fistandantilus4.0
Topics Merged. Athanatos, please don't thread bump needlessly.
Athanatos
Um, sorry I thought that bumping a thread is when you add a post after some time. Is this thread over?
MITJA3000+
Completely off-topic, Athanatos, you sure do like to start your posts with um? wink.gif
Whipstitch
QUOTE (Athanatos @ Apr 23 2007, 05:09 AM)
Um, sorry I thought that bumping a thread is when you add a post after some time. Is this thread over?

Bumping a post is making a superfluous response that has no purpose but to knock the thread back up to the front page of a forum. Unless you have a FAQ or other kind of informative post that everybody just loves to bits, it's generally considered bad form on most forums. Even then, it's best to go to a moderator directly and request a sticky. And yeah, the thread was dead for 4 months, so it can be safely said that your post was a bit... necromantic.
fistandantilus4.0
There's no problem with bringing back old thread as long as you have something meaningful to add. My point was more to the effect that you brought up two different threads that were 6+ months old with little to add. ou oculd have done that fine with just one of them. Just something to keep in mind. smile.gif
knasser
I thought that Dragonslayer died on a train in... India? I recall a dragon attacking and I think it was the mad psycho one hiding out in South America. There was definitely someone on the train that the dragon was after.

Somebody help me out here, please?

-K.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (knasser)

What? You mean help shed light of what happened to a guy foolish enough to take on the Dragons? Hell no, I don't want to be dragon fodder. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (knasser @ Apr 23 2007, 12:59 PM)
I thought that Dragonslayer died on a train in... India? I recall a dragon attacking and I think it was the mad psycho one hiding out in South America. There was definitely someone on the train that the dragon was after.

-K.

I think you're talkin about when Sirrug attacked a train. DoSW IIRC. That was way before Dragonslayer died.
knasser
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (knasser @ Apr 23 2007, 12:59 PM)

-K.

I think you're talkin about when Sirrug attacked a train. DoSW IIRC. That was way before Dragonslayer died.

That's probably it. Was Dragonslayer a part of the shadowtalk conversation where the incident was described? That might be why I have his name associated with the incident. I've a feeling this is going to end with me going and digging out my copy of DotSW, again.
Athanatos
Apologies for much of the above, I'm somewhat new to these forums and just started posting. As for the topic of this thread, maybe Kaltenstein took him out? Or Alamaise possibly, he did gloat quite a bit about the orbital laser lol.

Then it generally breaks down to the wide number of Great/dragons that were personally offended.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012