Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spell: Trajectory
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
smilbandit
I don't have my books and I can't remember if there was a spell like this. I was reading this article and thought that there should be a spell, if there isn't.

Laser system to pinpoint snipers fast-tracked

Area effect spell like bullet barrier but instead of stopping the bullet it lets the caster know the direction that the bullet came from. The more successes the more specific the path will be. One success might give the caster that it came from behind them and up.

I haven't made many spells but there's times when my players could have used this.
TinkerGnome
It also seems to do distance to target, which would be cool.

Detect Sniper, very restricted target (the gun that fired a shot), Extended area (force x magic x 10, or 360 meters for a 6/6).

Etc, etc.
BitBasher
Only problem I see with that is a good sniper is WAY beyone the range any detection spell can operate at.
nezumi
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Only problem I see with that is a good sniper is WAY beyone the range any detection spell can operate at.

[QUOTE]

You could make a spell which marks the trajectory within the range of the spell. It wouldn't pinpoint the sniper to which window he was in, but you'd have a nice, long line pointing in the general direction. Alternatively, you could say spells can be programmed to do mathematics. It follows the drop and speed of the bullet at the end of its path and can calculate how far its come from, the caliber of the weapon and get a decent guess on which window the sniper was aiming from.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012