Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More News from the n00b
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadDogMaddux
Well, some of you have been tracking my development (or lack thereof?) as a GM for Shadowrun.

Just recently, Jace and Nikita got together to finish On the Run. Several of you had expressed concern that 1) they would not do well in the final battle, and 2) that the NPC healer mage would steal the show as a GMPC.

Interestingly enough, neither became an issue.

We got together, and when the time came to decide what to do next, they decided to simply return the disk to their Johnson. I used some in-game coercion to try to get them to at least LOOK at it....but even when they were able to break the first level of encryption, it didn't pique their curiosty - they just wanted to return the disk and get their money.

So there ya have it. Very short game night, and I've random-rolled their next run as an Assasination - so I've got to cook up the details there.

Any thoughts on between-run times and how to transition them into the next run?

Other comments? Rotten tomatoes?
Magus
I personally would try and stray away from assassinations. It really hurts the street cred and notoriety stats. Unless your game does not really use those, Shadowrun has typically shown that wetwork is a subject most runners try to avoid. It can really affect what kind of jobs you get. Character assassination is better in my book. That is just my 2 NuYens worth.
ChicagosFinest
Make them up keep their contacts by doing small and large favors for them. It mixes up having to use johnsons and fixers all the time
Cheops
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
Make them up keep their contacts by doing small and large favors for them. It mixes up having to use johnsons and fixers all the time

Especially since Jace's hacker brother has been doing so much for him lately. Maybe there's some white-hot new program that he wants but is in off-matrix storage (i.e. Jace needs to break in and tap the source for his brother).
MadDogMaddux
QUOTE (Cheops)
QUOTE (ChicagosFinest @ Nov 13 2006, 02:46 PM)

Especially since Jace's hacker brother has been doing so much for him lately. Maybe there's some white-hot new program that he wants but is in off-matrix storage (i.e. Jace needs to break in and tap the source for his brother).

ooh, I like that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012