Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which defunct megacorp do you want to come back?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Personally, I would say Fuchi, because I view it as very iconic for Shadowrun. Saeder-Krupp's too in-the-background, and Aztechnology is too idiosyncratic to be the big cyberpunk baddie. A superhuge Japanese multinational was the perfect cyberpunk villain, and now it's gone.
Angelone
Novatech, I always liked how it came about, and it's style. I also have a thing for underdogs. Yamatetsu going under really suprised me.

I know Fuchi went under when did the others? SR4?
emo samurai
CATCo died when Lucien's plane crashed because of an EMP blast.
Kagetenshi
None. Fuchi was awesome, but its death was great as well. The others, well, I don't consider them defunct.

~J
emo samurai
What about Cross?
Kagetenshi
What about Cross?

In case it was vague, I don't consider them defunct because I don't accept the validity of System Crash and the SR4 material.

~J
Angelone
So it's a SR4 thing then? Thought I'd missed Corp war 2.0, I gotta go with Kage on this one.
MYST1C
I don't think Yamatetsu can be classified as "defunct" - they changed their name to Evo but it's still the same corporation.
imperialus
well my current Character really wants to see Cross come back. He's a company man working for what remains of the Seripham so he hopes to ride the recovery to a cushy job after he's done. Personally I'd like to see Fuchi back, but their death was just so cool and cataclysmic I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the tradeoff. Besides we still have Renraku as a the faceless monolithic Japanacorp.
Grinder
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
None. Fuchi was awesome, but its death was great as well.
~J

Agreed. smile.gif

Voted Cross. I liked their whole setup somehow.
emo samurai
You like that they're francophilic? Aren't you supposed to be german? biggrin.gif
Grinder
Ok, that's the one main flaw of Cross. biggrin.gif
Wounded Ronin
For me, the 80s were all about midwestern auto workers being helplessly crushed by monolithic Japanese corporations which had more tasteful executives than their puny Western counterparts.

Therefore, Fuchi is key.
emo samurai
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
For me, the 80s were all about midwestern auto workers being helplessly crushed by monolithic Japanese corporations which had more tasteful executives than their puny Western counterparts.

Therefore, Fuchi is key.

I meant to say what you just said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012