Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your favorite megacorp?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Mine would be S-K; it's the most magically powerful one, and it has Leonardo for computer science R&D.
mfb
Wuxing is more magically powerful, i'd say. as for having Leonardo, i think that his location depends entirely on Lofwyr's pooping habits.
Butterblume
I have to say S-K, mostly for historic significance. After all, some of the corps that were ultimately merged into S-K belonged to the most influental corporations in europe during the 19th to the 21st century. Which makes it totally believable to me why it still is a big fish in the pond.
Angelone
Novatech the little mega that could.
emo samurai
Everyone likes S-K. Hmm...
Grinder
Not in germany, believe me. The german translation of System Failure has some bonus pages that describe the impact of Crash 2.0 at the AGS. Seems that SK is trying to get more control over the whole messed up country and transform it into a single state (much easier to control then). Finally! smile.gif

Voted Ares, I'm old school.
emo samurai
It seems that the megacorps I like best are the ones you people like best. S-K, Evo, Ares...
Grinder
Way too early to come to this conclusion wink.gif
emo samurai
Yeah, you're right... :.(...
PlatonicPimp
I'm a fan of NeoNET/Novatech. Villiers is teh Bomb. I always played him like Xanatos from gargoyles; addicted to overcomplicated schemes and no real morals, but a sense of doing the honorable thing, or at least the most dramatic. The kind of guy who would spend tens of millions to summon some bad ass creatures only to throw them away after 1 run.

After that, It's Ares, because Damien Knight reminds me of Lex Luthor.
Kagetenshi
I just like me some Aztecola…

~J
Elfwitch
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I just like me some Aztecola…

~J

I do too, they are just so bloody minded.
Kagetenshi
And they have good soft drinks, and Stuffer Shacks. What else do you need?

~J
fistandantilus4.0
I'm with Pimp, especailly for the way you summed it up. I've like Evo lately too, but Villiers is the man.
krayola red
Ares. If Ares isn't your favorite megacorp, you're a dirty commie pinko and need to be shot. In the head. With an Ares Predator.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (krayola red)
Ares. If Ares isn't your favorite megacorp, you're a dirty commie pinko and need to be shot. In the head. With an Ares Predator.

Or an Ares Alpha.

Or an Ares Redline.

So many choices, how will you decide?

~J
krayola red
You don't. Studies show that patriotism is directly related to numbers of shots in the head received from an Ares brand firearm, and you can never be too patriotic.
Kagetenshi
Maybe Ares should have been the one with the rogue AI…

~J
Fortune
Ares forever! smile.gif
emo samurai
Hmmm... I don't like them consistently being "good." Oooh, look at me, I killed the insect spirits for free, I'm consistently generous and honorable in my dealings with runners, I have the most overexposed CEO in the sourcebooks. I'm so pretty.
John Campbell
I've gotta go with Aztechnology. They made my first sound card. None of the others have ever done anything for me.
emo samurai
Huh? You sound like a crazyman.
krayola red
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Hmmm... I don't like them consistently being "good." Oooh, look at me, I killed the insect spirits for free, I'm consistently generous and honorable in my dealings with runners, I have the most overexposed CEO in the sourcebooks. I'm so pretty.

I remember something "evil" about Ares in relation with the insect spirits, but I can't for the life of me recall what that is.
emo samurai
Oh yeah, Strain III. It killed off every Awakened critter around Chicago.

They're also using insect shamans to invest their spirits in guard dogs so that they're intelligent and super-powerful. Then again, they're also using controlled spirits to astral gateway into The Hive so they can kill queen and mother spirits for the rest of eternity, so the whole project is morally ambiguous.
krayola red
Ah yes, that must be it. I miss not having my books. frown.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)

That definitely ain't the Ares I know.
emo samurai
The Corporate Download sourcebook rules part specifically says they're pretty much honorable when dealing with runners, and that they pay better than the average rate for runs. And I don't remember them charging the UCAS government for the containment of Chicago.

And admit it, Damien Knight is so fucking overexposed.
Fortune
No more overexposed than Villiers or Lofwyr.

Ares has good PR, but if we are talking about public perception, then Aztechnology would win hands down, as they seem to have the best PR.
emo samurai
It just seems as if all three have well-constructed personas, but the Mitsuhamas are pretty much in the background. Then again, Mitsuhama's kind of devoid of identity compared to the other corps.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 14 2006, 06:02 PM)
It just seems as if all three have well-constructed personas, but the Mitsuhamas are pretty much in the background. Then again, Mitsuhama's kind of devoid of identity compared to the other corps.

Which just might be what Mitsuhama desires. Alienate nobody to maximize profits.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 14 2006, 01:04 AM)
Oooh, look at me, I captured Insect Spirit samples and started a breeding and animal investment program , I'm consistently generous and honorable in my dealings with runners except for that division that hires Shadowrunners to make them die, I have the most overexposed CEO in the sourcebooks. I'm so pretty.

Fixed that for you. You haven't read Corporate Download or Threats 2, have you?

Edit: apparently you have read Corporate Download. Remind me, then, isn't the guy who writes their section the one who can't seem to break 90% in terms of deaths of Shadowrunners he's hired?

~J
Justin Cray
Axon Research, Liandri Mining and The Necris Project.

What? cool.gif
Justin Cray
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 14 2006, 06:22 AM)

Actually he sounds like an old man. And he's right, too!
mfb
QUOTE (emo samurai)
The Corporate Download sourcebook rules part specifically says they're pretty much honorable when dealing with runners, and that they pay better than the average rate for runs. And I don't remember them charging the UCAS government for the containment of Chicago.

of course they didn't. it's great PR, a great chance to test out all kinds of prototypes in field conditions, and it allowed them to capture bugs and perform experiments on them for years before anyone caught on--and most people probably still don't believe it, if they've even heard the rumors.
eidolon
I like Cross Applied.
Yoan
First vote for Shiawase!
Grinder
Go Ares, go! biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Fortune)
Ares has good PR, but if we are talking about public perception, then Aztechnology would win hands down, as they seem to have the best PR.

I love thee fact that Joe Average thinks of them as "the good corp" and only shadowy people know the real truth.
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
I love thee fact that Joe Average thinks of them as "the good corp" and only shadowy people know the real truth.

Yeah, me too. biggrin.gif
John Campbell
QUOTE (emo samurai)

Maybe you understand pictures.

My first sound card was an Aztechnology Sound Galaxy BX-II.
emo samurai
Dude, it says "Japan" on the chip. No way the government would let the Azzies do business on home turf.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, it says "Japan" on the chip. No way the government would let the Azzies do business on home turf.

You are kidding, aren't you?
Grinder
He? Never. biggrin.gif
wargear
I favour Ares, but love the concept of SK.

On the other hand, who can look past the venerable Stuffer Shack?

I think we all remember fondly that first firefight/splatter-fest in the Stuffer Shack...
Ryu
AzTech all the way. BECAUSE they are the underdog in shadow-PR. Working for a non-blood mage faction of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012