Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New PhysAdept power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Straight Razor
OK i like my PhysAdepts, and i'm been looking at there int - reaction powers.
their bag of tricks seems a bit thin here.

sure thay have the all powerfull quick strike: (aka i go first.), but that is expencive at 4 points. Even with it, it will take a little luck to get an initative over 10.

As well thay have the wired reflexes power, but that to is expencive. If your takeing more that the lowest level of the power, you going to design the rest around that one power. not that that is horible, but different is good.

So, what i'm thinking is booster reflexes/int. similar the the boosted att. power.

the only thing is i'm having trouble comeing up with the numbers for the power. I'm thinking you get a pretty good boost to your int and reaction, but the drain is going to be a bit on the nasty side. You could have it a one-coust power where you roll determans it all, or a varible lvl power. I'm not sure which would be better.
Kagetenshi
IMO, they've got it good enough already, and can always get cybered Boosted if they really need the extra oomph.

~J
Straight Razor
cyber a physAdept. blaspheme!
lets see, i added wired reflexes lvl 3 w/ step trigger to my adept.. that leaves .8 ess left. Hmm. i guss there is always initation...

of all there tricks they only have 2 that deal with reaction/inishative
i think something with a little more color would be great.
Fortune
Boosted 1 is only .5 Essence, and that is without it being Alpha. wink.gif

I have seen more Adepts (or Mages for that matter) that have a little augmentation, especially Bioware, than I have those of the 'pure' variety. For 1 point (or better yet 2 points) of Essence/Magic, you can squeeze quite a bit of stuff in if you try ... especially if you mix a bit of both efficiently.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Straight Razor)
lets see, i added wired reflexes lvl 3 w/ step trigger to my adept.. that leaves .8 ess left. Hmm. i guss there is always initation...

of all there tricks they only have 2 that deal with reaction/inishative
i think something with a little more color would be great.

...when Adepts still had to worry about the Magic Loss rule, I basically kept KK at 6-7 and initiated to add bioware. I also never took any modification that required the character take a deadly wound from surgery (a moot point now with SR4). With Synthcardium III & Enhanced Articulation (both cultured), she really rocked in Athletics (which she also had 4 levels of Improved ability in) and received another +1 to her reaction. I considered (and had saved the resources for) Synaptic accelerator, but all neural bio resulted in a deadly wound effect from surgery even if it's bio/essence was at a lower wound threshold.

Instead, she opted for a smartlink, plastic bone lacing, Orthoskin 2 (cultured) and several sensory enhancements (all beta grade) & in the end was a grade 4 initiate with an MA of 7.

Also, since she was primarily a melee fighter back then, she had the advantage of the old Counterattack rule, so she didn't need to burn 3 pts on Improved Reflexes II.
lorechaser
Indeed. There are several pieces of cyber that are cheaper than their adept versions in both SR3 and SR4. If it costs 1 point to get Agility +1, but you can get agility boosts +2 for 1 essence, which will the power player pick?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Straight Razor)

Wired reflexes being the one piece of reflex-enhancing cyberware that Adepts already duplicate…

Sure it's expensive, but it's expensive for the mundanes, too—and for them, they pay cash on top of their precious, precious Essence.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012