Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SSG Lifestyles + "Metabolisim modifiers"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shockwave_IIc
Various items in Man & Machine give a multiplier to lifestyle costs based on addtional food intake (Symbiotes, Suprathyroid Gland, Digestive Expansion). But since the realise a while ago, something that has been bugging me is the fact that the cost of your lifestyle is made up of six things of which only one of them (Comforts) covers the food you eat and even that isn't just the food (Covers water and power as well).

Has anybody body changed the way the lifestyle cost's are manged to represent this?

Was thinking something simaliar to the Buy lifestyle rules on pg 133 SSG.

Ie. Your chosen lifestyle say costs 24 points (10k) comforts being 4 points of it (16.66% or 1660 nuyen.gif ) how about modifiing that number buy whatever your bioware requires? Or how many people already do that?
TheNarrator
My SR3 characters who have Suprathyroid usually also have at least two lifestyles: a Middle that they actually live in and a Low for a safehouse/gear storage. That means they're setting aside the money to buy twice as much food as a normal person (although half of it is cheap food), which I always figured was enough to cover the "extra food" requirement of the bioware.

So yeah, that's how I always handled it.
Ophis
I ran it as requiring an extra rating on the food section above the level you wanted to cover buying in bulk.
Kagetenshi
If I were going to reconcile them, I'd figure out how one would have to modify the cost of Comforts to double the cost of the overall lifestyle at all balanced typical levels (Squatter, Low, Medium, High, Luxury), and then apply that as the modifier.

~J
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Nov 18 2006, 01:39 PM)
If I were going to reconcile them, I'd figure out how one would have to modify the cost of Comforts to double the cost of the overall lifestyle at all balanced typical levels (Squatter, Low, Medium, High, Luxury), and then apply that as the modifier.

~J

?? Doesn't read right to me. You saying, for example that someone on a low lifestyle (1000 nuyen.gif Comforts 2) that you would cause them the pay for Comforts 4 thus upping the lifestyle cost to 2350 nuyen.gif ?

QUOTE (Ophis)
I ran it as requiring an extra rating on the food section above the level you wanted to cover buying in bulk.

Interesting way of doing it, keeps it simple.
Kagetenshi
Nope. In the example above, assuming the original modifier was 2x Lifestyle cost, and a Low „1,000 balanced lifestyle, I'd figure out what I'd have to do to Comforts to make the lifestyle cost „2,000. Then I'd apply the same formula to unbalanced lifestyles.

~J
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Nope. In the example above, assuming the original modifier was 2x Lifestyle cost, and a Low „1,000 balanced lifestyle, I'd figure out what I'd have to do to Comforts to make the lifestyle cost „2,000. Then I'd apply the same formula to unbalanced lifestyles.

~J

Ah i had considered that, but the increase's to Comforts would either put it at 1650 or 2350. Unless you go by half points or something.
Kagetenshi
It'd probably be a modifier to the price of n points of Comforts, not a modifier to the point value.

~J
eidolon
For stuff like that, I pull a number out of thin air, ask if the player thinks it sounds cool, and then that's what it costs.
Ryu
Short answer: No, we donŽt.

Slightly longer answer: The fraction of lifestyle costs paid for food should depend on your lifestyle. IŽd prefer a flat-out payment per month, as 10k per month should pay for any food you might want, while low lifestyle should increase by more than 10% if you eat double.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012