Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boy's night out
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
emo samurai
The rules are this:
[ Spoiler ]

The title of the thread's the only hint I'm giving out.

Fortune, here's looking at you.
Digital Heroin
You. Are. Evil!

Now I need to come up with two for you, and two for other games I'm seeing... and on top of that NPCs for my own game... was tempted to submit something out there for this, but the concept's being reserved for NPC status until at least the first run in my soon to be started campaign is up...
Fortune
LOL

... Hmmmm ... here Concept, c'mon Concept ...
Digital Heroin
Thinking something magic... though the title possibly hints that my Roman Catholic priest/mage with the grenade launcher he call's "His Wrath" might not be fitting...
Gremish
I'm in, i'll cook up something tommorow =)
emo samurai
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
Thinking something magic... though the title possibly hints that my Roman Catholic priest/mage with the grenade launcher he call's "His Wrath" might not be fitting...

As long as he'll extract for food, this dude is just fine.
Fortune
More hints! nyahnyah.gif
emo samurai
Yep.

And another thing, for people wanting to play TM's. You can buy pre-crash cyberware at chargen and get no resonance reduction for it. The caveat is that pre-crash cyberware costs twice as much money.
Digital Heroin
Great, make a TM even more tempting...
emo samurai
Yep.
Digital Heroin
Alright, will need to work on the concept, likely a TM, later tonight or when I'm stuck back on the ship... got the guy for your other recruitment cooked up, just need a wee bit of fine tuning, to spend the rest of his measly 5k, and write up a shiny new background...
Fortune
No, I mean I want more hints! nyahnyah.gif

Working up a spellslinger at the moment. wink.gif
emo samurai
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 18 2006, 04:42 PM)
No, I mean I want more hints! nyahnyah.gif

Okay, a summary: A meeting of old friends * A confluence of great forces * Resolution nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
Cool ... that's enough. smile.gif

Almost ready ... just making a few last-minute tweaks to get the most out of him. wink.gif
Digital Heroin
Ok, with the spellslinger in hand I'll definitly be making a TM of sorts, concept's in my head, concept's breaking my brain...
Fortune
Pretty much done ... but I'm feeling dirty. biggrin.gif

I'd advise people to take note of the GM involved, and use the guidelines to the best of your abilities. Bring out your inner munchkin. wink.gif
Fortune
Sent! Now I need a shower. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Raiko
I'd like to join in if there's still room (I'll play any game Fortune's in). I've been playing a lot of Call of Cthulhu recently, so I'm probably used to worse things than even Emo can dream up. grinbig.gif

I fancy playing a Sami/Face hybrid (I'm the opposite of Fortune, so I can buy gadgets for both of us cool.gif).

I've got one question though, does the game exclude female characters? Just wondering because of the title.

I'm really, really busy at weekends, but I can sort my character Monday-Tuesday.
emo samurai
Dude, I'm going to have to nerf Incompetence. The max is 15 BP in incompetence.
Raiko
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, I'm going to have to nerf Incompetence. The max is 15 BP in incompetence.

eek.gif Fortune's too munchkin for Emo!
emo samurai
360 BP in negative qualities, most of them from Incompetence ALONE.
Raiko
OMFG!

He really needed that shower. rotfl.gif
emo samurai
Oh, and here are my rules for aspected magicians:

10 BP.

Free initiation grade at chargen.

Can't use summoning, or can't use spellcasting. Choose one.
Raiko
What about female characters?

I've got two concepts one male, one female.
emo samurai
No problem with female characters at all.
Raiko
Thanks, I get my character done by Tuesday
Zak
just coming back from some exhausting gm'ing and work tomorrow, so if it isnt too late expect more from me on tuesday. sent some short details via pm.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 20 2006, 03:31 AM)
360 BP in negative qualities ...

But I had 90 points in positive Qualities. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Raiko)
Fortune's too munchkin for Emo!

Yeah, I'm surprised. I just figured I was getting into the spirit of the game.

Now my problem is that the character is almost impossible to un-tweak (took me quite a while nyahnyah.gif) ... Hmmmm ...
Jaid
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Raiko @ Nov 20 2006, 03:27 AM)
Fortune's too munchkin for Emo!

Yeah, I'm surprised. I just figured I was getting into the spirit of the game.

Now my problem is that the character is almost impossible to un-tweak (took me quite a while nyahnyah.gif) ... Hmmmm ...

infirm, uncouth, uneducated, etc...

and skillwires?
Fortune
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 20 2006, 08:53 AM)
infirm, uncouth, uneducated, etc...

and skillwires?

Not a single one of the above. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif

That's the thing ... I could have made the character much worse. I tried to stay within the boundaries that would keep him as actually viable for play. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Oh, and here are my rules for aspected magicians:

10 BP.

Free initiation grade at chargen.

Can't use summoning, or can't use spellcasting. Choose one.

Astral Perception? Projection?
emo samurai
Perception, no projection.
Fortune
Resent with only three measly Incompetencies. Looks kinda bland after the first draft. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Fortune
Of course ... I forgot something! biggrin.gif

I didn't add in that level of Initiation. Does this include a point of Magic as well as a Metamagic technique in your game?
emo samurai
Yes, it does. Forgot to add that. I'll edit it.
Jaid
well, fortune, you could always make the character allergic and addicted to everything instead nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Yes, it does. Forgot to add that. I'll edit it.

Bonus! I'll send you an updated sheet in a while. That might change certain things depending on the specific Metamagic involved.

I also have to juggle a couple of Skills and Contacts, because I had forgotten I knocked a couple of points of Charisma. embarrassed.gif

He actually looks better than I thought he would after the 'de-raping' ... nothing like he would look if I had built him from scratch with another method, but interesting all the same. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Jaid)
well, fortune, you could always make the character allergic and addicted to everything instead

Nah ... I only took one of each. wink.gif
Fortune
Rechecking the thread and I realised that I failed to comment on something I noticed that is of major importance ...

QUOTE (Raiko)
I'll play any game Fortune's in

Awwww ... that's sweet. Looking forward to it. smile.gif
Gremish
Home work swamping me tonight, ill have a character concept and copy for ya by tuesday night!
emo samurai
Cool. The game starts on Thanksgiving, by the way. If this is a problem, I can move the game.
Fortune
QUOTE (emo samurai)
... I can move the game.

Cool. Can we play in Guyana?
emo samurai
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 21 2006, 03:40 AM)
... I can move the game.

Cool. Can we play in Guyana?

*Blank stare of disapproval*
Gremish
Sending char idea and sheet now
Raiko
Sorry I've been dealing with a "serious breakdown" of my car. frown.gif

I'd still like to play, I'll try to get my character to you tomorrow, but start without me if you like.
Fortune
There's been no mention of things moving forward ... and indeed very little feedback about the characters that have already been submitted, so I think it's safe to say that you have a day or two's grace period. wink.gif

Oh, and emo ... I've done a little bit of tweaking ... again, so expect another character sheet before the game actually starts. biggrin.gif
Raiko
I like your new sig.
Fortune
Yeah well ... I figure it's the most meaningful thing that's been said about me in quite some time, so ... biggrin.gif
emo samurai
Okay, can everyone post who sent their character sheets so I know who's playing in which game?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012