Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to the Blood Mage Gestalt?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I remember from Corporate Download that most of the blood mages were purged. Does that mean that the Blood Mage Gestalt is gone?
Ancient History
Well, about half of them appear to have seen the light...and been reduced to crispy burnt bits with a lovely flavor not unlike smoked ham crossed with charcoal. However, that still leaves about ten. Of course, given politics and the high turnover rate of their particular specialty, they might all be dead now. Or not.

I would say that SoLA has more info, but some people are starting to disbelieve it ever existed, so I'm told, so I'm told.
Dog
Did corp download come out before YOTC? The latter has a couple of articles about a cult called "Bridging the Void" that sounds a helluva lot like BMG.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Dog)
Did corp download come out before YOTC? The latter has a couple of articles about a cult called "Bridging the Void" that sounds a helluva lot like BMG.

No Corp Download came out well before YotC, one of the first to come out of the SR3 series i think.
Mortax
I think a lot of them were killed back durring the dragon heart trilogy when Darke supposedly bought it. After thet failed attempt, I think I remember reading somewhere that the bloodmages had fallen from power, but as with everything in the shadows it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Just curiose, or thinking of a run involving them?
FrankTrollman
Blood Mage Gestalt Conspiracy: Now that Dunkelzahn is dead, the Blood Mage Gestalt no longer gets funding from Aztechnology.

Dragonheart/Harlequin Spoilers:
[ Spoiler ]

-Frank
SL James
Bwah...

I knew Dunk was evil, but ... Dude. Wow. Can I buy some pot off you?
emo samurai
He's not really evil; that was the only real way to persist on the other side of the Bridge and destroy mana spikes across the world with the Dragonheart.

And yes, I'm thinking of using the Blood Mage Gestalt.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
He's not really evil

I have a bridge to sell you.

~J
FrankTrollman
While Dunkelzahn's plans scan from the standpoint of having reasonably pure "save the world" motivations, they scan a little bit better as being the same motivations as Yui Ikari.

" Even after 5 billion years, when the Earth, the Moon, and even the Sun have disappeared, it will still exist as long as even one person still lives. It will be very lonely, but as long as that one person still lives...
It will be the eternal proof that dragonkind has existed...
"
Mortax
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Nov 21 2006, 01:47 PM)
He's not really evil

I have a bridge to sell you.

~J

<thud> rotfl.gif

Thank you, I needed that. smile.gif

I'm not sure if I buy dragons, even Big D being able to see into the future in quite that manner. But it does make a weird kinda sense.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012