Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: History of Lonestar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lividicus
Could someone please remind me where the background history of Lonestar is. Other than the Lonestar Supplement.
Lividicus
I guess i am looking specifically for the founding of it. I was under the impression they originally were Texas Rangers. T/F
Backgammon
2016 - In Texas, U.S.A., Billionaire Clayton Wilson moves to Austin in search of new opportunities. Seeing the need for increased security in the U.S., he targets takeovers against two Austin based companies, Bartholomew Security, Inc., and Absolute Software, Inc.. He fires the management of both companies and merges them into Lone Star Security. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

2017 - In Texas, U.S.A., on July 22, Clayton Wilson officially incorporates Lone Star Security in Austin. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

2017 - In the U.S.A., due to the increased nationwide chaos, Lone Star Security enjoys major growth and financial success. During the next three years Wilson hires huge amounts of personnel and opens branches in Lubbock San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, and Texarkana. (Lone Star Sourcebook)

from the timeline explorer
dog_xinu
and they grow very large as a corporate security company before 2040 (SR1), taking on the "police department" roles in several cities. And the number of cities grows as time goes on.

dog
lorechaser
Huh. I didn't realize they started in Austin. I'll have to keep my eyes open in 10 years or so....

Wakshaani
They were a rich fake cowboy's *dream* of Texas Rangers, but aren't the real thing.

lorechaser
Indeed.

There's not a single reference to Chuck Norris among the timeline.

Slithery D
They started in Austin with private security, but their first city police contract was in Corpus Christi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012