Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: critters/pets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
scapegoat
so i got a player who wants to start out with a pet but sadly the book doesn't have anyway of doing this. we came up that i probably be bp points to purchase it. then we got the idea on being able to up its stats with more bp points. now our questions are first is this a good idea? any ideas on how many bp it would cost? would the player be able to up its stats?(suggestiong that there would be a cap on stats like metahumans have)also how much would it cost to up a stats? and lastly how could we could incorporate raising stats and such later in the game?
damn i am practically asking you guys to help, more like make, a new concept... so any suggestions?
Fortune
Exactly what variety of 'pet' are we talking about?
fistandantilus4.0
Are we talking a German Shephard guard dog here, where you can jsut buy a good one, or a hell hound that the adpet watns to attune here?Details Si vous plais.
kzt
Yes.
Pet=German Shepherd, and pet=Barghest, and Pet=Talis Cat/Thunderbird are not at all the same issue.
scapegoat
talking about non-awaking animals. also what he wants to get is a wolf
Lord Ben
Just let him have it. Make sure his lifestyle can afford the housing and care of exotic animals.

If he uses it in combat as a trained attack wolf just make sure not to give it edge. It'll die soon enough if he abuses it.
kzt
Yeah, that seems more like color than anything. I'd actually allow the Barghest with a good story, not way in hell the talis cat or thunderbird for a starting character.
Jack Kain
My elf street samurai has a phobia to hell hounds. The group (including the GM) won't find out until the hellhound shows up. Unfortantly for the hellhound the fear quickly turns to going full auto with my machine pistol... after loading the EXEX.
kzt
QUOTE (Jack Kain)
My elf street samurai has a phobia to hell hounds. The group (including the GM) won't find out until the hellhound shows up. Unfortantly for the hellhound the fear quickly turns to going full auto with my machine pistol... after loading the EXEX.

People who shoot pets belonging to heavily armed people who are present tend to be cured of their phobias.
Jack Kain
We are talking about hell hounds, not a usual pet.
Crusher Bob
If the pet is likely to be just flavor, then charge them a bit of money for it and make sure their lifestyle can cover it. If it is a highly trained attack dog that goes on mission with them, make then pay for it as a contact.

So, the basset hound by lone cyber killer has at home might just cost be ~250Y and require a middle lifestyle.

The wolf that goes around with my shaman all the time might be a p1/l4 contact.
ixombie
You shouldn't be able to up a pet's stats with BP. While IRL you can have a tough wolf and a weak wolf of the same breed, the differences between the two should not even make the difference of one attribute point, IMO. A wolf is a wolf... Now, if you want to cyber it, that would make a difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012