Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Websites
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DV8
I'd like to propose a to keep a collection of links and descriptions of various shadowrun websites. This would also be a good place to pimp your own website to the rest of the posters and recommend pages.

Taken from my links section:

Official Shadowrun Website
After the Shadowrun Product Line was taken over from FASA by Wizkids, LLC they made sure that Shadowrun would get a better official representation on the Internet. They got the International Gaming Playboy Adam Jury, of Dumpshock infamy, to design and maintain the website.

BadKarma
Relatively unknown to me, but it has the potential to be a very comprehensive and very detailed Shadowrun page with information both Players and GMs.

Blackjack's Shadowrun Page
Blackjack is one of the most well-respected individuals amongst the Shadowrun Online Community. Without being attached to any group of people he has brought forth a lot of information for Players and GM's alike. After a hiatus of about 2 years, he's back and has updated his page again. Everyone thought he was dead...funny that.

Bull's Place on the Web
This must be the place on the web that has the most clashing, ugly colours ever seen on a Shadowrun page. Not only does it have handy tips and articles about roleplaying in general, it also sports an equal amount of good articles for Shadowrun. For instance "Target: Cleveland".

Dumpshock.com
This is the first stop you make on the Internet when looking for Shadowrun material as it functions as a portal to many shadowrun resource sites, as well because of the fact that they provide you with the Dumpshock Forums [DSF], formerly known as Deep Resonance Forums [DRF], which is the biggest gathering of questions and answers regarding Shadowrun on the Internet. They were being regarded as the Almost Official Shadowrun homepage by most, before Shadowurn was picked up from FASA by Wizkids, LLC.

Dumpshock Timeline Explorer
This is a brilliant page I just bumped into, which gives you the possibility to peruse the timeline of the shadowrun universe. It has hundreds of entries, taken from sourcebooks, novels, adventures and magazines. This is an absolutely must-see for any Shadowrun GM.

ShadowFAQ
This is a webpage mainted for big changes and or answering those prevalent questions about Shadowrun. Currently there's of course the big news of Wizkids, llc's takeover of the Shadowrun product line and the closing of FASA Corporation. But there is also loads of information about where to find info on Shadowrun, music suggestions, Earthdawn/Shadowrun information and seperate first edition, second edition and third edition frequently asked question files. Enjoy.

Herkimer's Lair
Dvixen's little party place where she keeps all of the errata for Shadowrun books that have been published, plus all the FAQ's for the several mailing lists being hosted by Dumpshock. Also, there's a good link page, her own personal rant section, and a section on GenCon's past and present.

Plastic Warriors
Plastic Warriors is a collection of so-called net.sourcebooks, all free for download, which is maintained by Gurth. It has a wide selection of free net.sourcebooks and software and one of the biggest things they publish for shadowrun is the Neo-Anarchist's Guide to Everything Else, a comprehensive collection selection of articles on shadowrun related issues.

Shadowland 6
One of the most intricate and innovative shadowrun website around. This website has been built using a lot of java-applets and some serious innovation to bring to you a comprehensive, multi-user system where people can create pages on the fly and post, as a user, the content that they think is useful for shadowrun as a game. I suggest you at least check out their website, if only for the niftiness with which it operates.

Shadowrun Image Archive
I love this website. I love everything about it. It's content - meticulously and perfectly scanned covers of shadowrun books - is of a very high quality, and site design is superb. This is a recommendation to anyone who is looking for some prime Shadowrun images and artwork. Hell, most of the artwork you'll find on my own website has been stol*...errr, borrowed from Stefan.

Shadowrun Webring
This is the home of the Shadowrun Webring, maintained by Lady Jestyr. At the time of typing the webring is laying dormant and are not accepting any more members as they are porting their systems over from Yahoo to a Dumpshock.com hosted system.

Shadowrun Archive
The Shadowrun Archive is literally just that; an archive to which you can upload and link things of your own design. It's maintained by Paolo Marcucci and Adam Jury, who also host a couple of columns on the Shadowrun Archive. There is a lot to see here, and a lot of interactive, dynamic things as well. Also, it sports one of the funniest Shadowrun Columns: The C.L.U.E. files.

The Shadowrun Supplemental
The Shadowrun Supplemental is a net.book compiled by Adam Jury which contains a lot of articles by a lot of different writers. Everything raning from Highlander conversion rules, to characters, to GM hints as well as location descriptions. It's a periodical, and it's been nominated for many industry awards so far. Definitely a must read.

The Helix
This is the home of the EuroSB [short for the European Sourcebook] which is being developed by Mikael Brodu [aka Otaku Mike] and Stephan Meijerhof [aka SM], both regulars on the Dumpshock Forums. They used the network of the DSF in order to find the people willing to help work on the EuroSB and make it reality. Next to that they also have some other stuff up relating to Shadowrun, like the tremendously entertaining interviews with some of the freelancers and writers of the Shadowrun line.

Further additions

English
Official SR Duels Website
Wizkids own SR Duels website. Good stuff, but not much good for the RPG directly, though.

Interim Shadowrun Character Generator by McMackie
Motherfucking-w00t, j0!

Winterhawk's Virtual Magespace
Solid writing. Not much use for your own campaign, but a must read, at least once.

Raygun's Shadowrun and Firearms Website
'nuff said.

German:
Shadowrun - die offiziele deutsche Shadowrun Site
The official german Shadowrun site. A shitload of stuff here. Fun and interesting if you can speak and read German. Otherwise it's just a collection of funny words and some art.

Techno Shamans
Again, a ridiculously goodlooking Shadowrun website, with heaps and heaps of content, but it's in German, and so I don't understand shit. It looks really interesting. Come on people, if the Germans can do it, so can the rest of the world, right!?

Runner's Place
Again. German. Not much of the Sense. But a lot of the Good Looks.

Silent Running
Ditto.

Shatten News
Ridiculous amounts of content. Much the Germanoid language, though.

Credstick
Ditto.

Soykaf
Ditto.

Runners, Inc.
This website makes me want to cry. It's so good, but so German.

Tunnelwelt
More of the crying. More of the hatred and self-loathing. Ergo; more of the German websites that rock Eggs on Toast.
Ancient History
Pistons
Suddenly forgot how to pimp your site, AH? smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Why do I get a mental image of AH as the Indian from that old anti-pollution commercial. One tear slowly sliding down his face.

If it's any consolation, DV8 did fail to put his own site on the list (except as a passing mention).
Fortune
Of course, both AH and Deev do have their own sites listed in their respective sigs. wink.gif
winterhawk11
Winternight's Virtual Magespace
Solid writing. Not much use for your own campaign, but a must read, at least once.

I appreciate the plug, DV8--just one little correction. It's "Winterhawk," not "Winternight." I am not an evil secret organization bent on world destruction.

...at least, I don't think I am... biggrin.gif
Shadowrunner13
Alright, I'll bite:

Welcome to the Shadows

It hasn't seen an update in a while (I'm trying...), but it's there nonetheless. Still a bunch of run ideas there and some of my works of fan fiction.

SR13
DV8
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
Winternight's Virtual Magespace

I appreciate the plug, DV8--just one little correction. It's "Winterhawk," not "Winternight." I am not an evil secret organization bent on world destruction.

Shit, I knew that! Force of habit, I suppose.

...at least, I don't think I am...  biggrin.gif

Well, step one in convincing others, is convincing yourself! wink.gif
SgtSavage
I've always been really fond of this one, although there's never any updates (maybe I could convince him to put it up for adoption).

Scandinavia in Shadowrun

I used to go here a lot, but this place seems deader than dead.

Big Knobi Klub

Question for ya, DV8...you said

After a hiatus of about 2 years, he's back and has updated his page again.

In relation to Blackjack's site. Back? It says Last Updated On July 18th, 2001...
DV8
Hmmm, that's odd. A couple of months ago there were some updates if I remember correctly. There was a big stink about it on the old forums.
Sphynx
What?!?

Hast thou forgotten the most important page of them all?!?

Sphynx's Shadowrun Calculators (Plus house Rules, and local team of Characters)

Ok, so maybe not THE most important.....

Ok, ok.... so not even on the top ten of most important....

Frag it all, just add it to the list and make an old man smile. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
Mr. Man
One of my favorites (particularly for the character sheets): Wordman's Shadowrun Page

Whatever happened to that guy, anyway? Seems I remember him posting here sometimes a few board softwares ago...
ThatPaolo
The correct URL for the Timeline Explorer is http://timeline.dumpshock.com. While the one you have works now, it's not guaranteed in the future smile.gif
Pistons
Is cortana going bye-bye?
Phylos Fett
My website is in my sig...
grendel
lorg
@DV8

Love you to man! See I don't need to pimp my site. You do it for me, all the time and everywhere :)

SgtSavage wrote
I've always been really fond of this one, although there's never any updates (maybe I could convince him to put it up for adoption).

Scandinavia in Shadowrun

I used to go here a lot, but this place seems deader than dead.

Not to mention how out of place it will be when Shadows of Europe comes around.

I read the four chapters of the novell he wrote, think it was pretty ok even thou it is highly annoying that he puts in swedish phrases here and there.
Fortune
Kanada Ten is my pimp! biggrin.gif

I really need to update my site! frown.gif
Synner
Scandinavia in Shadowrun
Not to mention how out of place it will be when Shadows of Europe comes around.

The author was actually invited to join in the EuroSB project when it originally kicked off but he turned the offer down since his Scandinavia did not match some of the canon information and he wasn't willing to compromise his vision. Pity because I liked quite a few of his ideas.
DV8
I like the suggestions so far. (Some more than others, of course.) Anyone else got some website suggestions?
ThatPaolo
QUOTE (Pistons)
Is cortana going bye-bye?

No, just the publically visible name.
Sepherim
Well, since the list includes english and german sites, I thought I might add a couple more, on different languajes:

Spanish:

The Spanish Shadowrun Ring, which includes most of the Spanish websites. La Fortaleza de las Sombras, the page which hosts the ring, is quite nice itself.

The Nodo 666 is my web, and is included in the webring, but is probably the biggest of them all.

Sombras de Seattle is as big as mine, more or less, and has quite some interesting material. In fact, it's from where I took the skeleton for building mine. wink.gif

Portuguese:

I only know Drago's Page, but my link isn't working any more. It might have been taken off the web, or maybe not. Maybe a search through some searchers can find it. question.gif

Edit: added Sombras de Seattle's link.
Jak
here're a couple more:

http://www.jakkoke.com/ <-- contains both personal and professional information about me and my Shadowrun novels.

http://liferock.jakkoke.com/ <-- read my Earthdawn novel, Liferock, for free.
Backgammon
Twilightrun: the pimp daddy of websites for shadowrun background info

The very useful Knack adept power by Steve Kenson
Pistons
I suppose I could add mine: Dystopian Visions.

OT: I like your title, Backgammon.
The Question Man
Hello Chummers , some other good rescources can add flavor to anyone game . Here's a few of my favourites ( check out their links too ) nyahnyah.gif

cool.gif Conrol's Central Information Clearing House @ http://www.spycraft.xganon.com/

cyber.gif Appleseed D6 @ http://appleseedd6.tripod.com/

nuyen.gif Surbrook's Stuff @ http://www.devermore.net/surbrook/index/

These are just a few of my favorites smile.gif
Backgammon
Why thank ya, Pistons. I like yours too grinbig.gif
Orgone Accumulator
While we're on the subject of links, does anyone know of a reputable on-line RPG dealer? My gaming store is severely lacking in sourcebooks.
winterhawk11
Stiggybaby is good.
DV8
QUOTE (Pistons)
I suppose I could add mine: Dystopian Visions.

I like the character records. I guess it pays if you know some DTP stuff, huh? Good stuff, E. smile.gif
Reaver
Well, I might as well add mine. smile.gif

Tarislar Database

A.I.M. Catalog
Pistons
Thank you kindly, Deev. smile.gif
DV8
Oh, come on, there must be more suggestions than this?
Black Isis
QUOTE (Orgone Accumulator)
While we're on the subject of links, does anyone know of a reputable on-line RPG dealer? My gaming store is severely lacking in sourcebooks.

I use Lon's Lair in Naperville myself, because the store here....well, it frankly sucks and the people that run it are not good businessmen or good roleplaying people. Lon's always been great for me, so I endorse him wholeheartedly.
Rajaat99
Shadowland Seattle. This is my personal webpage for my game, although it has other useful stuff also.
Don't forget The Shadowrun Supplemental.
DV8
The Shadowrun Writers' Forum? Not the actual shadowrun freelance and staff writers, though I'm sure some of them are members, but rather people who write Shadowrun fan-fiction.
DV8
Dreamchipper - Another awesome German Shadowrun website. Check it out, even if you don't speak German.
Reverendo
Spanish links:

Las sombras de Seattle
Thats my webpage, home of the spanish SR mailing list, and keeper of the unofficial spanish translation of the FAQs (waiting to be official biggrin.gif ) no beautiful gifs, not a beautiful page, there arent intricate java codes or php...it only offers information about shadowrun

Anillo de Sombras
Thats the home of the spanish SR webpages ring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012