Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoky Mountains
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hocus Pocus
I'm just curious about their story in the world of shadowrun. Went to visit some people living around there for thanksgiving and found the view breath taking. Went to clingman's dome (highest point) and found it a native american retreat for healing, resting, etc. That night i had one of the most vivid and thought provoking dreams i ever had about a very important aspect of my life. Even today, days later, I still recall that dream with the same emotions i felt while having it that night....it was surreal...

I'm sure it has to have a major contribution to the world of shadowrun.
Fortune
The only things I can recall being mentioned about Tennessee concern the succession, a giant snake in Nashville, and something about a missing CIA agent running away, also in Nashville.

The only mention I can think of concerning North Carolina is about the succession (the same entry as Tennessee).

Nothing about the Smoky Mountains ... but then again I might have missed something.
mfb
nothing official that i recall. unofficially, there's lots to work with. first one that pops to mind is the brown mountain lights.
Smed
Clingman's Dome isn't the highest point loacally, Mt Mitchell is, but I agree, Clingman's Dome does have a spectacular view.

Thanks for the link on the Brown Mountain Lights. I live in Western NC and I never heard of them.

Sicarius
I live in NE GA, and they really do have an interesting history in the area. But its rural, and most of SR ignores the rural parts in their settings. (even in SONA the NAN sections focus largely on the large cities ruled by the different tribal nations.)
Straight Razor
i did not know SR referenced the Uktena(great snake) where is that sited.

I my self am GWY (cherokee)... might be a good exercise to write some fiction, based on the old tales.

if you want some good info on the airea and it's legends read James Mooney's History, Myths, and Sacred Formulas of the Cherokees

here are some quick facts http://www.sacred-texts.com/nam/cher/motc/motc050.htm
Fortune
QUOTE (Straight Razor)
i did not know SR referenced the Uktena(great snake) where is that sited.

Paradise Lost

QUOTE (Timeline Explorer)
2055 - In Nashville, Tennessee, CAS, a 200 foot snake not belonging to any known animal species is discovered and then killed.
Straight Razor
is there any further fiction on this event? If they killed an uktena, what became of the Ulun'suti? There has to be a good storey there...
Fortune
Not that I know of, but I don't have the books in front of me at the moment.
Snow_Fox
In short HP there's nothing official but certainly if it's as movine a place as you paint it could be a real draw for shamantic types, after all no NAN types there.
Hocus Pocus
oh indeed it is. I recomend seeing it to everyone. somewhat like pike's peak but more....rural? is how i would explain it. Truly a serene place and i believe was the source of my dream on account, among other things, of the same feeling i had on the mountain when i dreamt
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus)
somewhat like pike's peak but more....rural?

and shorter. biggrin.gif
Hocus Pocus
*yuck,hyuck*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012