Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Working Days
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
BishopMcQ
Working Days (7 people):
Buddha72—Forthcoming Name?? (Mystic Adept?)
ES_Sparky—Fade (Bruiser)
Konsaki—Zak Anderson (Bounty Hunter)
Krayola Red—Jack Nightingale (Dead People)
Mister Juan—Ludmilla Soren (Merc)
Penta—John Penta (Face/Bodyguard)
Vegas—A'Ja Rose (Face)

Alright folks--Time to decide amongst yourselves what kind of group you are. The general consensus was for a team-oriented mission, that is quasi-legit. Many of you are SINners, so once you have come to a decision about whether you are a pre-established team or not, I will start filling in more info for you about the job.
Penta
I'll sit back and let things develop for now. If I see something, I'll jump in, but I want to see what everyone else is thinking first.
HeySparky
I vote for a pre-established team more or less. Meaning, most of us are a crew, but anyone that prefers to be new can be.

Fade is way more comfortable in a group that has a good rapport, one that works and practices together and plays together - her UBL background. That doesn't mean that the group is a perfectly oiled machine or gets along beautifully, just that it's predictable. smile.gif She's dirt poor (for the forseeable future) and would probably want to share rent with someone on the team, so maybe some of us live together?

Maybe we're all a group of friends that get pulled into a job together bailing out one or more of the others?
krayola red
Ditto Sparky's vote, but that's only based on OOC preferences on my part. Jack, though everyone with a decently close relationship to him would know his true name as Juan, isn't exactly a team player, and would need a pretty good reason to work consistently with a group, especially one that's semi-legit. One potential reason could be previous history with someone else on the team, so if anyone is up for developing a shared backstory, shoot me a PM or something. smile.gif
Penta
By background, Pent is newish to the whole shadowrunning thing, so.
HeySparky
Well, as quasi-legit, we're not really shadowrunners... yet. :/

Fade will have been on one bonafide shadowrun job that netted her some contacts and some cred, but soured her on the whole notion of it. Illegality is a big downer. She'd like to stay on the up-and-up if possible.
Vegas
well...

Not all of us are quasi-legit. I mean the way I have A'ja set up, she is a runner, but in some ways she's trying to pull herself out of the game.

I'd be happy to be the "link" for peope since she's a fixer/face type who knows people/places if that works. I do kinda like the idea that we've worked together before, at least a couple of times or something so there is a rapport and we know we can work together. Or if there are connections outside of the general "we've worked together before" route, if people know one another outside of "work" and have interaction/relationships/etc. that'd be pretty cool too.
Mister Juan
If left Ludmila's last 2-3 years or so of her life rather vague, so she could mostly fit into any sort of category of work.

She would be considered "new" to shadowrunning, but she's been involved in the same sort of scene for quite some time: she's both ex russian military and ex FSB (russian federal counterintelligence services).
BishopMcQ
The presence of a few shadowrunners is why the group isn't fully legit...

Waiting for Konsaki to sound off.

More info about your group--Watanabe Security Consultants is an international security consulting firm. Their main headquarters are in Seattle, with offices in London, Tokyo and Prague. Primary services include bodyguarding and consulting services for minor corporations in developing security measures, though they regularly use independent security consultants or freelancers to supplement their staff for larger jobs or to accomodate specific client needs. (This includes the contracting of shadowrunners for certain tasks which require a level of deniability...)

It's possible for those of you who want a shared history to have worked together on various jobs and assignments for Watanabe or further into the shadow community as per your histories. Newcomers can either be on their first job assignment with Watanabe or have been contracted elsewhere.

Penta
OK...My char has a non-compete clause to deal with, so he works under the table. This would be his first job assignment with Watanabe.
Buddha72
Ok so some information on my character - as McQuillan posted mystic adept.

Minako would be more of a team player so I like the idea of a group that has some experience working with one another. She would be open to friendly relationships with the understanding that everyone gets to keep as much of their lives private as they wish. She works along the area of light and shadow, doing some semi-shady work when the need is there but trying to keep herself from becoming a criminal if possible.

Sparky - Fade would be welcome to live with Minako as long as she was comfortable about avoiding some questions (where have you been, etc) and keeping trouble from the outside world spilling into her house.

She has kept a balance between her adept powers and her skill in magic. Not really a leader type but solid and dependable. She avoids killing whenever possible and prefers solutions that leave the least amount of damage in their wake but can do the messy thing if it is needed.

That's my blurp.
krayola red
Oh yeah, here's a physical description of Juan to give everyone a visual to work from. He's basically a slender human man of Latino descent who appears to be in his late twenties. His shoulder-length hair is colored naturally black with the tips dyed blood red. He's usually dressed pretty casually, often seen sporting a stylish black windbreaker, cargo pants, and Doc Marten work boots. He's got a friendly face and an easygoing smile, but those who are particularly astute would notice a hollowness behind his eyes that seems out of place with his amiable countenance.
BishopMcQ
As a general reminder, I need finalized character sheets this weekend. The IC post will start on Monday morning.

If anyone has questions for me, please let me know.
Buddha72
So gang are we all in agreement about having worked together at least once?
HeySparky
Not entirely... I'd like at least some of us to be tied outside of working together. Dated your brother/sister/cousin, roommates/neighbors, bowling-teammates. ETC.

Fade has some rent money, but not much. She's not especially nice, but dependable. She's lived a long time without very much and has an easy-come-easy-go attitude toward material possessions. Her own. It doesn't extend to others.
Buddha72
Since you've stated the desire to mix it up, want to take charge and get that part all sorted out and set up before the thread begins? wink.gif

I know I am cracking the whip here folks but I really want this thread to go the distance. Too many times people jump in all fired up and then they sort of.......wander off and leave people swinging in the wind. My hope is keep everyone up and posting from beginning to end. So start chatting, let's see some connections put up for the characters.

Sparky?
HeySparky
Well, not really, I think I may be alone in wanting personal connections. If no one else cares to have non-work related backgrounds, then that's fine.

We can just meet through our contacts.
Vegas
Sparky, You're not the only one who would like connections outside of a business relationship.
Mister Juan
I still have to polished down the last few years of Ludi's background, but I'm definitly planning on having her being on Watanabe's payroll for quite some time. Beside her previous line of work, Ludmilla hasn't done much "shadow" work par se (she's more of a "security contractor" now, than a street sammie wink.gif).

Anyways; anyone having worked with Watanabe for more than one job would have good chances of knowing her.

I wouldn't be agaisnt working out some out-of-work connection, but nothing jumps to mind immediately. Unless for some reason she might have hired one of you guys to babysit her 3 year old daughter wink.gif
Mister Juan
Also, as to if we should be an already established team or not: I believe it could be very interesting if part of the group was, and part were "the new guys". It could create an interesting dynamic.
HeySparky
Sorry Vegas, I must have missed you saying that.

Ways to know people:
- Work (Fade does odd jobs, hasn't found one that she stuck with, mostly because she's always chasing a job that pays more)
- Church (Fade doesn't attend religious services of any kind)
- Gym (Fade goes when she can, which is rarely)
- Nightlife (She's bounced off and on at a number of places)
- Activity Groups (Fade's too broke, but if she weren't she likes that most archaic of hobbies, the bowling league)
- Clubs, Meetings (Fade bowls with a league when she can, takes cooking classes)
- Matrix (2070 version of the Food Network)
- Neighbors (This would work only if she's roommates with someone else, because she's basically dirt poor)
- Roommates (Fade would only recently be someone's roommate, having scraped together some rent money - she's straight forward about how long she'll be able to pay)
- Friends of Friends (share contacts or contacts of contacts)
BishopMcQ
UPDATE:

Thus far my character dossier looks like:
Buddha72—Name?? *Need Character*
ES_Sparky—Fade *Sheet, need note if Final*
Konsaki—Zak Anderson *Sheet, need note if Final*
Krayola Red—Jack Nightingale *Sheet, need note if final*
Mister Juan—Ludmilla Soren *FINAL*
Penta—John Penta *Sheet, need note if Final*
Vegas—A'Ja Rose *FINAL*

KrayolaRed
[ Spoiler ]
Penta
I've sent my final char sheet to you, McQ.
Penta
Anyone alive?
Vegas
Alive and waiting on finalization of CS's from others I guess.

still contemplating how A'ja could know people...
Fortune
Weekends are not necessarily the most heavily-trafficked time here at Dumpshock.
krayola red
I'm here. I'll give my sheet a couple of tweaks then send it off all pretty and finalized, right after I finish my disgustingly long psych project.
HeySparky
Krayola and I are probably going to be roomies, what about another person (two?) to share the rent? Also - krayola, you might want to consider this before we do work out some rent agreement, Fade's a Low lifestyle kinda gal.

McQ, how would splitting rent affect lifestyle costs? And what about rooming with contacts?
Buddha72
Good luck with the thread all but real life has reared its ugly head and I don't want to give this game the weak dregs at the end of the day. Enjoy, McQuillan is a lot of fun. biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Sparky--Each of you pay for your lifestyle costs normally.
BishopMcQ
Team--

We've had some attrition. The new roster looks like this.

Working Days (5 people):
ES_Sparky—Fade (Bruiser)
Krayola Red—Jack Nightingale (Dead People)
Mister Juan—Ludmilla Soren (Merc)
Penta—John Penta (Face/Bodyguard)
Vegas—A'Ja Rose (Face)

Buddha/Konsaki--I hope that you will follow along as you have time. If life clears up a bit and you want to come back, let me know. There will be an open chair at our table.
HeySparky
Sorry to see you go, Buddha, Konsaki. We'll keep a light on for ya's. smile.gif

And, um, what is a 'Dead People'? We might have to reconsider this roommate thing. wink.gif

krayola red
Blast, my cover is blown! Juan is actually Frankenstein in disguise.
BishopMcQ
Umm, it was the best I could come up with for "He makes Dead People" in that killing them sort of way...
HeySparky
Sheet is complete BTW, McQ.

Okay, so far we have Ludi working at Watanbe already (right?). Fade and Juan as roomies (with potential for another roomie). What about A'ja and Penta? You guys have any leads or angles that the rest of us can hook into?
Vegas
A'ja was going to have been Juan's former fixer to there's a tie there, perhaps that leads to knowing Fade in a limited sense, she's also a foodie, so there's that aspect as well to tie her to Fade on the surface.

Could know Ludi via Watanabe if A'ja is using her stable of runners to recruit for the more deniable assets.
Penta
If any of your characters is Catholic, Pent is...moderately observant. He goes to Mass at least twice a month, anyway.

(Hey, Al Capone was a devout Catholic. Stop being so surprised.)

Otherwise, not sure, he dun know many people in Seattle.
BishopMcQ
Everyone, please post a brief description of your character and his/her activities on the morning of 10/18/70. It is approximately 10:00.

Once posts are up, I will push things along.
Penta
Stephen, Runner Havens tells nothing about security/lifestyle ratings for the various parts of Seattle.

Can we get a brief rundown of that?
BishopMcQ
Penta--If you have access to New Seattle, I'm drawing from that with updates as posted in Runner havens.

Listing out all the info you requested could take me some time, was there something specific you were looking for?
Penta
Renton.
BishopMcQ
Renton will range from AA to C rating neighborhoods. In areas where the "Good ol' boys" live you will see the higher end security. The closer you get to Redmond, the more crime picks up and security rating drops. This isn't because the Star and KE aren't as vigilant, but rather that they have their hands full dealing with larger problems and some of the smaller items slip through.
HeySparky
Does Watanabe have an HQ or office in the Seattle area? If so, where?
Mister Juan
Sorry it's taking so long for me to write up a post. I'm just VERY busy at work currently, and I keep getting back home so late all I have time for is a 6 hours nap before I have to go back... So anyways, I'll definitly have something up friday night.
BishopMcQ
Watanabe's main office is in Capital Hill.

Note: Work is going to be kicking my ass for the next 10 days, expect posts from me in the evenings (PST/GMT-0800) and a sparse presence during the days.

Once everyone has posted, I will bump the thread along. Feel free to continue interpersonal posts.
Penta
I -will- post today. God help me, I will.

I just finished a major term paper for one of my courses, due today, after an all-nighter.

I have class in...Well, realistically, I have to be out and about in 3 hours so I have time to print up the paper, assemble it, etc, etc.

After that, I will probably come back and conk out. So I'll post tonight, most likely.
BishopMcQ
All--I will be running with the FAQ. If that means that you would like to make a few changes to your characters, then please do so now. I would like them to me by Monday, and a general role call if you plan on changing, so that I can update my records. Thanks!
Penta
No changes here.
Mister Juan
As I mentioned before, Ludmila isn't a shadowrunner in the strict sense of the term: she has a SIN, and lives using it. No fake IDs, no fake licenses. She's a legit security contractor, and has been working for Watanabe's Seattle office for about 3 years now.

She also lives in Renton, albeit in the nice and cozy part of it.

Also, odds are anyone who has worked a couple of jobs for Watanabe (or who's an actual employee) would know her.
Penta
Bumping so nobody forgets us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012