Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Medusa?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Willthechased
Are there any rules write-ups for using Medusa in the SR world? I've been inspired by the animated short 'Las Gorgonas' for a long running story arc...
Thanks to any assistance in advance!
-W-
Backgammon
You mean actual fish thing medusas, or the ones Deus used to dismember, gut, eviscerate, flay and maim his subjects?
Willthechased
Nay nay... The 'turn ya to stone, snakes in their m-f'n hair' kind. The idea is from an animated short where a pop girl group ends up turing most of the world to stone during a concert broadcast.
Backgammon
Ah. To my knowledge, no such critter in SR. The basilisk and cockatrie have innate Petrify IIRC though.

This reminds me of a campaing we had a while back, when we were still pretty new at SR. Our much-nazi-GM decided that the corp we were hitting had random Basilisks crawling around in the air ducts, as security. An argument of course broke out at the ridiculousness of it. I mean, I could picture Jimmy the science Intern being told he has to go over to Lab 2 and give some beakers over to Professor Richards. He would swallow hard, start to sweat and shake his head, but his supervisor would have none of it, those beakers have to get there. Poor Jimmy would then quickly try to make his way to Lab 2, stopping at corners to catch his breath and furtively throw glances at the ducts, hoping it wouldn't come... but of course it would, poor Jimmy. You'd hear shuffling, then beady little red eyes would be seen through the duct grating, and then little Jimmy, who just wanted to work as an intern in such a prestigious lab, would come to adorn the front lawn like all the others. They'd lose so many interns that way.
hyzmarca
Gorgons appear in Critters (for SR3). They're amphibious dracoforms with both Petrifying Gaze and Innate Spell (Petrify), among other powers.

Edit: Random Basilisks aren't absurd. Petrifying Gaze is a sustained power, meaning that it isn't permanent unless the critter wants to waste its powers. There is an absolute limit to the number of targets a critter can have petrified at one time. Since no permanent damage is done it is rather simple to have the handlers come it and make the basilisks stop sustaining at the end of the day. No harm done.
Lord Ben
No, sorry. Bassilisks in the air ducks is completely silly.
warrior_allanon
maybe completely silly, but easily dealt with, dealing with will also deal with security. Drop several Neurostun gas grenades down into the air vents and put fans blowing into the building on the roof vents. gasses the critters and the guards
hyzmarca
No no no. If you want to defend against basilisks you wear a mirror suit. Either highly polished light reflective armor or simply normal Kevlar with a bunch of mirrors sewn onto it.

You see, basilisks have a severe allergy to their own gaze.

And it isn't silly because it is potentially nonlethal and very effective.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Lord Ben)
No, sorry. Bassilisks in the air ducks is completely silly.

What about tiny mutated ones with frickin lasers on their heads? grinbig.gif
GWCarver
I bet those mirrored suits are really stealthy.
Fortune
QUOTE (GWCarver)

Sure. People just can't stop looking at themselves in your pants long enough to actually hinder you. wink.gif
Backgammon
QUOTE (The Jopp)
QUOTE (Lord Ben @ Nov 29 2006, 06:00 AM)
No, sorry.  Bassilisks in the air ducks is completely silly.

What about tiny mutated ones with frickin lasers on their heads? grinbig.gif

We all know mirrors reflect lasers.
Backgammon
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (GWCarver @ Nov 30 2006, 04:13 AM)

Sure. People just can't stop looking at themselves in your pants long enough to actually hinder you. wink.gif

"Hey sexy. I bet you can see yourself in my pants, huh?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012