Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Medkit-weapon camoflauge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Siege
Anyone ever hide a weapon in a medkit?

Either in a secret panel or secreted in the guts of the kit?

-Siege
Frag-o Delux
Not in a medkit per say, but in many other places. In one game I had to assassinate a guy in Lone Star custody in the jail house. Now this is no lie, when we did this run, about 7 years ago, I had my hitman character wear shoes that were way to big for him and hid the parts of a hold out in his shoes. When I got inside I told the police I was his lawyer, after some social engineering I made it to the mark. While having him chat up a storm pretending to care I carefullyput the gun together and put 2 in his chest, then made my escape. At the time we were young and really didn't know how MADs worked, we figured they didn't scan to the floor, because we had seen some that didn't have the panels to the floor. And we didn't really know about chemsniffers being in the doors. And at the time, I aid to the GM no one ever checks shoes for weapons, in all your experiances has anyone ever checked your shoes for anything? Then what a year to a year and half, some screw ball has his shoes made into bombs, now they have people in airports taking their shoes off. In fact when that story broke I looked at my brother the GM at the time and siad "See no one ever checks peoples shoes" and he just gave me a wierd stare.

We would wax pack explosives then stuff it into chili then eliver it in to catered events to waste a mark. The bomb dogs couldn't near the chili because we would lod it down with so much hot sauce and peppers it would burn your ass just smelling it. It kept the dog away, and if the chemsniffer went off it was a mood breaker when you would make jokes saying the chili was so hot it might set of the fire alarm next. And who is going to stick thier arm to the elbow in to hot ass chili to feel around in it?
thunderchild
I had 2 manhunters in a false bottom of a mechanics toolkit.

You cant MAD scan a metal toolbox, the control to release it was actualy smartlink activated through the handle, and if it set off chemsnifers, the "mechanic" had well forged papers saying he was qualified to work on weapons systems.
oh and yes the kit WAS full of tools. the bottom tray however was full of sharp objects and assorted nuts and bolts so it was impossible to gauge how deep it was.

TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
At the time we were young and really didn't know how MADs worked, we figured they didn't scan to the floor, because we had seen some that didn't have the panels to the floor.

Actually, until fairly recently that was true. Old-style metal detectors were weak at the shoe level. The ones commonly in use now do not have that problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012