Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How would this availibilty test work.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jack Kain
I'm thinking of geting come cybereyes instailed on my character.
Now what I'm looking to instail is the
Rating 4 basic system Avail: 8

With Flare Compensation Avail: 4

Low-Light Vision Avail: 4

Protective Covers Avail: 4

Smartlink Avail: 8R

Thermograpthic Vision Avail: 4

Vision Enhancement Rating 3 Avail: 9
and Vision Magnification.
All of which at alphaware quality for a total cost of 21,700.

How would the test work? the different components have different availibilites. Would each component be a seperate test done one after another or at the same time.
Would I have the basic eyes instailed then add in each component as it became availible.

Or would I go with the total cost 21,700 and then use the highest availibility 8R for the entire package?
Lord Ben
By the strictest reading of the book I think you'd buy each component seperately with it's own avail and cost calculation. However, that's one area of the book that needs a GM to get involved with a little due to potentially rediculous outcomes.
Chandon
Even going strictly by the book, I don't see any reason why you'd have to get the eyes implanted before all the upgrades were available. You'd do all the tests separately, wait for the components to show up, and the guy doing the implant work would be able to put the eyes together during the surgery.
Lord Ben
If I were DMing I'd treat the whole thing as a sort of "package deal" with an availability equal to the highest rating 9R in this case and the total price being the price used to make the rolls.

Actually this would be one of those things that would just automatically happen between runs since they're usually a few weeks apart anyhow.
ShadowDragon
I would roll availability for each separately and take the longest date as the day of surgery for them all to be put in at once.
eidolon
QUOTE (ShadowDragon)
I would roll availability for each separately and take the longest date as the day of surgery for them all to be put in at once.

Echo that.
Fortune
I'd just say come back in a week and we'll book you in for the surgery. Seriously, none of this stuff is that mind-blowingly rare in the first place. If the character had a decent fake SIN (and the right fake license for the smartlink), he could just walk in off the street and get it all installed at Cybereyes-r-Us in the local mall.
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Fortune)
I'd just say come back in a week and we'll book you in for the surgery. Seriously, none of this stuff is that mind-blowingly rare in the first place. If the character had a decent fake SIN (and the right fake license for the smartlink), he could just walk in off the street and get it all installed at Cybereyes-r-Us in the local mall.

Ah I'd use my street doc considering my team just finished a run for him. The Doc’s payment combined with some on site accusations would be paying for over half of this ware.
Fortune
Same thing. I just don't see the need to make players jump through too many hoops on trivial shit. Save all that crap for the mil-spec hardware and super-elite deltaware Tongues of Death™.
Moon-Hawk
I agree. Not worth the time. If they have a decent fake ID and a fake permit for the smartlink, they can get them at the mall. If not, then they'll have to bribe the guy a few hundred extra. I only say a few hundred because those are pretty nice eyes, so I imagine they'll be going to a reasonably good cyberware place, not just the Scoop N Scope.
Kyoto Kid
...for purchase of non implant Vision/Audio mods (such as on contacts or glasses) at chargen I have been adding the availability of the various components together as a limit of how much can be placed on the item (Max Avail = 12). Actually, these should also have a Capacity Rating (as do cybereyes/ears & sensors) with each of the enhancements taking up so much "space"

I have thought about just assigning the capacity values from the implant versions but there still needs to be a max capacity rating for the items these go onto. It just seems silly that you can put five different enhancements on something as small as contacts.
Jack Kain
Due to a rather expense cyberware upgrade, well cyberware removal replaced with bioware equlivant. I have a essence hole of .85 which can be filled with various things before my essence would actually drop.
So there are various things I could fill that void with.
The eyes are but one idea, but the only one I'm concidering that I can currently afford.

His current ware includes
Synaptic Boosters Rating 2 (formally wired reflexs, thank you stolen chopper sold on black market)
Muscile Toner Rating 2
Muscile Aug Rating 2
Reflex Recorder: Monowhip
Platelet Factories
and a Datajack.
Jaid
skillwires are nice. iirc, alpha skillwires at rating 5 are something to the tune of .8 essence, which would be cut in half 'cause you've got so much bioware.

other than that, sleep regulator seems pretty popular in bioware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012