Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARGUS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
ARGUS, the private intelligence agency that's a subsidiary of MET 2000 - apparently it was covered in both State of the Art: 2064 and Deutschland in den Schatten II. Now I've read the SotA bit, but could any of our German speaking board members that have both say if there's anything extra or covered more in-depth by DidS? Thanks.
fistandantilus4.0
Try PMing Grinder. I know he lives in Germany, and since this thread isn't getting a lot of traffic, he'll probably notice a PM faster than this thread.
FlakJacket
Not a bad idea. smile.gif
Ryu
DIDS 2 is relevant here, DIDS was much earlier.

I donŽt know what info is new, so IŽll just list the few but interesting tidbits:

- 15.000 agents
- working mostly for all corps and nations who own part of MET
- Allied German States seem to hide their budget under "marketing expenditures", wich are four times larger than actual marketing expenditures. Reading those government financial records can yield interesting information now.
Grinder
Ryu sums it up good. I'll check the books later tonight and see what I can add.
FlakJacket
Thank you both.
Grinder
You're welcome. smile.gif

Do you need any specific details?
FlakJacket
Just looking around for the general details. I'm trying to drag myself back to updating the wiki and one of the things I keep meaning to add are what bits we know about the different national and corporate intelligence agencies. ARGUS, since its mostly covered in a German language sourcebook, is the main stumbling block.
Ryu
Knowing what you want, I still think I got the important parts. IŽll just add that the last info is shadowtalk and therefore open to interpretation.
FlakJacket
Cool. Just for completeness could one of you post what page the ARGUS stuff is on so I can whack a page number in the references section. Cheers. smile.gif
Ryu
Sure. Pg. 293-294, section "Governmental and private security institutions", subheading "ARGUS".
Grinder
I checked Brennpunkt ADL (Target: AGS) , but it had no new information about ARGUS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012