Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun on MySpace -- contest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Adam
We've created a Shadowrun account over on MySpace -- you can reach it at http://www.myspace.com/shadowrunrpg

We'll be posting the usual news and updates that are posted to ShadowrunRPG.com to the MySpace site, so if you are a social networking junkie you can get your fix over there. Also, if you're one of the first 100 people to add ShadowrunRPG to your friend list on MySpace, you'll be entered into our highly seat-of-the-pants Emergence contest, where 1 lucky MySpace friend will win a copy of the upcoming book!
fistandantilus4.0
ya' know, odd, 'cause my wife and I started a small SR group like two years ago on myspace. I don't think I've even seen that page since the second month. Can I get a free entry for that ? biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Can I get a free entry for that ?

Sure can. All you have to do is log into the account and add shadowrunrpg to your friends list. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
can't myspace is blocked at my work, smart @## nyahnyah.gif
Fortune
PM me your info if you want me to do it for you.
Chandon
Is Peacefire.org also blocked at your work?
fistandantilus4.0
Chandon , apparently not, but I'm pretty sure taht using it would result in my paycheck being in question down the line. Thank you though.

Fortune, I'll send you my myspace stuff, assuming I can remember it. biggrin.gif Thanks
lorechaser
Gotta love MySpace.

"Do you really want to add Shadowrun as a friend?

Click "Add" only if you really wish to add Shadowrun as a Friend."

fistandantilus4.0
So Shadowrun is your friend now huh? were you just using it for good times before?

Reminds me of Terry pratchett's saying about dwarves:
Dwarves don't love gold, they jsut say that to get it in to bed.
Fortune
I had to join MySpace to be a friend to Shadowrun. I'm very afraid of Tom, whom I gather is my Obligatory MySpace Online Whore™ (OMOW? OMSOW?). He seems to act in an overly-familiar manner, looks rather effeminate, lives in San Francisco, and has 357,982,492 friends. eek.gif
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, I think he's an immortal elf and part of the conspiracy. Wait.. sjoulnd't you know him already then? Or do you keep your little cabal broken into cells for protection? spin.gif
Danthrall
Hmm, I think I was 101, but that's if you include Classic Battletech. Oh, the joys of my contemplating if I made it in time or not...
Nikoli
Yeah, though the many faces of "Tom" are amusing.
Fortune
I logged onto the MySpace website almost immediately after Adam posted about it, and at that time there were 42 friends listed (I am #44, but only because I had a real hassle signing up for an account biggrin.gif). I don't know how many of those 'friends' count towards the 'first 100 limit' though.
Nikoli
I'd say keep going until the contest is ended, Tom doesn't count anyway. Daemons and Sprites are inelligible I think.
PBTHHHHT
I'll just pay for my emergence book and avoid this myspace crowd and this 'Tom' guy, he sounds scary. eek.gif
Adam
I think Classic BattleTech already has all the books "he" needs... wink.gif
Adarael
In terms of totally nerdy comments...

I blame NoizAngel's marketing methods for this current tactic, Adam. Which is to say it is very clever, and I support whoever cooked it up, be it you or others.
ElFenrir
Ahh, hello all! grinbig.gif Now with Myspace i can perhaps see if theres more SR gamers around me...typically ive gotten mainly to play while i visit the states. I found some gamers, including my better half, but we need more!!!! biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
Damn military firewall... coudlna have joined myspace and the SR group even if I'd noticed in time there was a contest...
Fortune
If you'd like, I could always give you a hand and sign you up, as I did for the doomed fister. biggrin.gif
RunnerPaul
Someone let me know when the 4th Edition FAQ gets a myspace page. I'll want to friend that.
Digital Heroin
What does one need to sign on with myspace anyway? I've been avoiding the plague thusfar...
Grinder
Hey, it's cool and trendy and Web 2,0 and all that. biggrin.gif

I have a myspace-page and use it to keep track of old friends.
Fortune
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
What does one need to sign on with myspace anyway?

A valid email address.
Zen Shooter01
Oh my God! That's horrible! A giant international gallery of freaks and weirdos, with faces! At least on Dumpshock we don't have to LOOK at each other! A ready-made dating meat market for deniable assets! And it's a pretty awful shock to find out after all these decades that Shadowrun is "not sure" about its sexual orientation! Take it down! Take it down! Oh, God...take it down!
Grinder
Hey, what did you expect? grinbig.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Dec 4 2006, 02:25 AM)

A valid email address.

And a willingness to share a convenient list of your friends, relationships and personal details with Rupert Murdoch's multinational media machine.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (lorechaser)
Gotta love MySpace.

"Do you really want to add Shadowrun as a friend?

Click "Add" only if you really wish to add Shadowrun as a Friend."

Is there an account "The Computer"? grinbig.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Dec 4 2006, 02:25 AM)

A valid email address.

And a willingness to share a convenient list of your friends, relationships and personal details with Rupert Murdoch's multinational media machine.

And the CIA, and the Office for Homeland Security, and Mossad, and al-Qaida, and... nyahnyah.gif
Adam
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Dec 3 2006, 10:06 AM)
Someone let me know when the 4th Edition FAQ gets a myspace page. I'll want to friend that.

Shit, we have to set up a distinct myspace account for that this week? awww, nuts.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Adam)
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Dec 3 2006, 10:06 AM)

Shit, we have to set up a distinct myspace account for that this week? awww, nuts.

Actually, hearing the words "This Week" from someone in the loop was quite enough. That'll do nicely.
Adam
What am I getting for xmas, Paul? wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (knasser)

I didn't share shit. wink.gif
Chandon
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
Actually, hearing the words "This Week" from someone in the loop was quite enough. That'll do nicely.

Wait, what? That's not possible. Duke Nukem Forever isn't even out yet!
Grinder
Don't believe in the FAQ before it's online. wink.gif
BookWyrm
I added the page to my list for the heck of it. There's also a Group on Myspace for SR as well. If you want the link, let me know here.
Fortune
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
There's also a Group on Myspace for SR as well.

That might be the one Fistandantilus referenced earlier.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Adam)
What am I getting for xmas, Paul? wink.gif

An IOU redeemable for a beer on me on the first con that the two of us happen to be attending together?
Lovesmasher
Adam, I'm too dumb to work computer MySpace! Please make invite for dumb Keith.

Dur. Also, you should totally see our totally sweet team we've got going in the game we started last week. I'm already on my 2nd character.

Edit: Wait... this is the Adam who sleeps in our green room, right?
Adam
biggrin.gif Keith!

I sent you a friend request, you handsome devil you.
Lovesmasher
QUOTE (Adam)
biggrin.gif Keith!

I sent you a friend request, you handsome devil you.

Thanks! I just joined up. Also, you left a pile of your worthless Canadian money all over the place here. I was like 'SCORE!' and then realized it wasn't real money. There go my hopes for having $1.50.
Adam
I'm pretty sure I left you guys some American change, too. And, um, Canadian change isn't worthless ... you can, um... glue it to the bottom of a chair leg if you have a wobbly chair!
Lovesmasher
So it's worth slightly less than a washer, because at least a washer has a hole pre-drilled nyahnyah.gif
lorechaser
But washers don't have cool (?) names like Looneys and Tooneys....
Moon-Hawk
This weekend I fixed my toilet with a washer. The flapper kept getting stuck up, or sometimes it would go down but it would go down so slowly that the chain would get under it, so either way it would run and run and run.
Anyway, I put a washer on the chain on the top of the flapper to weigh it down, and now my toilet works properly.
I couldn't have done that with a Canadian coin, now could I? Hmmm? I didn't think so.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
I couldn't have done that with a Canadian coin, now could I?

So what you're telling us is that you don't own a drill?
Adam
If it was a toonie [That's the two-dollar Canadian coin] with the middle-bit broken out, you could have!
eidolon
I love the fact that Canada has realized that change > bills for ones and stuff. I think ones and fives are just about worthless.

I know, a lot of people hate change. I'd rather have a 1 dollar coin in my pocket than a 1 dollar bill in my wallet any day though.
lorechaser
QUOTE (eidolon)
I love the fact that Canada has realized that change > bills for ones and stuff. I think ones and fives are just about worthless.

I know, a lot of people hate change. I'd rather have a 1 dollar coin in my pocket than a 1 dollar bill in my wallet any day though.

Eh.

I tend have clothes with loose pockets. And I tend to prop my feet up a lot. I tend to have change on the floor. wink.gif

That being said, I think the dollar coins are badass. Apparently, US money has been found not to be friendly to people with visual disorders, so it may be redone soon. Maybe we'll get coins then...

Has it ever been stated specifically what's on actual, paper, nuyen?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012