Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naruto
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hocus Pocus
I have been oon a bender since wednesday watching episodes on youtube. been staying up till 4am therebouts watching the shows (i have a slow dsl package). It hit me though in that the show could be a get testimonial on geas while performing adept abilities. using hand signs to perform certain skills, blood magic as well. It'd be something if one had a character that got ahold of these old episodes and based his whole way off the cartoon. lol. i tell ya skikamaru (that depressed guy) and yaiyun(perverted hermit) are my two halfs. I had some other compariosns but I've been drinking abit to dull the aches in my body to watch more naruto
Kremlin KOA
kancho adept?
Fortune
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
kancho adept?

Never heard of it. Would he have the Exceptional Ability: Eating Power?
warrior_allanon
bad kremlin, no soy for you today,

Fortune, google, Japanese Schoolteacher, it tells very well about a "kancho adept" named mouse
hyzmarca
Way of the Kancho recommended Adept Powers
with references

Combat Sense and Counterstrike (should be geased to only operate if the attack is a kancho)
http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher11.html

Distance Strike
http://www.mikewang.org/dongchim.htm

Nerve Strike or Critical Strike
http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/naughty02.htm

Killing Hands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_taiju..._Years_of_Death

Elemental Strike: Water
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

QUOTE (Azrael)
I can't tell you who got what or what got hit or how many times. I don't know how many of you have been in a position where 6-7 Japanese boys are grabbing your dick and sticking fingers up your ass simultaneously (show of hands?), but in that situation, you just don't know what's going on.

Wounded Ronin
Having a Naruto adept is pretty good. It's really ideal for pissing off the other players, especially if you state that you waste valuable in-combat actions doing pointless anime posing.

However, I think that for being utterly annoying and horrid it's better to go for older anime. Dragonball Z, for example. How badass would it be to run around acting like Goku and embarassing your team at every moment. (Incompetence: ettiquette)

GM: "The Johnson is unusually well dressed, with a three piece suit and a glimmering TagHeuer watch. He peers at the team from over his mug of soykaf, the steam mystifying his bold and piercing mein."

Goku: "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE!!!!! MY POWER LEVEL IS OVER 10,000 AND MY KAMEHAMEHA WAVE BURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND MOONS! AAAAAARRRRRHHHHHH! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRHHHHHH! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!"

Face: "What he means to say is, 'are you Mr. Johnson'?"
Hocus Pocus
man if i were to ever get back into shadowrun gaming I'd definately create a character based on naruto anime. I"m hooked on this show and making a character who learned his adept way watching old naruto toons would be a blast!

give a few episodes a try on youtube at the very least. You can' tell me this theme 6 doesn't rock! a warning though as your toes will tap at the very least most likely though you'd get up and to a jitterbug (especially at :55 seconds)
Hocus Pocus
or this theme 4

or this theme 2
Lovesmasher
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
Having a Naruto adept is pretty good. It's really ideal for pissing off the other players, especially if you state that you waste valuable in-combat actions doing pointless anime posing.

However, I think that for being utterly annoying and horrid it's better to go for older anime. Dragonball Z, for example. How badass would it be to run around acting like Goku and embarassing your team at every moment. (Incompetence: ettiquette)

GM: "The Johnson is unusually well dressed, with a three piece suit and a glimmering TagHeuer watch. He peers at the team from over his mug of soykaf, the steam mystifying his bold and piercing mein."

Goku: "ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE!!!!! MY POWER LEVEL IS OVER 10,000 AND MY KAMEHAMEHA WAVE BURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND MOONS! AAAAAARRRRRHHHHHH! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRHHHHHH! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!"

Face: "What he means to say is, 'are you Mr. Johnson'?"

I dunno, I really think this is more hacker appropriate behavior.
Moon-Hawk
Just for the record, the translations of Naruto that they're playing on american TV and basing the video games on sucks, IMO.
Get a halfway decent fansub, though, and it's a great show.

edit: Oh, and song 2 is my favorite
Slump
Oh yes, Viz has a long and cherished history of gutting anime's through horrible mistranslations.

Believe it or not, Naruto is actually pretty serious. Apparently, the Viz reps who previewed the show prior to aquiring the license only saw the first 3 episodes, which are incredibly goofy and don't actually give an accurate portayal of the show, and as such, the Viz reps marked it down as a comedy (and kept at it when 'translating' the show). Naruto never actually says any phrase that could be accuratly translated as "Believe It!," nor does he ever speak in an "old lady forcing her voice to be husky" voice.

Much like how the first few episodes of trigun are incredibly wacky, but the end is very serious.
Moon-Hawk
I really think Naruto is some of the best Anime I've seen (maybe not #1, but up there) where as the translation makes it one of the worst. I find the dubbed translations make it absolutely unwatchable. The difference is amazing.
Slump speaks the truth, Naruto never, EVER says "Believe it!".
But yeah, the first few episodes are pretty silly.
Hocus Pocus
the translationg is pretty bad, doesn't say believe it but he says something alot more "debetyo" (sp) almost evertime he talks. Believe seems to fit with the character though.

what they need is a death of one of the main characters to really stir things up. IF they do do that don't tell me!!!!! lake last episode of zatch bell
[ Spoiler ]
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus)
he says something alot more "debetyo" (sp) almost evertime he talks.

I have no idea what this means.
Can you explain this for me?
KarmaInferno
It's "dattebayo". Apparently it has no actual specific meaning in and of itself, it's just something he uses to punctuate and emphasize his sentences.

Like someone speaking in english who ends all his sentences with "ya know?".

Oh, okay. Thanks.
Hocus Pocus
yeah you hear it like 50 times per episode i tell ya! :O

pretty my hinata

and why is it they have technology in the show but it doesn't seem prevelant in the world?
Hocus Pocus
here is the link to the full song. I wouldn't have posted it, but man it's so pretty and i've been playing it all day, while tidying up the house. Take heart all, there is a mistress out there for everyone...

lol, i had made a naruto type character awhile back, my young one didn't seem to like it and drew on it and ripped it up.
emo samurai
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Dec 14 2006, 12:10 AM)
and why is it they have technology in the show but it doesn't seem prevelant in the world?

Because there's constant expensive warfare? I don't know.

Or maybe they don't let ninjas use technology because then they'd get spoiled; they can run through trees at 60 miles per hour, anyway.
bibliophile20
Actually, it's kind of funny that you should ask this; the guy who introduced me to Shadowrun in the first place actually played around with the SR rules so that he could play in the Naruto universe--he calls it NarutoRun smile.gif

I can get you a copy--which is decently comprehensive--if you're interested.
Kyuhan
I made an assload of Naruto SR characters on paper. If I can find them I'll post them.
Hocus Pocus
naruto shadowrun! woot! they'd make great characters. Maybe a group of nerds with talent center around naruto anime.

finally caught up with all the episodes and am waiting for the 2 year later ones. Ty to youtube nyahnyah.gif
emo samurai
Dude, Naruto Fan.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, Naruto Fan.

Yeah, if you're willing to pay for what should be free; just fire up BitComet and head over to dattebayo fansubs; that's where NarutoFan gets theirs anyway.
Hocus Pocus
intersting, will check them out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012