Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There is a Shadow Run movie?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
EVLTIM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...29&category=617
This can't be legit can it? eek.gif
Fixed url Maybe.
Stormdrake
Can't get the link to work. However I have never heard of a movie.
EVLTIM
OK It works now .smile.gif

MICHAEL CAINE+JAMES FOX=SHADOW RUN=DVD=
Ancient History
It's not related to the game, if that's what you mean.
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Ancient History)
It's not related to the game, if that's what you mean.

Ok So did they pay a fee to usethe name or is this Hong Kong theater at work ?
nezumi
Is it Shadow Run? Yes.. Is it Shadowrun? No, doesn't appear to be...

Did some roundabout searching and found this:
http://w1.860.telia.com/~u86010716/shadow.html
Apparently it's a 90's gangster type movie, but it doesn't seem to have any orks, magic or cyberware. It is legit as a name, though, because it's Shadow_Run, not shadowrun.
EVLTIM
Ah OK . It just freaked me out when I saw that , because I remeber all of the fantasy casting threads .
TinkerGnome
IMDB gives a pretty poor review of it (the one comment says it's really bad, anyway). "Shadow Run" seems to be a term directed toward a vehicle being out of radio contact with base on part of its route. In the movie, at least.
DV8
I remember seing one of NeoJudas/K's streaming videos of a "What's Up With Shadowrun" seminar given at GenCon about two years ago, when Mike Mulvihill was still in charge. I remember him answering a direct question regarding a possible Shadowrun film, and he said that the rights had not yet been sold but that there were some parties that were interested, and that FASA would await a script proposal, and wanted to keep a tight reign on the approval process so that they wouldn't create another disaster like Dungeons & Dragons was (or Underworld for that matter.) I guess the talks didn't amount to anything, or got lost in the shuffle when FASA decided to close its doors.
Tziluthi
Check the FAQ. If my memory serves me right, there was something in there about it.
MYST1C
Actually, right at the moment there is a contest running in Germany to produce a SR short film (be it life action, animated, whatever).
Information can be found on shadowrun.de (that is, if you understand German).
Shadow
Yeah, the FAQ says Wizkids is looking into it. They need to start by getting a good script, and do whatever it takes not to make another D&D.
Siege
Interesting.

I could see how the mainstream public might be confused...

"They're elves? What's an elf?"

"You know, those things from Lord of the Rings? Kinda like old-school Vulcans."

"Oh...right. But with a SMG?"

-Siege
Wonazer
<imagines a big budget, a plot, and someone with an SR3 book...>

<drool>

So, who would you cast as the archetype characters?

Who would you cast as the Merc? Or the Sam? Or the Face?
Siege
There's another protracted thread with actors suggested for various roles.

-Siege
Wonazer
There is? My bad. Can you link it?
Siege
I can't like a threat to save my life, but this is the title of the thread:

"who's on my team, the celebrity I choose..."

Punch that into the search engine and browse.

-Siege

Edit: Freud notwithstanding, that should read "link a thread"...grinbig.gif
Cray74
QUOTE (EVLTIM)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...29&category=617
This can't be legit can it? eek.gif
Fixed url Maybe.

It's not Shadow Run (the game) related, just a coincidence.

If you want game coincidences, I drove down a street in the Tampa, FL area named "Belcher Rd." (I want to know what sort of unofficial anthems the kids of Belcher grade school have.) On the same stretch of road, the organization known as the "Camarilla" apparently does one of those highway maintenance things (The city puts your name on a sign, your organization cleans up cigarrette butts once or twice a year from the roadside), and there's an apartment complex known as Shadow Run apartments.
Wonazer
QUOTE (Siege)
I can't like a threat to save my life, but this is the title of the thread:

"who's on my team, the celebrity I choose..."

Punch that into the search engine and browse.

-Siege

Thanks Seige!
El_Machinae
Siege, how about

"if you don't find this threat funny, I'm going to hunt you down and cut out your tongue"

? grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012