Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forward Thinking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Navaruk
As it turns out, the fine fellows working on the Internal Revenue Code have decided to take a proactive measure against the NAN uprising.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-06-53.pdf (page 19)

Tax on Arrow Shafts. For calendar year 2007, the tax imposed under
§ 4161(b)(2)(A) on the first sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of any shaft of a type used in the manufacture of certain arrows is $0.42 per shaft.
nezumi
I only hope you were reading that because of work...

What they really need to do is tax nature spirits. That'll be a good deal more effective.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (nezumi)
I only hope you were reading that because of work...

the hell with that, even if he was reading it for work he didn't need to include a link and quote chapter and verse. got to be an irs agent, an accountant or an arrow manufacturer.
Adam
If he hadn't included the link and the quote, there wouldn't have been much point to the post, now would there?
Backgammon
I think he should have shot an arrow into some random DSFer's chest and yelled "Guess what's taxed now, bitch!"
Fortune
Does it really have to be a random Dumpshocker?
Ryu
If he´s IRS, he´ll choose "All dumpshockers.Twice."
knasser
QUOTE (Ryu)
If he´s IRS, he´ll choose "All dumpshockers.Twice."

But... but... I live in Europe! No fair! frown.gif
Ryu
But the hosting server is located in america. Pay up for the arrow in your backside.
Navaruk
An IRS agent? I’m not evil enough.

I’m not even an accountant, myself. This is just one of the many interesting things you find out when you have to start dealing with estate taxes...

Trying to get back on topic, do you think that something like this would still be in place in the UCAS due to anti Native American sentiment? More to the point, could this be reasonably incorporated into the game or is it just immaterial?
Ryu
Yes I think it would still be in place. Out of a honest-to-god everything-can-be-taxed attitude rather than hate, but still.
Backgammon
It's uh, possibly a bit racist of you to think arrows=natives. It's not like they put feathers in their hair, mount their horses and go shooting arrows at people.

The only people who use arrows are hunters that use bows, which includes far more than just natives. An arrow tax is not going to 'hurt' natives as a whole in the slightest
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Backgammon)
It's uh, possibly a bit racist

Yeah. Like putting them in prison camps. Where they belong. Dirty America-breakers.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012