Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress Update: Augmentation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
MYST1C
Just a small bit of information:

sirdoom (one of the German freelancers) revealed at the German FP forums that the authors' deadline for Augmentation is December 11, 2006.
Jack Kain
To that I say.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
Douglas Adam, author of A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Even if they meet that deadline. Its the author dead line, it will be months before its availble in stores.
IvanTank
What is the amount of time in general between author's deadline and actually showing up here? Remember, it would still need to go through editing, assuming that they are editing it (rememember Rigger 3).

Also, are the books written in German or in English initially these days?
Jack Kain
Not to mention any possible play testing. Not get hyped up about augmentation until both Arsenal and emergence appear in stores as they are due to be released first.
Synner
Augmentation is indeed on final approach. Assuming we keep the same post-development schedule we had for Street Magic, Augmentation could be out in February-March. However, its actual release date hinges on the release of Emergence and Arsenal before it. Meanwhile Corp Enclaves is also looking good and Unwired will follow soon. We are making an effort to pick up some speed with the schedule.
Grinder
QUOTE (IvanTank)
Also, are the books written in German or in English initially these days?

In English. We germans have some freelancers, but that doesn't mean they convinced Wizkids to write all their stuff in german and get it translated. wink.gif
Ophis
Wow does this mean we could get one book a month in the first quarter 2007?

I hope so.
Kesslan
I doubt it but that would be orgasmic if true.
toturi
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 6 2006, 04:52 PM)
Augmentation is indeed on final approach. Assuming we keep the same post-development schedule we had for Street Magic, Augmentation could be out in February-March. However, it's actual release date hinges on the release of Emergence and Arsenal before it. Meanwhile Corp Enclaves is also looking good and Unwired will follow soon. We are making an effort to pick up some speed with the schedule.

Just so you guys keep it low and level and land with all the rules well playtested.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Kesslan)
I doubt it but that would be orgasmic if true.

in a BSDM kind of way for my bank account...
Oracle
Why do people always get that BDSM thing wrong?
Fortune
QUOTE (Oracle)
Why do people always get that BDSM thing wrong?

Maybe they're not as experienced in the subject as you are. wink.gif
Grinder
Hey, why did you changed your location? Don't try to fool us, old toxic man! biggrin.gif
Oracle
QUOTE (Fortune)

Indeed. Maybe.
knasser
At a place I used to work I had four workstations to myself. I gave them the network names of Bondage, Discipline, Sadism and Masochism.

Nine months later, my team leader noticed. biggrin.gif

Hmmmm. I seem to have drifted off-topic:

Give me Arsenal!
Moon-Hawk
I want Arsenal, but not as much as I want a FAQ!
ChicagosFinest
ummm new toys
Lividicus
So what is the current order of release?

MYST1C
QUOTE (Lividicus)
So what is the current order of release?

AFAIK:
  • Emergence
  • Arsenal
Afterwards (order not set yet)
  • Corp Enclaves
  • Augmentation
As the last of the core books, possibly with other not-named-yet releases before it:
  • Unwired
Fortune
QUOTE (Grinder)
Hey, why did you changed your location?

Mainly because Medicine Lodges don't exist in SR4, and Toxic Magical Lodge just doesn't have the same ring to it. wink.gif
ChicagosFinest
Why would'nt a medicine lodge exist? toxic medicine lodges rock. Just think of the exceptional plant life you could grow for madicenal pourposes.

Zen Shooter01
Synner:

Pick up some speed. That'd impress me. If it could be only eight months from basic book to GM screen next time, that would be super.
Adam
QUOTE (IvanTank)
What is the amount of time in general between author's deadline and actually showing up here? Remember, it would still need to go through editing, assuming that they are editing it (rememember Rigger 3).

Yes, remember that FASA did Rigger 3, and FanPro took the time to do a /lot/ of revisions for Rigger 3 Revised ... wink.gif
Chandon
Hmm... is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that a technomancer-centric plot book is coming out *before* the actual matrix rules?
MYST1C
QUOTE (Chandon)
Hmm... is it just me, or does it seem a little odd that a technomancer-centric plot book is coming out *before* the actual matrix rules?

Synner et al have stated that certain contents of Unwired would spoil parts of Emergence if Unwired was published first.

And that a rulebook like Unwired needs a lot more checking/playtesting than a rules-light background book like Emergence.
knasser
QUOTE (Chandon)

That's it, Chandon! Set off another round of dark hints and 'you'll see's'.

Personally, as I strongly dislike technomancers, I'm absolutely dreading a huge revision to the setting which will make it really difficult for me to use cannon material. But I welcome the release as it at least brings Arsenal closer.
Synner
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Chandon @ Dec 6 2006, 03:32 PM)

As I've said before there are very good reasons for this...

QUOTE (knasser)
Personally, as I strongly dislike technomancers, I'm absolutely dreading a huge revision to the setting which will make it really difficult for me to use cannon material. But I welcome the release as it at least brings Arsenal closer.

I dunno, I have a strong suspicion that even if you hate technomancers you might get quite a bit of mileage out of Emergence.
knasser
QUOTE (Synner)

I dunno, I have a strong suspicion that even if you hate technomancers you might get quite a bit of mileage out of Emergence.

If that's the case then I look forward to buying it and it will be a huge weight off my mind. I have no doubt that it will be well-written and good value. My concern is solely with something radical and magical / mystical being done to the Matrix. I have been blown away by the new Shadowrun material, and the thought of having to branch from much of the future material makes me very sad.
Konsaki
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 7 2006, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE (knasser)

Damn, this doesnt bode well for my main character... At least she is keeping herself hidden.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Synner)
Augmentation is indeed on final approach. Assuming we keep the same post-development schedule we had for Street Magic, Augmentation could be out in February-March. However, its actual release date hinges on the release of Emergence and Arsenal before it. Meanwhile Corp Enclaves is also looking good and Unwired will follow soon. We are making an effort to pick up some speed with the schedule.

...Synner, thanks, that is a big help. THis is much sooner than I anticipated. Time to limber up the fingers for drafting my first SR4 campaign arc.
knasser
QUOTE (Konsaki)
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 7 2006, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE (knasser)

Damn, this doesnt bode well for my main character... At least she is keeping herself hidden.

Crap. I hadn't put that interpretation on it. I'd assumed it meant even if as a GM you hate technomancers...

Back to doom and gloom, I go. frown.gif
Synner
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Konsaki @ Dec 6 2006, 10:43 PM)

Damn, this doesnt bode well for my main character...  At least she is keeping herself hidden.

Crap. I hadn't put that interpretation on it. I'd assumed it meant even if as a GM you hate technomancers... Back to doom and gloom, I go. frown.gif

Actually I wrote it the way I did on purpose. You can read it both ways and both ways apply.

Emergence does feature technomancers heavily and promises to address the impact of their powers and their mysterious origins on society— you can rest assured though that they won't be getting any more mystical or magical than they currently are. However, a creative GM might also find some interesting ways of reinterpreting technomancers to fit their own vision in the surprises we've reserved for Emergence.
knasser
QUOTE (Synner)

Actually I wrote it the way I did on purpose. You can read it both ways and both ways apply.

Emergence does feature technomancers heavily and promises to address the impact of their powers and their mysterious origins on society— you can rest assured though that they won't be getting any more mystical or magical than they currently are. However, a creative GM might also find some interesting ways of reinterpreting technomancers to fit their own vision in the surprises we've reserved for Emergence.

Okay. Well I was thinking that this would be the first SR4 product that I did not buy, but I'll trust your judgement on this and at least get the PDF. Will look forward to seeing whatever little setting hints there are as to how the SR world has changed by 2070, too.

Many thanks,

-K.
OneTrikPony
It's not even in EDITING yet! mad.gif AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!:mad:

Excuse me I have to go bangmy head on stuff now frown.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Synner)

Maybe if it somehow incorporates an international bounty on them all. wink.gif
Konsaki
Question - Will augmentation also cover SURGE effects or just bioware/cyberware?
Fortune
I know that Metavariants are going to be covered in the not yet listed Players Companion-type book, so it might well be that SURGE will be included in that book as well.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Fortune)
I know that Metavariants are going to be covered in the not yet listed Players Companion-type book, so it might well be that SURGE will be included in that book as well.

If it were up to me and SURGE was to have game effects at all, that's where I'd put it.

Certainly not in Augmentation, which is more like Man and Machine.

-Frank
Synner
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 6 2006, 09:32 PM)

SURGE and metavariants are tentatively planned for a "Runner's Companion" (working title) book not Augmentation.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 6 2006, 09:32 PM)

SURGE and metavariants are tentatively planned for a "Runner's Companion" (working title) book not Augmentation.

Yes, "Runners Companion" a book mentioned in the FAQ, but not the coming soon page. smile.gif
lorechaser
I get the distinct impression that there will be much anger and lynching directed at TMs.

So yeah, if you are anti-TM, just join in with the groups that are certain they're out to destroy the world, and a run a Techno-Hunt game. wink.gif

Synner
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
Yes, "Runners Companion" a book mentioned in the FAQ, but not the coming soon page. smile.gif

I think you'll find that that might be because it's not "coming soon."
Ryu
"Due to recent events, we at KnightErrant now offer a bounty of 200k¥ for any member of the cult calling itself "technomancers" that is about to bring our modern world to collapse. Our investigation revealed they even facilitated the second matrix crash and we will do whatever needed to prevent that happening a third time. Report any suspects to LTG-FUTUREOFMANKIND and we will take immediate action."
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Synner)
I think you'll find that that might be because it's not "coming soon."

Soon is such a vague word.

There are those who would argue that none of the titles past Emergence listed on the Coming Soon page are actually coming "soon".
Moon-Hawk
Soon means "probably sooner than the things not on the list"
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Oracle)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 6 2006, 01:18 PM)

Indeed. Maybe.

Depends on the position of said experience, but I won't ask. I myself am in the lifestyle & too much of a gentleman to violate a person's privacy.
Fortune
Privacy be damned! We want details! nyahnyah.gif
eidolon
No, we don't. smile.gif
Fortune
I deliberately didn't specify that we wanted them here. nyahnyah.gif
Penta
QUOTE (Fortune)
Privacy be damned! We want details! nyahnyah.gif

No. No, we don't. It's approaching TMI already.

I don't really want to know about other posters' particular kinks, personally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012