Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concealment Critter Power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
In the description of the concealment power it says that concealment can be used on more than one target simultaneously. Under the description of critter powers it says that critters can sustain a number of powers equal to their essence.

Would you read it that concealing 4 runners simultaniously takes 4 sustained-power slots or that it only counts as a single sustained power?

Also in the description of Great Form nature spirits/elementals it says that they can use their powers on a number of targets simultaniously equal to their force. Could a force 4 great-form spirit thus confuse a group of 4 people whilst concealing, guarding, and using the movement power on another group of 4?
sir fwank
nature spirits can use a power on an individual or a group. it counts as one service, and one sustained power. p. 186 of sr3
sir fwank
Great Form nature spirits/elementals it says that they can use their powers on a number of targets simultaniously equal to their force
i think this is meant for powers that are individual only. like innate spell or search, or engulf. or else it is a redundant statement.
spotlite
Doesn't it also say somewhere One Power At A Time? The concealment on a great form can conceal its force in people objects (or you could rule a small area, maybe), and a critter generally uses it on itself. The spirit could not use Guard and Concealment. You'd need two spirits. A critter which can use it on others... well, I'd go with how powerful the encounter needed to be, but still stick to the one power at a time thing though (not counting automatic things like Cold Aura), so no Concealing and Paralyzing Howl at the same time for example.

If I've read that one power at once thing right, anyway.
Lilt
If I can quote myself:
Under the description of critter powers it says that critters can sustain a number of powers equal to their essence.

You can't simultaniously commence to conceal and confuse people but a force 5+ swamp spirit can sustain conceal, confuse, guard, movement, and engulf then use any one power out-of accident, binding, and fear per round (or just hit something).
spotlite
OK, I stand corrected. In THAT case things are a little different...
Lilt
The question I'm asking is: If the force 5 swamp spirit were a great-form spirit: could it affect 5 people with each of those sustained powers?
Anymage
Except for Engulf, none of those powers are exclusive. So while a great force spirit would have to enact them one at a time, it could maintain them all with no trouble. And when it started bringing out the Confusion, it could hit (force) targets all at the same time, all while keeping the other powers going.

Granted, that'd be an iffy thing for a shaman to have happen (just look at all the services you'd have to roll), but if the shaman had enough successes or you had a free great form spirit, it's all legit.
Talia Invierno
Actually, it wouldn't be all that hard to roll. TN 5 = 1/3 chance on a single die. A single karmic reroll effectively doubles the number of (previously unsuccessful) dice, a second karmic reroll triples it. With a Conjuring of 6, odds would then give 4 successes without using any foci whatsoever.

I'd qualify what's already been said only insofar as changing the number of people affected by a spirit power counts as a distinct service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012