Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEWS: Dragon Spotted Over China.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fix-it
Dragon Spotted In Jilin Province.

At about 6 p.m. on August 6, two students walked out of their library in Jilin University and looked up. “Look! A flying dragon appears in the sky!” A student named Li captured an image of the dragon on his picture-phone, providing the second instance of photo documentation of a dragon flying over China so far this summer. “When I was walking out of the library, I saw a bright, animal-shaped object flying in the sky, heading southeast. It was incredibly dazzling, just like a gigantic dragon. I immediately took a picture of this unusual event on my cellphone,” said excitedly Li, a student at Jilin University, Jilin province.
“Flying Dragon” at Dusk

Yeah yeah. Tabloids. But still...
Kagetenshi
Lung may be stealing a march. Or maybe Ryumyo is trying to embarrass him by causing people to post fuzzy pictures.

~J
RunnerPaul
It's gotten some attention from the Shadowrunners over at Fark.com.
Fix-it
that's where wierd stuff like this gets posted first. or re-posted.

or re-re-posted.

/re-re-re-re...
Snow_Fox
This is years ahead of schedule. someone check the Mayan clandar, can we blame Mel Gibson?
Slump
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
This is years ahead of schedule. someone check the Mayan clandar, can we blame Mel Gibson?

Blame him anyway. He didn't handle the whole drunken racial slurs thing very well at all. I thought of a better spin minutes after hearing about it.
jrpigman
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Dec 10 2006, 11:18 PM)

Depends on which Ajq'ij you talk to, and how they count the dead days. The Mayan solar calendar has 360 'normal' days, along with 5 days that belong to the Lords of Xibalba. They don't actually show up on the calendar, and no one leaves the house or does anything on them. How you count them could drastically change the date for the beginning of the sixth world. Most Ajq'ij agree on the 2011 date, though.

(Yeah, I'm a nerd OK, wanna fight about it?)
Moon-Hawk
What dates do you get if you count them differently?

edited because grammar wtf!?
Kyoto Kid
...swamp gas.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)

December 2006?

We havn't even started oppressing the indians yet! we need to get a move on!
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Dec 11 2006, 03:31 PM)

December 2006?

We havn't even started oppressing the indians yet! we need to get a move on!

We've been oppressing the Indians for 500 years. If anything, we're early.
Ophis
Well it's a good thing I wasn't drinking when I read that. Hyzmarca wins the thread.
Snow_Fox
Nah. I mean we have to lock up Chief "Hits-on-sixteen-stands-on-seventeen"
ShadowDragon8685
You may not have been drinking, Ophis, but I was eating.

Mashed potatoes with gravy does not feel as good exiting the nostrils as it does entering the throat. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a new keyboard...

*bills hyzmarka for the cost of a new keyboard*
Snow_Fox
That's a waste of good potatos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012