Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergence PDF
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thyme Lost
We normally have been seeing the PDFs for sale before the real book hit the shelves.
Anyone have any clue when we will see the Emergence PDF?

I've searched Dumpshock. I've done a search on google. I can't seem to find a hint when the PDF will be released. From what I've read on Dumpshock, Emergence is the next book out and should be out "soon", but we all know what soon means with FanPro.

Just looking for some info, don't know if anyone knows anything.

Thyme Lost
Kesslan
Personally I'd figgure at -least- another couple of months going by what little I've read about it.
Thyme Lost
QUOTE (Synner)
Augmentation is indeed on final approach. Assuming we keep the same post-development schedule we had for Street Magic, Augmentation could be out in February-March. However, its actual release date hinges on the release of Emergence and Arsenal before it. Meanwhile Corp Enclaves is also looking good and Unwired will follow soon. We are making an effort to pick up some speed with the schedule.

Emergence will be the next book out. There will be no Shadowrun books coming out before Emergence. It better not be a couple of months until Emergence is out.

Kesslan
I've seen plenty of book publishers say X should be out by X date and it actually geetting pushed back a while for an assortment of reasons.

Dont get me wrong. I'd love to see lots of new SR4 books comming out and soon. I'm just abit of a pessimist because i've seen Duke Nukem Forever syndrome hitting alot of RPG books that I've wanted to see.
Zen Shooter01
In the old days, there were fixed release dates. Then they'd miss those by any number of months evenly divisible by three, so they gave up on that. Now we get "coming soon".

You must become a student of the tao of FanPro.

There are products, but no release dates.

There are release dates, but no products.

When you can snatch the D6 from my hand, your training will be complete.
Glayvin34
With Street Magic it just kind of appeared on the ShadowRun site one day, right near the time the printed copies were scheduled to ship. Personally, I think the pdf is ready and they're just waiting for the printing to be closer to done so the pdf doesn't preempt the print sales and kill them.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday, I'd say no more than four weeks at the longest.

Or six at the ABOSLUTE most.

edit: My Tao involves NEVER expecting the book to be released. Makes for a very pleasent surprise when it actually comes out.
Zen Shooter01
Glayvin34:

How did you derive those estimates? Ouji board? Or do you know something we don't?

Moon-Hawk
Does it matter? Can you think of any estimation system for SR release dates that would be more accurate than that?
Glayvin34
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
Glayvin34:

How did you derive those estimates? Ouji board? Or do you know something we don't?

I don't know shit. Just guessing based on the releases of On the Run, Runner Havens and Street Magic.
Moon-Hawk
Hahaha.
The book will come when it comes, and when it does, it will be good. That's my philosophy. I have plenty of stuff in my life to stress about. SR release dates just don't make the list. smile.gif
Zen Shooter01
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
Does it matter? Can you think of any estimation system for SR release dates that would be more accurate than that?

Well, if Rob Boyle was in the room with me and said, "Yes, Virginia...there IS a Santa Claus!"...

Yeah, good point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012