Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current game time
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadow
What is the current "game time" in SR? Is it 2064 or 2063?
FlakJacket
I think it's '63 - hence the SotA book being SotA: 2063 - although I could very well be wrong.
Seville
If I am correct, it will be 2063 for another two months, or at least until the products that were originally scheduled to come out in the next to month come out.

I must say that Fanpro, despite the fact that I believe that Rob Boyle and Adam Jury are the only two full-time employees (I may well be wrong) is doing an excellent job of putting product out on time. Back when FASA was getting towards closing, they had a horrible reputation for getting products out on time. But I know that I got my last five books (Target Wastelands, Shadows of North America, Survival of the Fittest, Sprawl Survival Guide, and Dragons of the Six World) pretty damn near right on time, and that I saw Rigger Revised up at Great Escape Games right before I went TDY in mid september, and I must thank them for doing a great job of getting their product out on schedule.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Seville)
If I am correct, it will be 2063 for another two months, or at least until the products that were originally scheduled to come out in the next to month come out.

Captain Chaos's latest posts in 2063 have been on April 30.

That leaves at least two more books in 2063. My guesses? Mr. J's Little Black Book and Shadows of Europe.

Then SOTA: 2064, and Shadows of Asia and Loose Alliances on the horizon. This is all speculation, you realize...
Adam
QUOTE (Seville)
I must say that Fanpro, despite the fact that I believe that Rob Boyle and Adam Jury are the only two full-time employees (I may well be wrong) is doing an excellent job of putting product out on time.

I'm not a full time employee; I'm not even a half time employee. I do some work [the website] under contract for FanPro, and some work -- writing [for Shadowrun] and layout [for the Dark Eye] and other random stuff [con flyers, etc] -- freelance.

My day job is at Guardians Of Order.
Seville
Well, Adam, thanks you still.

Does that mean Rob does all the coordinating of freelancers, editors, and work with Fast Forward alone? Or are there other behind the scenes people who deserve a great big heaping shovel of thanks?
Adam
Rob does all that work for the Shadowrun and now The Dark Eye lines, plus the day-to-day administration work. Randall Bills handles that end of stuff for Classic BattleTech.
Seville
Wow. Thanks for the info.
Synner
Regarding the topic of the thread. IIRC SoE will be dated mid-2063 since the NEEC comes into being around that time (from DotSW) and that's one of the things that are shaking up the Old World.
Cray74
QUOTE (Adam)
Rob does all that work for the Shadowrun and now The Dark Eye lines, plus the day-to-day administration work. Randall Bills handles that end of stuff for Classic BattleTech.

Beat me to it. I was gonna say BT seemed to have some full time employees, too.
Abstruse
The basic rule of thumb is to take the current year and add 60 to it. This gets a little fuzzy during the first quarter of a new year, but more or less that's it.

The Abstruse One
Pistons
QUOTE (Cray74)
QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 28 2003, 05:03 AM)

Beat me to it. I was gonna say BT seemed to have some full time employees, too.

Even Randall is more part-time than full-time. (Last I heard, that is.)

Still, with freelancers pitching in where it's possible to do so (some things just can't be handled thusly), it helps some that I've noticed.
Snow_Fox
and so the year is......?
(I thought it was 2064.)
Street Wyze
What is Loose Alliances going to be about?
Synner
Snow Fox - The latest in game info is Sprawl Survival Guide which is dated 30 April 2063.

Street Wyze - Loose Alliances is the project formerly announced under the working title Sixthworld.org. It should portray all sorts of non-corporate players and organizations which interact with runners in the Sixth World.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012