Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 4th Printing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanee
Hey there!

I've seen, that the fourth printing is on its way (nice to see Shadowrun selling well smile.gif).

My question: Is this different to the third printing from the content (more errata included)?

Bye
Thanee
Fortune
As far as I know, the newest Errata (released earlier this month) will be included (but Adam will surely come in and spank me if I'm wrong). I do know that this will definitely be the case for the newest pdf version of the Core Rulebook, which will be released around the same time.
Thanee
That's pretty much what I want to know, since I want to buy a new book when it is in a refined state and has the errata included so far, that only some minor nuisances (if any) are left. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
adamu
Yeah, IF all the errata are included I will definitely be buying a new book. But, like, will there be any way to confirm it is a 4th printing from the OUTSIDE? Seems like a lot of shops shrink wrap their books, and who knows what old copies they have lying on their shelves, and the staff are not always that knowledgeable, and, and, and....should say something or just have a different serial number or something....
Thanee
Isn't that the point of a shop, that you can actually look into the books.

I can order them online for less '¥' if I just want the book without looking at it first. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
adamu
Good point - but aside from the fact that desperation to play Shadowrun has driven to this excellent site, I am the biggest technophobe in the world - those afflicted such as I would rather sleep in a bed of stinging nettles than make a purchase online.
Backward, yes. But that's me.
Adam
The Fourth Printing contains the corrections outlined in the recently-released errata, plus a few other minor touchups.

The Fourth Printing actually will be distinguishable from previous printings based on the cover, as it has the new yellow WizKids logo instead of the old white one.
adamu
Excellent on all counts. Thank you very much.
Grinder
QUOTE (Thanee)
Isn't that the point of a shop, that you can actually look into the books.

I can order them online for less '¥' if I just want the book without looking at it first. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee

My online shop answers questions like "what printing is the SR4 BBB" in less than 24 hours. wink.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Grinder)
My online shop answers questions like "what printing is the SR4 BBB" in less than 24 hours. wink.gif

But that's only the specific question here, I meant it in a more general sense of taking a look at the book, getting a feel of whether this is the right one to buy and so on.

Still, that's certainly a good thing, if such questions can be answered competently. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Grinder
Oh, now I see your point. smile.gif
Yeah, nothing better than to sit down in a FLGS and take the new books into your hands. *sigh* That old days of glory.

Nowadays I don't have a FLGS around here, so I have to order online.
Serbitar
Why are Americans so fond of acronyms? FLGS is a nightmare.
adamu
Even us Americans cannot always keep up! Full Line Game Shop...maybe?
Serbitar
I guess it is Favourite Local Gaming Store, but still . . . this is FUBAR.
Adam
Normally "Friendly" -- gamers love acronyms! wink.gif
ShadowDragon8685
We're in acronym Hell right now - and we're loving it up.

Acronyms FTW!
lorechaser
FLGS is traditionally Friendly Local Gaming Store.

Magus
SNAFU
Konsaki
Situation Normal : All Fragged Up
Kesslan
True dat omae! Diz 'er wizzer new BBB 4.0 is pretty slick scan? Biz must b'killer fer de big FP! Whut wit dem fraggin corpers changin' de paydata all de time natch? Me izza gunna wait till them skrags make up dem minds bouts de verzins. Gets me de most SOTA upload 'seat o'spendin me yen on all demz new filez evreh'tim deh reless un!
Fortune
I bought the pdf, which includes the capacity to download any updated version without charge.
Kesslan
Yeah, but I have the hard copy too. I suppose, some day I'll have ot buy the -new- hard copy again so I have all the proper updated rules. While PDFs are handy in their own way, I still very much prefer a physical book. It's a hell of alot easier to reference multple things at once for me that way at least. PDFs get abit annoying at times.
knasser
QUOTE (Kesslan)
True dat omae! Diz 'er wizzer new BBB 4.0 is pretty slick scan? Biz must b'killer fer de big FP! Whut wit dem fraggin corpers changin' de paydata all de time natch? Me izza gunna wait till them skrags make up dem minds bouts de verzins. Gets me de most SOTA upload 'seat o'spendin me yen on all demz new filez evreh'tim deh reless un!

Jar-Jar Binks! Is that you?
Kesslan
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Kesslan @ Dec 23 2006, 08:19 AM)

Dear lord, that wasnt what I was going for but now that you mention it and I read it with that in mind...

I'm not sure if I should laugh my ass off, or go huddle up in a corner shivering, stuff myself full of drugs and prey that I some how manage to forget all of that.

Meesa gonnas geeksa yousa!
Trigger
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Kesslan @ Dec 23 2006, 08:19 AM)

You were possesed by the free spirit of Jar-Jar because his meat body has been slain far too many times on LEGO Star Wars.

Don't worry, meesa goin' ta excorcize yous, makesa yous all betta
Grinder
QUOTE (Kesslan)
Dear lord, that wasnt what I was going for but now that you mention it and I read it with that in mind...

I'm not sure if I should laugh my ass off, or go huddle up in a corner shivering, stuff myself full of drugs and prey that I some how manage to forget all of that.

Meesa gonnas geeksa yousa!

The latter.
eidolon
Grinder beat me to it! biggrin.gif

Although until it was mentioned, I had it pegged as SR1-2 "uneducated ork".
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Adam)
The Fourth Printing contains the corrections outlined in the recently-released errata, plus a few other minor touchups.

Any word on the status of the status of the "Implanted Commlinks contain sim modules" line that was taken out of the 2nd and 3rd hardcopy printings, but left in the PDF versions? Is that line going back in, since it's not listed in the latest errata as being taken out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012