Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Duels] Layoffs at WizKids
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
winterhawk11
Anybody know anything more about the recent layoffs at WizKids? From Googling around I found that it looks like they've let go between 16-23 people (around a quarter of their staff) including Jeff Grubb and Randall Bills. They're claiming it's because they want to slow down their production because people were complaining it's too fast.

I'm wondering what this means for their smaller lines like Duels, Creepy Freaks, and Crimson Skies. Also wondering if any of the former FASA folks got let go. frown.gif
Jon Szeto
Report at ICv2

Report at GamingReport.com

From the business side of things, layoffs after a major merger or acquisition aren't entirely unexpected. There's bound to be redundancies in some of the administrative-type things, which will spawn layoffs in the course of reorganizing.

Also, when two separate entities come together as one, a reorganizing of priorities is going to be inevitable. I think it's safe to guess that WizKids hadn't planned on unrolling SportsClix at the beginning of the year, and with finite production and distribution capabilities, that means taking some of those resources away from other product lines.
Ned
All I ask is Series 3. Please let them get series three released.
Hot Wheels
SOE! SOE! SOE! (please)
Adam
SOE has absolutely nothing to do with WizKids - they approve the product concept and the final product, and that's it. These layoffs do not affect the Shadowrun RPG in any appreciable way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012