Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full defense options
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kerbarian
I'm not clear on exactly what options are allowed for full defense in a few different situations:

"Full Parry" is one of the full defense options, but the melee combat rules distinguish parrying (with a wielded weapon) from blocking (defending with Unarmed Combat). Does that mean that since "Full Block" isn't listed as a full defense option, you could roll Reaction + Blades + Blades for full defense, but you couldn't roll Reaction + Unarmed + Unarmed?

The section on astral combat doesn't mention full defense at all, that I can see. Adding Dodge would work for astral full defense, but would it also be possible to add Astral Combat for the astral equivalent of "Full Parry"? Could you perform a Gymnastics dodge in astral space? Is there anything in the RAW that mentions this stuff one way or the other?

When performing full defense with a vehicle (evasive driving), it looks like drivers add their vehicle skill, drones add their Defense autosoft, and jumped-in riggers add Dodge (per the FAQ). Is that correct? It seems a little odd that physical drivers would be able to use their vehicle skill, but riggers wouldn't have that option.
Konsaki
1 - To my understanding, you can parry with unarmed. It seems silly to think otherwise since you can do so in real life...

2 - I might be wrong, but astral combat wont allow dodge or gymnastics because those are physical body skills, and you arnt in your body when on the astral plane.

3 - IMO, the reason why a jumped in rigger wouldnt use his vehicle skills is because the rigger 'is' the vehicle. While a driver needs to turn the wheel of the car to turn, a rigger just 'wants' to turn and the vehicle does it automaticly. Thats my reasoning for it at least.
kerbarian
QUOTE (Konsaki)
2 - I might be wrong, but astral combat wont allow dodge or gymnastics because those are physical body skills, and you arnt in your body when on the astral plane.

The GM screen lists astral full defense as adding +Dodge, which is why I assumed that one is okay. It doesn't mention Astral Combat as an option for astral full defense, but it also only lists dodge (and not parry or gymnastics) for Melee full defense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012