Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Earhtdawn Refrences?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SinN
Anyone ever make Earthdawn References in their runs? Either refering to events, people, artifacts, etc. Or going there some how? (Rifts, rituals, etc)
Zak
I love dropping hints about it during runs; and those of my players who understand them hate me for it. Not because they dont like the crossover, but it always means magical opposition in most cases - and thats usually the weak spot smile.gif

I really could not play without them anymore - esp when i am the GM. Im not really throwing imortal elves or stuff like that at them, but subtle hints - esp recognisable names of places or artifacts - make their appearance from time to time: I had this company called Parlainth Security guarding a place once... (too bad only one player got the hint and i should mention that they screwed up the run because security looked so though biggrin.gif )

I got to admit though that I have been playing Earthdawn for about five-six years.
Begisle
I woould love to drop Earthdawn references but alas my current group has absolutely no knowledge of Earthdawn. IN fact I think I'm the only one in the city that does....such a good system.

Been playing ED since it was released....btw.

Even been thinking about bringing over T'Skrang and maybe Obsidimen into SR. Throwing T'Skrang all along the Mississppi and Obsidimen in the Rockies and maybe Applichians.
NightRain
Personally, I was just glad to see a subtle reference in Street Magic. I mean what is Metamagic Filtering if not a precursor to the spell matrix...
Grinder
I made use of some Immortal Nazi Elves, but not too often. Other then that, I used nothing in the past, but only because my group didn't know too much of the ED-background back then. Nowadays it changed, but we don't play SR at the moment.
Cheops
The ED campaign I'm about to start is going to end with an SR campaign where the runners defeat the Big V with cameos from their ED Adepts (I house rule that 15th circle adepts are immortal).
Ophis
I played in a game that did that and it didn't work very well sadly. I do however run lots of cross over related stuff and do have T'skrang around, deep in Amazonia where VITAS never found them.
MITJA3000+
^Huh? IIRC correctly VITAS occurred before the awakening. And I'd think that the T'Skrang havne't been running around here during the downcycle.
Grinder
Not in your 6th world wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (NightRain)
Personally, I was just glad to see a subtle reference in Street Magic. I mean what is Metamagic Filtering if not a precursor to the spell matrix...

which kinda makes ya wonder...

If the spell matrix as made just after the Scourge by the nethermancers because of how bad the astral poolution was, and we've already got the precursor, just how close are we to the same levels as the Scourge? dead.gif
Ravor
Although to be fair, I somehow doubt that mankind was producing as much Background Count by iteself in the Fourth World, although not being a huge Earthdawn fan I could be mistaken...
Jaid
also, the BC is not everywhere, which it was in ED.
Serial_Peacemaker
Well I did put in some poor bastards that were being used to plant 'blood roses'. However the planter didn't actually realize where they were from originally, he was just a sick bugger.
Grinder
QUOTE (Jaid)

There's no background count in regions that are "safe". Matrizes were developed to avoid the drawbacks of casting raw magic (that don't need BC to work).
Cheops
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 4 2007, 03:42 AM)

There's no background count in regions that are "safe". Matrizes were developed to avoid the drawbacks of casting raw magic (that don't need BC to work).

Actually matrices help to get rid of Drain for you regardless of background count. Raw magic still caused damage even in safe areas--drain. However, this was a bonus to them--they were meant to counteract background count ala Filtering and Centering.
Grinder
True, but there's a difference between background count and drain wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
cheops, I think what you're thinking of, the increased damage from raw magic casting depending on the are, is more akin to mana warp damage than standard drain.
northern lights
frown.gif i so miss earthdawn. i want to find a game again.frown.gif
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Serial_Peacemaker)
Well I did put in some poor bastards that were being used to plant 'blood roses'. However the planter didn't actually realize where they were from originally, he was just a sick bugger.

Some players did that in a game I ran. They didn't know how to implant them properly so their test subject died.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012