Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet at Times Square on 12/31.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
In the past I've ran threads about local customs where you live but wondererd, have you ever been dropped into a thread in some big event where there are lots of people and security types- like New Years eve in Times Square, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on 5th ave, New York, Carnival in Rio or maybe the Lord Mayor's show in London, The Head of the Charles boat races in Boston or the annual re-enactment of Gettysburg at that town in central Pennsylvania. Even if you're not at the big event itself it affects the area around it.
Fortune
Sure. I've run games using things like Mardi Gras and the Olympics. Hell, I have used the Olympics a couple of times ... once with Shadowrun, and another time way back in '84 I ran Rolemaster for a group of about 12 people during the L.A. games.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Fortune)
Sure. I've run games using things like Mardi Gras and the Olympics. Hell, I have used the Olympics a couple of times ... once with Shadowrun, and another time way back in '84 I ran Rolemaster for a group of about 12 people during the L.A. games.

You ancient bastard.

That said, big events are fun for the thinking man's group, but they suck for the group with the cybersammie and the shootist with the Ingram LMG. May the player (and DM) beware.
Butterblume
Hm, Love Parade in Berlin, then still an anarchy, or Christopher Streetday in Cologne in the Rhein-Ruhr Megaplex.

But that was mainly background rather than significant to the run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012