Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Created Spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SinN
Anyone ever create their own spells? If so, share some. wink.gif

For example, here are two myself and a certain Adminastrater of dumpshock came up with today at work.

Blood Boil- Drain f/3+6. Must have blood drawn, For every box of damage taken adds a plus for all melee attack rolls.(Defending and attacking) Damage taken from attacks is ignored until the spell wears off. Also must make will tests not to attack allies. Think Rage from darksun. Except for this to work, you actually need to be bleeding.

Brain Burn(or Brain Bleed, I havent decided) - Drain : (f/2)+6 Effect: Single target combat spell, for every 2 boxes of damage inflicted, trget suffers one point of ability damage to their Logci attribute. Attribute loss damage is permanent until healed either medically or magically.

nuyen.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Basically what you're doing is combining a few different spells , which is just fine IMO. Just make for some nasty drain.

Burn for example is combining power bolt and a stepped down decrease logic

Second one would be like combining enhanced aim w/ resist pain - sustained instead of permanet.

SinN is trying to work out spells for one of his characters in my game, s feel free to pick it apart. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and you're spelling stinks. wink.gif
SinN
wink.gif Thanks Fister

Also, Made a mistake on Blood Boil. Heres the facts with the exception of drain. Havent come up with it yet.

You would ignore half the damage taken to them convert that into rage, aka extra dice for melee attacks like kicking, punching, stabbing, clubbing, etc. The other half would go into a damage pool.
For example= 8 boxes of damage is a +4 to a melee roll. The other four would go to the damage pool. When the spell wears off, ( 2 minutes per force) all the calculated damage takes effect and must be resisted. And like a said before, must make a will test/logic test to remember who your allies are and not attack them. Im thinking about making those separate test.
Pretty much, think a beserk spell from Final Fantasy, with a few extra kicks.
fistandantilus4.0
splitting the successes makes it a bit more palletable for me. For drain, I basically plan on combining the drain for the two spells for you. If you're going to have twice the punch, you'll get twice the kick back.

Edit: also limit the amount you can take (bonus dice and resist damage) by the net hits/force of course.

Thanks Fister

sarcastic.gif Bad karma for you
SinN
I like it. Next time i see you, we'll work out the force. By the way, if im getting bad karma for calling your fister, then your getting bad karma for making fun of my spelling. wink.gif

nuyen.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (SinN)
calling your fister, then your getting bad karma for making fun of my spelling. wink.gif

nuyen.gif

Another one for bad grammar
SinN
2 bad karma. So thats what? 4 for you? From me? I dont even wanna think how many Alysha's got on you, or you on her. (shudder)
fistandantilus4.0
Those the only two you're working on currently? I like the ideas, although I;m not sure how many people will let you canst the second one on their characters.
Konsaki
for balancing reasons, unless you factor in the fact that it is now ranged in the drain, the brain burn spell should be touch only.
Since all the Reduce X spells are all touch only, it would make sense to require a +1 drain to make it ranged in the combination. Really, the Reduce X spells are really powerfull if you choose attributes that people naturally have low, like logic or willpower. You could easily neutralise any street sam you came across if you had a ranged spell of those two attribute mods.
SinN
True, but who said they had to be willing. biggrin.gif Id love to cast it on Rocko, or Titan.
SinN
QUOTE (Konsaki)
for balancing reasons, unless you factor in the fact that it is now ranged in the drain, the brain burn spell should be touch only.
Since all the Reduce X spells are all touch only, it would make sense to require a +1 drain to make it ranged in the combination. Really, the Reduce X spells are really powerfull if you choose attributes that people naturally have low, like logic or willpower. You could easily neutralise any street sam you came across if you had a ranged spell of those two attribute mods.

Good call on the touch spell thing. It would almost seem to easy to cast it from affar.
Demerzel
New Spells: Finger Bang and Hand Job.

Touch Range, Gender Limited versions of Orgasm.

Orgasm is (F/2) - 2, touch range is -2 and the gender limitation probably is wirth a -1. So that would make these (f/2) - 5. So casting it at force 13 is 1 drain if you've got enough magic to do it.

Not really useful to have the drain so easy, so maybe instead make it a Permanent effect that's a +2 Drain mod so then it's (f/2) - 3 drain on a permanent Orgasm....

It's a bummer being a GM I can't torrment my GM with spell designs like this!
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks Dem, I'd forgotten to toss in the range. Honestly trying to knock out your mage here SinN, I really am. vegm.gif

I have a character that was using orgasm for a while while I was playing a while back. Just loved tormenting the GM.

Touch Range, Gender Limited versions of Orgasm.

notworthy.gif
Konsaki
Ok, a permanant orgasm spell... death by pleasure... yeah, thats way too powerfull.
fistandantilus4.0
one of my characters "magically assaulted" a college campus food court with Orgasm once for a distraction on a run. Good times, good times.
Mortax
QUOTE (Demerzel)

So torture your players a little with a wizkid gang. smile.gif All in good fun, of course.
SinN
Haha I remember you telling me about that.
Remember the time you used it on PlanB's charactor to make one of mine feel better? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mortax)
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Dec 29 2006, 09:11 PM)

So torture your players a little with a wizkid gang. smile.gif All in good fun, of course.

ONe of my favorite GMing experinecs was a game I ran forever ago with a team of pretty experienced runners tracking someone down, and butting heads with a gang. They didnt' realize the gangers were all mages until it was too late.

QUOTE (SinN)
Remember the time you used it on PlanB's charactor to make one of mine feel better?

No, but it sounds like something I would do with Havoc.

Was that around the same time one of her charaters hit you with an Agony spell for about 5 minutes, just for getting mouthy? Ahhh... good times... biggrin.gif
Mortax
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Ok, a permanant orgasm spell... death by pleasure... yeah, thats way too powerfull.

At least they will die happy. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012