Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mulvihill Novel?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slaine
Greetings.

I was thinking about SR novels this week - mainly cause I just listened to all of the Screamsheet podcasts - and I seem to vaguely recall that Mike Mulvihill was supposed to write a novel that would wrap up several of the old story arcs. I thought this was talked about in a "What's up with Shadowun" session maybe in 2003 or 2004.

Was this something that was actually suppossed to happen, or am I imagining things?

I have searched dumpshock but did not find any mention of this, and I was not able to locate any of the old "What's up" audio files.

Thanks for the help.
Adam
I think Mike was working on -- or planning on working on -- this project much earlier than 2003 or 2004. It was perhaps talked about at GenCon in 2000, the year before FASA shut down.
Anythingforenoughnuyen
Rumors about this have been floating around for a long time. I don't have any first hand information on the topic, but I will throw out what I heard with the hope that someone who reads this (and we all know that you are out there) will either flesh out the information I have, or set the record straight.

The book was tentatively titled Private Agendas, and the action centered around the political goings on in the North American Tir. In the book it explains how Anthine Oakforst's son is killed, and how Lowfyr leaves the council, amongst other things. Presumably a lot of the weirdness with the horrors almost coming through is all tied up with this as well, and brought to some sort of conclusion, including the death of the Big D, blood mages in Azzy, etc....

I would also like to say as a personal note (and my other reason for writing this) how sad it is that this book was never published. Mike's work has provided so much wonderful fun for myself and so many others that he should have been given a chance to add to the novel line. He was also one of the few people in the gaming world (not something I admit I have ever been a big part of, so don't take offence please, most of you I don't know and have never interacted with) who, during the old FASA days, was generous, prompt, and polite in responding to email questions about the game and the direction it was going.

Hopefully this thread will get more information about this out there.
AFE nuyen.gif
Slaine
I was just guessing at the 2003-4 timeframe - it has been something that has been rattling around in my brain for a while, but I knew I definitely heard something about it.

Adam - is the audio from those old Gencon "What's Up" sessions still floating around anywhere?

Hopefully someone will post more info.
Wounded Ronin
Heh, just as long as there aren't sharp-heeled high heels which cause physical damage when they hit you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012