Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frail Things OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Ophis
This is a place holder for this game, do a bit of meet and greet, you can have worked together before, you've been gathered by a woman called Mary to perform some piracy...

team is...

Sion_smee - Absynth - Troll HW adept
Yoippari - Englishman - rigger/thug type
Warrior Allanon - Wolfgar - Fighting Adept
Grinder - Doc Bones - medic
Trigger - Agent - Smuggler/Face type
Moonwolf - Sigurd - comat mage

well thats the roster boys
Trigger
Well, I decided to let my artwork speak for itself...then I will introduce Agent in character here, since I think that gives a better feel for him than just a description about him.

Agent

*french accent* "Oui? You want to know about me? You want to know about little Agent do you? HA! That is what I think of your request. Drek on you. Oh....you are begging now? You want so much to know about me that you will grovel like a UCAS pig? Fine, stand up and be a man, I will tell you of myself. Have some dignity will you. My name is Garrett Sylvester, but don't let me ever hear you call me that. To you I am Agent, got that? Good. I was born in France, my mother is a Sioux AmerInd and my father a French Canadian, but they left the States during that horrible war between the Indians and the Americans. They came here, to France, the real land of opportunity, with shadows deeper than your pathetic little Seattle back home. But that isn't what you came here for was it? No. You want to know about me. Well I was once French Military, started there actually but I quickly changed to Special Services because that was where my true talent lied. I was one of the top secret service agents in the French military, working everywhere, doing everything. That is until one of my contacts was zeroed out in Tir na nOg and the military turned on me. Thought it was me turning on them, tried to bring me in and cover their tracks, thought I was compromised. But I showed them, I got away, hid out in the Rhine. Then the Crash came, erased all record of me. But someone remebered I guess, someone with enough pull to send you after me, eh? Well, I am too good for that. They will never catch me, especially not if the best they can send after me is you." *raises gun to the listener* "No one can catch me, I was the best agent they had, now I am the best smuggler in these parts...no one can catch me." *fires*

Agent is a former special ops man, a trained diplomatic spy. He has top notch social skills, backed by a formidable personality and SOTA 'ware. He has been running data and weapons smuggling across Europe and the east coast of the UCAS for the last few years after the Crash. He also has good skill with most weapons, with favorites in each category. He is almost always seen wearing a dark green beret, from his days when he first joined the miltary. Also he has his dog tags, which he keeps with the face towards himself and a new inscription on the back 'Agent: Dead'. He works well with a team, but he likes to have some leeway to do things his own way.
Ophis
Hey trigger if you have time care to draw the rest of the group when descriptions turn up? There may be some karma in it for you...
Trigger
Karma?

*ahem* Why of course GM Ophis, it would be my pleasure.
Grinder
Doc Bones is a 38-year old elf who studied medicine at a Chicago University (originally, he's from a small town close to Washington, D.C.) and worked as a medic in a mercenary unit afterwards, due to the high pay and 'cause the work satisfied his fix for adrenaline. Over the years he got some bioware that helped him to survive working in the field.
Some years back he decided to settle things down for a while, after a merc job in middle Africa ended nasty. He moved to Boston, opened a small doctor's practice, but soon became bored. Having made a few contacts in the shadows, he decided to work a runner, at least part-time.

You don't know if he was trapped inside the Containment Zone or if he smuggled goods into the Zone, but it's clear the Doc Bones has a hatred for bug spirits and shamans.
Usually, he's a friendly, calm guy who never seems to get under pressure and can provide top medical care and first aid under all circumstances.

He's an handsome looking elf with an athletic body (1,82 meters by 70 kilos), with short black hair and dark blue eyes. Doc Bones doesn't care too much for the latest fashion trends and wears casual wear most of the time.

warrior_allanon
Old, sometimes i feel so old yet my body has stayed so young. The experience of years working this field mixed with a body that will still perform with the reaction speed of youth. The only thing that weighs me down now is the memories and the losses. Chicago, Japan, Boston, London, Seattle, five times i've come back to seattle and then left after a few years. Like the McClouds of the "Highlander" movies, live somewhere for a short period of time then move on before they notice. Now its back to Seattle, and maybe some work for a change. My funds have become depleated over the last few years, making me glad that when the system crashed i already had 90 percent of it in certified credsticks.

Wolfgar is an elf who has seen the night of rage (10 years old) and has been to Chicago both before, during, and after the cermak blast. (Bug City, Super tuesday). Growing up on the family farm in the deep south he was raised by his grandfather and then went into the CAS Marine Corp. After a single term of service in the marines he left under less than desirable circumstances and went to Seattle, sliding into the shadows and finding a crew to operate with. The crew lasted a while, making a small name for themselves before going into semi-retirement prior to the cermak blast. A devotee of wolf, Wolfgar found himself caught in Chicago by the blast and later managed to sneak out. Later, he and his apprentice (rescued from Chicago) ended up going back into chicago on a flurry of rescue missions since he new the post-blast landscape as well as smugglers routes into and out of he city.

Since the fall of the matrix until just a month ago wolfgar has been working as a para-military trainer along with the rest of his semi-retired team from the old days. Unfortunately, all of a sudden the rest of his team and his former apprentice suddenly turned up dead. This made him start to hunt once again, and now he finds himself back in Seattle low on funds and with no new leads into who has killed all his friends.

Hight: 2.0Meters
weight: 225lbs
build: slightly muscular, well defined but not bulky
haircut: Marine corp high and tight
dress: flat black BDU's and an armored duster
prefered weapons: Pistol and shotgun
Trigger
Here is a sketch of Grinder's Doc Bones, hope it is ok for you all, it is the image I got when I read through his description.

Doc Bones
yoippari
Englishman doesn't like many people, most people make him nervous. Those he does like, those he trusts, have earned that trust. The rest of the planet makes him nervous. Maybe it's just some healthy paranoia, or maybe it's unhealthy.

Englishman started out as a bagger in orbital london, thats cop for you non-brits. Just your average bagger with some standard ware that was cheaper than actual training him with anything he wasn't familiar with. He won't talk about what took him away from that life but you know that he bounced around france for a while as an off the books guard. Eventually he started running because he saw the opprotunity for a lot more money, mostly because personal guards are very gossipy when it comes to shadowrunners, especially french guards.

He worked around europe, mostly france and spain before hopping the pond where he did some travelling type running. Illegal shipments, the one off job in a small town where everyone knows everyone so noone really gets their noses dirty but was someone elses nose to get broke, that sort of thing. You also know that he is running from some debt, but the fact that he has stayed in town for a while indicates that he isn't too worried about the collectors finding him here.

Physicly, he is a well built ork though somewhat veticlaly compressed, possibly as tough as a troll, but not as strong. He doesn't fit the ork steriotype either. Aside from looking like he can take a hit from a troll with a cyber arm he is more intelligent than you would expect an ork to be and wears a clean, pressed suit whenever the situation might call for it. As far as you know he always wears gloves.

He favors his hammereli620s when on the town but on runs he caries a FN-HAR. The little autoloader fits well in his suit and he even has a "licence" for it, but when your wearing the typical armored jacket and preforming B&E, who you kidding. Especially when you have a doberman drone lobbing grenades around the corner.

He also loves his truck. More that he will tolerate people in fact. To most people it's an old DocWagon CM (the citymasters that Doc converted into ambulances) but to Englishman, it's home. It rides high with six tall narrow tires and the rear portion is essentially a big box with a door on the driver side. To add to the box look he usually has a trailor in tow. He takes some twisted pleasure in meeting johnsons at high class resturants only to see the valet's expressions when he pulls up.

Approx 5'4", 14 stones (he is british remember, they still use imperial measurements), reddish brown hair cut short

edit: I occasionally type too much, enjoy biggrin.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Trigger)
Here is a sketch of Grinder's Doc Bones, hope it is ok for you all, it is the image I got when I read through his description.

Doc Bones

Yeah, shows him really good! But without the glasses.
Trigger
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Trigger @ Jan 9 2007, 07:30 AM)

Doc Bones

Yeah, shows him really good! But without the glasses.

Sorry, I liked the glasses....even if he doesn't need them (due to cybereyes or whatnot) I think glasses just frame the face better.
Ophis
Group finalised.

People - if trigger does a good portrait of your character give him a karma, the desicion is yours

trigger - feel free to extend offer to the guys in Fragile thing.
Moonwolf
Sigurd is a quiet man from the depths of frozen Norway. He travels around a fair amount, as an unhealthy disrespect for power tends to put him on the wrong side of organised crime, but he has a good reputation for competency and teamwork with those he works with.

Sigurd is human, with blond hair cut short. He tends to wearing tough clothes, favouring the practical over the stylish. His light blue eyes seem to pierce through people who annoy him, but he is friendly and gregarious when relaxed. His skin seems weathered by long exposure to the elements, more than you would expect in the 2070s, which can make him seem older than his actual age of 27. He stands 5' 11", and is of moderate build, weighing 10 st 4lbs.
warrior_allanon
i can agree with that, my ability at drawing just absolutely sucks

trigger, 5karma bid for mine, similar to your characters, but with the noted distinctions from my earlier post
Sion_Smee
Absynth is a heaven and earth society member from Hong Kong. You know that he has been a member for some years. Before moving to Boston relitivly recently.

He speaks english very well although you can tell that it is not his native language, as he has a chinese accent.

Hight: 2.6m (8'5")
weight: 350Kg
build: Bulky, strong but not obscenely so for a troll, un-expectedly fast.
haircut: Short black hair, (Trigger if your going to draw him have some fun with the horns please)
dress: Black suit, white shirt.
preferred weapons: LMG, knife.

(edit thx grinder)
Grinder
Game's taking place in Boston. At least, it starts there.
Grinder
Ophis, when will the game start?
Trigger
Warrior, here is Wolfgar. Hope he is good for you.

Wolfgar
Trigger
Yoippari, here is Englishman. I did him just as a bust, hope it is ok for you.

Englishman
yoippari
I like it. The shape implies that he is stout in contrast to the elves (3 elves, 1 ork, 1 human, 1 troll, why aren't we doing a game in portland?) and he looks all respectable-ish. Once he opens his mouth all bets are off but looking at him, thats about right. He doesn't have a data jack but you guys can just ignore that. In fact you probably havn't seen any signs of cyber on him at all.

Considering the roster I think my backup will be human. I'm reluctant to do another adept but the concept that popped into my head requires adept. Depending on how ophis runs things I may be able to do a full mundane with high essence and not get stomped.
Trigger
Thanks for the comments on it, I am glad that you like it, but I must ask one thing...

Karma?
Ophis
Okay trigger have 7 karma for work so far. I'll be post IC eiter later tonight or tommorrow depends how my mind takes me.
yoippari
Karma has meen pmed to ophis
yoippari
edit: sry, double post
Ophis
Included in the above.
Ophis
IC up knock yourselves out with the big enterances...
Grinder
Can we disable signatures in the IC-thread?
Ophis
Forgot too. Done now (before I read your post too).

Is there any way to always turn them off for a thread?
Grinder
I don't think so.
warrior_allanon
absolutely perfect, agreed on karma sent
Grinder
Some settings I find useful in other IC games:
First time a character's name is used, it's written in bold.
Thoughts in single quotations, actual speec in double quotations.
AR messages and the like in itaics.

I found that really useful, maybe we can use it here too?
Trigger
I like thoughts in italics and AR messages in yellow or some other color. I say this because it is very easy to mistake single quotes and double quotes while reading and think that someone said something when in fact they were thinking it.
yoippari
I've always seen thoughts in italics. Not done a SR game before so never typed AR messages.
Grinder
QUOTE (Trigger)
I like thoughts in italics and AR messages in yellow or some other color. I say this because it is very easy to mistake single quotes and double quotes while reading and think that someone said something when in fact they were thinking it.

Oh yeah, that's cool too. smile.gif
Ophis
Thoughts in italic AR in yellow sounds fine to me, I'll try and remember to Bold names...
warrior_allanon
sounds good to me
Grinder
And think of disabling your signatures in the IC-thread smile.gif
Grinder
200,00 per runner or for the whole team?
Ophis
whole team.
Grinder
Before I ask IC: there's still the bounty on Blood Mages, isn't it?
warrior_allanon
As far as i know, yes
Ophis
Yes but they have to be on the Draco's wanted list to count.
Grinder
Hm, seems as if a Data Search is needed to get the DF Most Wanted Blood Mages. biggrin.gif
Ophis
Data Search and Browse smile.gif
Grinder
Gnn... don't think I have that program?
Ophis
Hardly my problem is it? smile.gif You only get the million if you invest and work for it.
Grinder
I know wink.gif The question was more in the line of "does my standard commlink have a basic browse program"?
Ophis
Yep roll datasearch.
Ophis
A little ref statement.

A couple of pointers on how I run things...

One I like lists of the numbers on dice rolled. If I'm taking of modifiers you are unaware of I take off from the right so don't list them highest to lowest, pick them up from once side of the dice splatter and list them in the order you pick them up. It stops me working from the left instead wink.gif

Two and this is the biggie. In combat I do the posting. We handle intiative etc here I post an order everyone posts the ooc side of their actions rolls and what they're doing. Once everything is sorted I post a cool action sequence in the IC thread. It keeps things tidy and means we don't get redundant IC posts. If you have a cool description you want posting send me it in a PM and I'll work it in.

Thank you for your time.
Grinder
QUOTE (Ophis)
Yep roll datasearch.

Data Search + Logic:

[ Spoiler ]
yoippari
I should probably roll for my ship search too huh.

Datasearch + Logic (also no browse program)
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012