Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damage compensator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
This came up in my game over the weekend. Our group has always used alcohol consumption as if it were a toxin filling in the stun condition modifier. I think an old SR3 adventure used this to track the effects of alcohol consumption, so we shouldn't be too far off. Anyway, the character's mission was to abduct a professional athlete who was out at a bar with some buddies. When I designed the NPC I gave him the damage compensator, and filled in a couple of boxes on the stun monitor to reflect his drunken state. Then I realized because of the damage comp, he had no modifiers. Has this come up during anyone elses game sessions, if so how have you dealt with it?
Banaticus
Just because he takes no damage from the boxes of stun damage that he's taken doesn't mean that he can't also be suffering from disorientation (-2 to all actions). smile.gif
QUOTE (SR4 @ p. 245, Toxins)
Some substances cause other effects such as nausea or paralysis, or as otherwise explained in their description. Unless otherwise noted, these effects occur unless the toxin’s Power is reduced to 0 by the Toxin Resistance Test.
Disorientation: The target suffers a –2 dice pool modifier to all actions due to confusion and disorientation for 10 minutes. Nausea: Nausea is a catch-all term that covers pain, panic, vomiting, double vision, and other toxin effects. If the Power of an attack after the Toxin Resistance Test exceeds the target’s Willpower, she is incapacitated (unable to take any actions) with vomiting and dizziness for 3 Combat Turns. Whether or not a character is incapacitated, nausea doubles all of a character’s wound modifiers for 10 minutes. A nauseous character with 3 boxes of damage (a –1 wound modifier), for example, suffers –2 dice on all tests instead.
Paralysis: This toxin blocks the body’s neuromuscular signals, rendering the target unable to move. If the Power of an attack after the Toxin Resistance Test exceeds the target’s Reaction, the target is paralyzed and unable to take physical actions for 1 hour. Even if the target is not paralyzed, she will suffer a –2 dice pool modifier for the next hour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012