Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR3] A question about Encephalon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
swe_wolfis
Encephalons provide a task pool equal to their rating but when decking the pool goes into hacking pool directly, but what constitutes decking? Sure, when doing a true matrix run, that is decking, and so is a matrix search, but programming then? Or should I be able to use the task pool when doing a search?
Pendaric
When your on the matrix you have the added hacking pool if your plugged in. All other times you get task pool for intelligence based skills. Simple neh.
Moon-Hawk
Almost as simple as the difference between "your" and "you're".
[/pet peev]
Kagetenshi
He got it correct. What he missed is a form of "to be"—it should be "his plugged is in", not "his plugged in" (or, in this case, your instead of his).

~J
Pendaric
To quote the wit, "..Separated by a common language.."
Moon-Hawk
Are you suggesting that either England or America uses the word "your" differently, or are you just not appreciating Kagetenshi's sense of humor?
Fortune
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
Are you suggesting that either England or America uses the word "your" differently, or are you just not appreciating Kagetenshi's sense of humor?

Are those the only two choices?
Moon-Hawk
Well, the third option is to yell DROP BEARS! and run away while we're all distracted.
Pendaric
I was indicating that the use of language between written grammar and common usage are vastly different and people can mis-communicate despite speaking the same language. American English and English are very different.
Typing errors, misspelling and misuse of gammer is often prevalent on public boards, often resulting in a lack of comment on them.
O and DROP BEARS!
SL James
QUOTE (Pendaric @ Jan 9 2007, 05:13 PM)
Typing errors, misspelling and misuse of gammer is often prevalent on public boards, often resulting in a lack of comment on them.

Not around here. Not entirely, anyway.
Bodak
He spelt 'grammar' without an E (and without an R the second time, but hey) and 'separated' without an extra E, so he's more literate than the majority of WoW players.
QUOTE (Pendaric)
I was indicating that the use of language between written grammar and common usage are vastly different
Right. When chatting verbally very lax grammar rules apply. When writing text on a computerised system which enables you to correct errors before submission, to not do so indicates ignorance, laziness or apathy on the part of the author.

Not that there is anything wrong with ignorance, laziness or apathy.
Sphynx
Way to totally derail the thread guys. Stop talking about grammEr.

Swe. If you're plugged in via a datajack to the matrix (made your login roll), you use Hacking Pool. Otherwise, you use Task Pool.
Moon-Hawk
Sorry 'bout the hijack. My fault. In my defense, I felt the question had been answered.
To echo:
Yeah, no task pool when you're plugged in, just hacking pool. Very early in the Matrix book they describe every bit of 'ware's contribution to hacking pool.
Pendaric
I am dyslexic. Am use to this. So I will have to go for ignorance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012